Groups

PC TV OUT CARD help wanted..

Hi guys,

I am after a pc tv out card for Siemens Scaleo P computer. Can I buy any card for it or will have to buy one specifically for that pc?

Also how easy are they to fit?

Thanks

11 Comments

I dunno what type of Pc but you need to see whats slots are available for your card to fit into. If its old, it might have a pci slot , might even pci-e slot ..need to find out before you go looking for cards . You also have a low riser card which have a low profile which fits into smaller pcs. Might just be an idea too at the manual that might have come with the motherboard so you can identify your needs or bring your pc into a local pc shop (no pcw please) and ask them for advice

Original Poster

andrewison;5609450

I dunno what type of Pc but you need to see whats slots are available … I dunno what type of Pc but you need to see whats slots are available for your card to fit into. If its old, it might have a pci slot , might even pci-e slot ..need to find out before you go looking for cards . You also have a low riser card which have a low profile which fits into smaller pcs. Might just be an idea too at the manual that might have come with the motherboard so you can identify your needs or bring your pc into a local pc shop (no pcw please) and ask them for advice

cheers mate, will have a look and no way id be going to PCW lol prob end up paying £6000 for a card lol. :thumbsup:

ts.fujitsu.com/hom…tml

looks quite a big machine, so you should be ok , check for the pci/ -e and see what are available. Try looking for hauppauge.co.uk/ for tv card , they are well known and fairly reliable. Or you could just go for a USB type TVcard , plenty of them about and saves the bother of opening up your pc

Original Poster

andrewison;5609487

http://ts.fujitsu.com/home/products/personal_computers/scaleo_p.htmllooks … http://ts.fujitsu.com/home/products/personal_computers/scaleo_p.htmllooks quite a big machine, so you should be ok , check for the pci/ -e and see what are available. Try looking for http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/ for tv card , they are well known and fairly reliable. Or you could just go for a USB type TVcard , plenty of them about and saves the bother of opening up your pc

I wish that was my scaleo p but it is not as i do not have any dvi to hdmi functionality on it, mine is about 3 years old and has nothing so thats why i am having to get a card for it.
    Will look at usbs, never thought of that.

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

andrewison;5609487

http://ts.fujitsu.com/home/products/personal_computers/scaleo_p.htmllooks … http://ts.fujitsu.com/home/products/personal_computers/scaleo_p.htmllooks quite a big machine, so you should be ok , check for the pci/ -e and see what are available. Try looking for http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/ for tv card , they are well known and fairly reliable. Or you could just go for a USB type TVcard , plenty of them about and saves the bother of opening up your pc

Hauppauge are good for TV cards - but those are for watching TV on the PC...

The OP is looking for a card that will give them TV out - most modern graphics cards (even the cheaper ones) will do this with either a composite (yellow phono connector) or S-video (better quality output, looks a bit like an old-style mouse-keyboard connector) connector. Higher end models may come with an adapter that allows you to output to HDMI (with or without sound) through an adaptor you plug into one of the DVI ports. Except for the HDMI option you will probably need to run your PC at a lower resolution than normal in order to get a signal.

As has been mentioned earlier, you need to check if you have PCI-Express slots (likely if the PC is less than a couple of years old) or the older AGP slots - these will be mentioned in the manual, or printed on the motherboard.

You should be OK with a TV Dongle but make sure your PC/laptop has USB2 . I 'm sure it will have if it's reasonably newish. As USB TV Dongles wont work on anything less.You need the fast data transfer speed.

just to clarify....

do you want to watch tv on your PC? if so, there are quite a few usb sticks that will work - no need for a card

or

do you want to connect your PC to a TV - to use as a larger monitor? if so you can also do this externally, I bought an adapter from ebay for 20 quid. Although it might be worth buying a new graphics card, and enjoying the increased performance

Misterel;5609600

Hauppauge are good for TV cards - but those are for watching TV on the … Hauppauge are good for TV cards - but those are for watching TV on the PC...The OP is looking for a card that will give them TV out - .

fair comment ....
    you are right i think i jumped too quick...

best to go somewhere like scan or microdirect and browse their cards , they will tell you if it has a TV out. ..

surely it might be better to check if your tv has vga in?

Original Poster

maddogb;5611877

surely it might be better to check if your tv has vga in?

tv does not have a vga in, I bought the tv i have purely for the quality of the picture as i had a samsung one with a vga socket and the picture was rubbish unless i sat at an exact angle.

rbquk;5642966

tv does not have a vga in, I bought the tv i have purely for the quality … tv does not have a vga in, I bought the tv i have purely for the quality of the picture as i had a samsung one with a vga socket and the picture was rubbish unless i sat at an exact angle.

so what connections does it have? it makes all the diff
    the previous experience was probably down to matching the correct res and refresh because you cannot better vga for quality
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions