Groups

PC - Size of Items on screen and Internet Smaller?

Wondered if anyoe can help me please? I am on Vista and last night all was ok and shut down. When I have just logged on to my PC, the image I had as my wallpaper and the icons were smaller. I logged onto the Internet and again, everything is smaller. It's as though my screen has got bigger!!!

So it;s not just one thing, it;s everything?!

i have a widescreen 19 inch monitor and as far as I'm aware no one else has made any changes.

Can anyone advise me please??

6 Comments

Hold the "Ctrl" key on the keyboard and using the scroll button on your mouse, scroll backwards (or forwards i cant remember)

Banned

you have changed your resolution so put it back under control panel/change appaerance

Original Poster

manzi;1684853

Hold the "Ctrl" key on the keyboard and using the scroll button on your … Hold the "Ctrl" key on the keyboard and using the scroll button on your mouse, scroll backwards (or forwards i cant remember)

Nope that didnt do anything??

Original Poster

csiman;1684885

you have changed your resolution so put it back under control … you have changed your resolution so put it back under control panel/change appaerance

i haven't changed anything - that's the strange thing! I could go to control panel but what would I change it to?

Right click on your desktop, click personalization (bottom option ) then click display settings. This is where you can change your screen resolution, just move the slider to the left for 'bigger' icons + right fro 'smaller' icons

Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice. For some reason my screen res had latered? Maybe due to the Widows update last night (that i did try to back out but reverting back to a previous version but it kept failing. I think Im there ow - cheers!!!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047174
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876398
      3. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1022
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251373

See more discussions