Groups
    EXPIRED

PC Tower - Budget - £400 (ish)

Little brother is looking for a PC tower (doesn't want a laptop) already has a monitor.
    Looking for the best possible deal around £400, dedicated graphics, OS and at least 4GB ram.
    Anyone point me towards one? Refurbs are ok but would need 12 months warranty. He's not wanting to build his own, but would consider a barebones (with no OS) if price by the time you add Win 7 comes in below £400

4 Comments

Have you thought about visiting a local computer fair, if it's like our local one (at the NEC) you can choose exactly what you want and they will build it there and then to your spec and using decent components at a lower cost IMO.

Original Poster

greg_68

Have you thought about visiting a local computer fair, if it's like our … Have you thought about visiting a local computer fair, if it's like our local one (at the NEC) you can choose exactly what you want and they will build it there and then to your spec and using decent components at a lower cost IMO.

Never thought/heard about it. Thanks

I just bought this. novatech.co.uk/nov…tml
    Stuck in a 1tb samsung f3 HDD for around £40
    Added optical drive for £12.50
    And a sapphire HD 5770 for £94.50
    Total = £337.00 (enough to buy OS?)
    Bare in mind building your own really isn't that much harder and you could buy better components for the money; this barbones only took 2 hours for me to assemble (and it was the first time I've done anything like it )

Also check out this dinopc.com/sho…htm
    Probably recommend sticking with their on board graphics and adding your own card afterwards.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest Place to Buy Half Decent LED Bulbs - Bayonet & Spots32
      2. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup11
      3. cheap glasses websites78
      4. DPD international?33

See more discussions