Groups

PC to RF Modulator (Composite)

Right, i have a dilemma, i have a PC with an ATI Radeon HD3650, which has a DVI and HDMI. I want to distribute the pc screen and audio around the house. The sound i can d with a 3.5mm jack to red/white phono leads, but how do i get the video into the yellow? The alreadty installed RF Modulator only has composite and SCART. There doesn't seem to be any converters available.

6 Comments

Doesnt the card have a tv out socket too ?.

DVI/HDMI to composite is not a direct conversion since the digital signals need to be encoded to an analogue composite signal. Furthermore, since composite combines the RGB signals (which is inferior to RGB SCART or VGA) you will need an expensive converter.

It's not all doom and gloom though. If your DVI connector is of DVI-I specification then it supports VGA out and VGA to composite is an easier conversion as both are analogue. Unfortunately, it is still expensive since VGA signals use horizontal and vertical synchronization signals. This item may work maplin.co.uk/Mod…t15 but your screen must support the requisite synchronization signals. If the DVI connector is DVI-D then it will not support VGA output.

Quite frankly, it isn't worth the effort due to expensive equipment (eg. chaining a Matrox Triple Head 2 Go to the device from Maplin shown above). A change of graphics card supporting SVideo composite or coaxial composite output would be the cheapest and easiest option.

Original Poster

Can anyone suggest a cheapo (it' will be used very occasionally, just swap them over) PCI-E graphics card then, that does have a yellow phono video out, i know from a while back that there were a few AGP graphics cards around with them on.

peodude;7074634

Can anyone suggest a cheapo (it' will be used very occasionally, just … Can anyone suggest a cheapo (it' will be used very occasionally, just swap them over) PCI-E graphics card then, that does have a yellow phono video out, i know from a while back that there were a few AGP graphics cards around with them on.

think your find most will have a s video out not a yellow phono out, but you can get a cheap adaptor if not included anyways. Just check for cheap ones, then see if they have them, or get on the FS/FT board here and ask for someothing basic with what you need :thumbsup:

peodude;7074634

Can anyone suggest a cheapo (it' will be used very occasionally, just … Can anyone suggest a cheapo (it' will be used very occasionally, just swap them over) PCI-E graphics card then, that does have a yellow phono video out, i know from a while back that there were a few AGP graphics cards around with them on.

If you choose one with SVideo make sure it is SVideo composite as that is compatible with the yellowcoaxial composite (they're the same signal). This one has composite out

ebuyer.com/pro…576

But a much cheaper option would be

overclockers.co.uk/sho…gle

There are plenty of others that do not advertise composite out but specify SVideo. If the SVideo connector outputs composite rather than RGB signals then it will be fine. Plenty to choose from here:

google.co.uk/pro…out

You can fit an extra graphics card in conjunction with your existing graphics card providing you have enough compatible PCI-E slots on the motherboard.

Original Poster

I knew there'd be someone on here with the knowledge to do it, thanks for your help ElliottC and awoodhall2003. Rep added accordingly
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      2. Best VR games?22
      3. What to do?????23
      4. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55

See more discussions