PC Upgrade

Found 18th Sep 2017
Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing a new CPU/Mobo/RAM to upgrade from an FX6300.

What would you recommend with a budget of £250?

No preference between Intel or AMD.

PC is used for playing PUBG, BF1 and The witcher 3.

I'm off to the states this week so could potentially pick up parts over there.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
£250 budget to play those games are you living in dreamland, what GPU you got?
I'd probably keep the memory and go for an i5 4690k or i7 4770k off cex and buy a cheap z97 motherboard off ebay. Nothing wrong with Haswell for gaming.
I've got an RX480. I can play the games at the moment but if I have PUBG and Skype/Chrome open then my CPU gets maxed out. Thanks for the idea Kester, I'll have a look into that.
I'd probably spend the extra £50 and get a Ryzen 5 1600, that's the pick of the range at the moment.
Hi Endless,

What motherboard would you recommend to go with a Ryzen 5 1600? Thanks.
wekaj44 m ago

Hi Endless,What motherboard would you recommend to go with a Ryzen 5 1600? …Hi Endless,What motherboard would you recommend to go with a Ryzen 5 1600? Thanks.

Whichever gives you the ports you're likely to use in the near future, it's not worth spending a great amount on a motherboard these days.
guys, he did say a CPU/mobo/ram combo, not an entire system

as above, for this price point (especially if you want new), Ryzen will be your best bet.

if you are happy with used, go with kester76's recommendation - you will be perfectly happy with it.
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 18th Sep 2017
Thanks both. I was looking at going for new ideally. Does the ryzen 5 1600 have much over the 5 1500X for gaming?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants