Groups

PC Speakers advice required

Can anyone recommend a budget but half decent PC speaker set up?

I have had cheap nasty speakers forever and want to upgrade them so I can listen to music over the PC.

Ebay would be good as I have paypal funds ready to be spent.

Thanks for any tips / advice / suggestions.

16 Comments

Whats your limit? as X-540 are good but gonna cost £60ish +

Original Poster

winifer;7531464

Whats your limit? as X-540 are good but gonna cost £60ish +

Thanks, but was hoping for a lot cheaper than that, am I gonna struggle without spending that much?

Banned

you'll need a decent soundcard too. Most onboard sound doesnt cut it for music

Depends what your really looking for to be fair, whether you want 2.1 or 5.1, basically any sort of logitech ones are gonna be fairly good quality, so search ebay for logitech pc speakers and have a look

never heard a bad word about any logitech stuff

Banned

greg_68;7531485

Thanks, but was hoping for a lot cheaper than that, am I gonna struggle … Thanks, but was hoping for a lot cheaper than that, am I gonna struggle without spending that much?

you wont get anything even half decent for less than £50

Banned

csiman;7531522

you wont get anything even half decent for less than £50

Original Poster

^^^ 2.1 will do, will have a look at ebay thanks, was hoping someone might point me in the direction of a specific set if possible as I don't really know what to look for.

Depends how much space you got but what about a second hand hi-fi separates amp and some hi-fi speakers? I use a Technics amp and speakers and wouldn't want to go back to pc speakers any time soon.

Also the soundcard built into your pc may or may not be good enough. It's hard to comment without hearing for yourself.

Yer really the best thing with speakers is to listen to them yourself

Original Poster

I don't need anything too fancy or wacking bass, just something that sounds better than a Green Day inside a tin box.

Original Poster

Anyone have an opinion on these then.

ebay 390110064744

for a start cheaper on amazon, £18.95 on amazon,

]http//ww…I9A

Umm 42 good feedback, seems good

But you have paypal money to use don't you.. Either way they have got good reviews

Original Poster

^^^ thanks very much, seems you can get 'budget' speakers.

If only the ones i wanted were the cheap Hope you enjoy them though

Banned

dont know abot them speakers but i can vouc for logitech excelent after service, i bought z-10 over a year ag and stopped working they sent me a replacement set from holland via ups straight away......there was crackling coming from that set so they are sendng me another set that am expecting tomorrow;)

Logitech Z-4's I got mine last year for under £50 and they are totally worth it for a 2.1 system
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44

See more discussions