Groups

PC tower capable of playing Minecraft for under £200

I need a new tower capable of playing Minecraft comfortably but also allow my son to do his homework (Reason a console is no good) My budget is £200 max

Someone posted in one of the deal topics that there are some good systems on Ebay but I have no idea what I'm looking for so any help or links to towers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

8 Comments

You might want to consider this
    128Gb SSD & 4GB RAM. For an extra £30, you can get it with 8GB RAM.

You could also get this
    No SSD in that one though.

Even for basic usage, I just wouldn't buy a computer unless it had an SSD inside it. It just saves so much frustration.

Ssd drives are perfect for loading times for windows and games but a luxury for a gaming machine on a tight budget. I would recommend more memory than the 4 mb but it will be ok for your son playing mine craft. The first machine I'm not sure on the internals but I cannot see a hdmi port. The second has no graphics card. A comparison between a8 7600 and g3360

Make sure you have a 64bit os if buying anymorethan 4gb ram otherwise the system wont recognize the extra.
    If your comfortable building ,then it might be worth looking on ebay as you can get a decent ish used mobo bundle for not a lot (somtimes i5 2500k mobo and ram go for az little as £100)

antony4462

The second has no graphics card.

Neither does your suggestion. Despite listing the integrated graphics branding separately and going on about dual graphics capability both use integrated.

Both the G32/G34 and A8-7600 systems are solid choices for minecraft, the latter better for gaming more generally. I'd avoid the optiplex one as they don't specify the CPU (beyond a vague 'dual core') or computer model so it could be much older (and slower) than the other two.

My son plays happily on a lenovo X201 with 4gb ram & an ssd (I added the ssd) paid £100

Minecraft is pretty forgiving especially if you use the graphics mod to maximise performance.

EndlessWaves

Neither does your suggestion. Despite listing the integrated graphics … Neither does your suggestion. Despite listing the integrated graphics branding separately and going on about dual graphics capability both use integrated.Both the G32/G34 and A8-7600 systems are solid choices for minecraft, the latter better for gaming more generally. I'd avoid the optiplex one as they don't specify the CPU (beyond a vague 'dual core') or computer model so it could be much older (and slower) than the other two.

I did understand the fact the amd a8 system also does not have a graphics card but a fairly compitant gpu for games like mine craft, but I should have made that clear in my post so thank you. I did leave link to a toms hardware post that would clarify that and information to aid a decision between the two, But some times I can be abstract. So thanks again.

Edited by: "antony4462" 24th Jan

Original Poster

Many thanks for all the replies, I noticed that the A8 7600 PC has "WINDOWS 7 64 BIT TRIAL VERSION" Which puts me of that system a little unless theres a cheap or free way around this?

Thanks again

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767288
      3. word association Game73944492
      4. What would be HELL to you?1517

See more discussions