Groups

pc techie help needed NTLDR error missing file

NTLDR error as above laptop cant boot have tried reinstalling windows from drive can anyone help me please

8 Comments

I've had this problem on two computers before, Turns out it was hard drive failure, I managed to get linux to install and that's were I found the problem.

is this on a Asus Laptop? Try Reformatting the hard drive you are installing windows from.

Banned

remove power lead completely for 30 secs and re-boot. if still failing, then its knackered

Depends on the version of Windows , XP boot from the cd , run recovery mode (repair mode), type admin password , run fixmbr,

csiman;8735234

remove power lead completely for 30 secs and re-boot. if still failing, … remove power lead completely for 30 secs and re-boot. if still failing, then its knackered

lol worst advice :thumbsup:

assuming this is XP, try using the recovery stuff off the disc, i.e fixboot, fixmbr

if that dont work try this:

tinyempire.com/not…htm

Banned

jackvdbuk;8735423

lol worst advice :thumbsup:assuming this is XP, try using the recovery … lol worst advice :thumbsup:assuming this is XP, try using the recovery stuff off the disc, i.e fixboot, fixmbrif that dont work try this:http://www.tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm

lol at your advice too. cant you read! :whistling:already tried that muppet :roll:

The hard drive could have gone kaput. I would suggest fixboot/fixmbr but if you've reinstalled Windows, that won't fix it.

Can you run a hardware diagnostics?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'31449
      2. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1316
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047110
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7121344

See more discussions