Groups

pc security

my mcaffee security has run out and i dont really want to renew it at 50 quid, so does anyone know of a decent free alternative?

8 Comments

]Avast is good

google will give you all the free ones AVG, avast etc

i use Sunbelt as my firewall

and avira antivir as my anti virus

never had a problem after having these 2.

another thing is you should have all your updates if you have windows as your operating system

Original Poster

cheers i did google some but just wondered if people could recommend a decent one, thanks for the few youve given

Banned

Do you bank with ]barclays online? If so you get the full kaspersky suite for free

Original Poster

lottysdad08;6844348

Do you bank with ]barclays online? If so you get the full kaspersky suite … Do you bank with ]barclays online? If so you get the full kaspersky suite for free

The gf does yeah I'll check that out cheers

Apart from the usual freebies : AVG & Avast , I've recently tried out the Comodo AIO [Firewall & Antivirus] , I've used the Comodo Firewall for years , very good , but the AIO seems OK , no trouble with as yet . Another one I'm tyring and I think is very good and again free is Avira . Picked up loads of trojans in some of my old software folders . For bought Anti-Virus programs you cannot beat Kaspersky and ESET NOD , but I see you want freebies . Download them both [Comodo & Avira ], of course dont use both ,unless on separate machines and try them out if you have a few spare PC's or laptops . You'll get em at : w*w.majorgeeks.c*m
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions