Groups

Pc to tv via hdmi stopped working

I have always had my tv plugged in to my pc via hdmi which I use as a second monitor. Recently my pc will no longer detect the tv. I have tried a different hdmi cable that I know definitely works and I have tried a different tv so that rules those two things out. I have updated the intel graphics drivers and also tried rolling them back which still didn't solve the problem. I'm thinking maybe now that it could be hardware damage but does any body have any other ideas before I take it to repair shop? Thanks in advance

10 Comments

Have you tried changing the HDMI cable?

I tell you what happened to me, I connected my gaming PC to my Samsung 3D TV a few years ago, the power supply i was using is a corsair 120 Pro PSU, i connected the PC to the TV using HDMI worked once and did not work the next day. I tried everything with no joy.

I contacted Samsung for an engineer visit, they could not establish why the HDMI sockets were no longer working. Well it turned out my PC blew all the HDMI sockets so they have to replace the board.

I find this strange but this could of happened to you? try connecting a games console and see if all your sockets are working.

Try cycling through 'windows key + p'.

punji

Have you tried changing the HDMI cable?I tell you what happened to me, I … Have you tried changing the HDMI cable?I tell you what happened to me, I connected my gaming PC to my Samsung 3D TV a few years ago, the power supply i was using is a corsair 120 Pro PSU, i connected the PC to the TV using HDMI worked once and did not work the next day. I tried everything with no joy. I contacted Samsung for an engineer visit, they could not establish why the HDMI sockets were no longer working. Well it turned out my PC blew all the HDMI sockets so they have to replace the board. I find this strange but this could of happened to you? try connecting a games console and see if all your sockets are working.

​It's quite common unfortunately. There's no protection on the hdmi port. My crappy r9 290 fried a hdmi socket on my home theatre. Never had an issue with my gtx 460 though.

Check the tv hdmi port with another device 1st to see if it's truly dead.

Original Poster

kester76

Check the tv hdmi port with another device 1st to see if it's truly dead.

Ye like I said I've tried 2 different 2 TVs and my laptop still works though them both. Thanks though

The graphics card i was using at the time was a Geforce TITAN. Try borrowing or purchasing a cheap graphics card with HDMI and see if that works. At least if it does you'll know it's the graphics card. And you will not need to fork out for a repair as they may just rip you off.

try rolling back the graphics card driver via device manager , mine just updated on win 10 and was playing up so ive rolled back and now its back to normal

try using the dvi port, you can get dvi to hdmi leads from ebay if your tv does not have dvi input

this will halp diagnose if the card or just the hdmi port is broken. if that works you need to use a different port for your sound as dvi does not channel the sound to tv/amp etc

Original Poster

wanderer

try rolling back the graphics card driver via device manager , mine just … try rolling back the graphics card driver via device manager , mine just updated on win 10 and was playing up so ive rolled back and now its back to normal

Tried that all ready. Rolled it back and updated it manually via intel website and still nothing. Thanks though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians1726
      2. word association Game74044569
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2644
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1027

See more discussions