Groups

PC to hd monitor via dvi to hdmi audio problem

Ok my tv has a HDMI port meant for pcs(considering it says HDMI 2/DVI PC audio 2 in on the red and white phone slots next to it)

Anyway to get the sound to work the red and white phono lead which on other end is headphone jack only works if connected at power up.

But even then if the screen saver comes on the sound goes and I have to restart pc or use the seperate 5.1 system I have

I have tried emulators but they also cut out the sound too and I have to reboot/power off pc.

What can the problem be?

8 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone?

I've never come across audio being as problematic as that when connected through the analogue out, when the audio drops out does it still work through headphones?

John

Original Poster

Well no as its connected to the headphone port though I also tried the sound card at back.

As soon as I take out the headphone cable that leads to tv the 5.1 system works.

I'm meaning to put a set of headphones into the headphone port you're using as that quickly narrows down where the problem lies. I assume you're using a digital output or something different for the 5.1 system.

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;2631482

I'm meaning to put a set of headphones into the headphone port you're … I'm meaning to put a set of headphones into the headphone port you're using as that quickly narrows down where the problem lies. I assume you're using a digital output or something different for the 5.1 system.John

No just using the sound card at back which is green, black and orange

Havent tried a set of headphones yet.

because you are connecting through your headphone port, this overides the soundcard. you need to plug it directly into one of the soundcard ports

Sounds like the screen saver is interfering with the audio drivers "jack sensing" ability, if a driver update doesn't cure this try turning off jack sensing in the bios, i have an asrock board which does funny tricks like this sometimes.
    Also get a copy of the main board manual and check the front panel is wired correctly to the main board, on newer boards there are two standards for wiring and yours may be using wrong scheme.

Original Poster

Hmm yeah I believe I hve the jack sensing ability enabled on vista will see about that.

Didnt want it to connect to the back sound card as I want both to output different channels of audio

Out of interest is it possible to do a digital(black) coaxial to red and white even if some quality loss that way its connected to the card.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764465
      2. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​59
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2134

See more discussions