PC Upgrade help!

Found 18th Sep 2017
Hi folks, I'm thinking about upgrading my PC (specs below) and I'm planning on going for a new motherboard, CPU, cooler and RAM.

I mainly use it for gaming @ 1080/1440.

Here's my PCPartsPicker list of current owned parts, anyone care to suggest options for new CPU, cooler, mobo and RAM?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…MsJ

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

Without knowing your budget I'd suggest a 7900x with a Asus rog x299 motherboard and 128gb of ddr4 .

Can't suggest an upgrade with out knowing your budget

Hey,

Personally I would change the SSD to M.2.

Add mass storage for steam etc.

Get an EVGA card. The screen you've selected is a 1080, not a 1440 - if you've got a 1440 monitor, I personally would get a minimum 1080 for frame rate.

I use a 6600K, great CPU. If your not looking to over clock, the 6500 was referred to as bang for buck. I know there is a new gen, but I like these processors.

Motherboard depends on the above.

Perhaps an 850w supply for future proofing with ease.

I also use Noctua for cooling.
Edited by: "hairray" 18th Sep 2017

hairray3 h, 58 m ago

Hey,Personally I would change the SSD to M.2.Add mass storage for steam …Hey,Personally I would change the SSD to M.2.Add mass storage for steam etc.Get an EVGA card. The screen you've selected is a 1080, not a 1440 - if you've got a 1440 monitor, I personally would get a minimum 1080 for frame rate.I use a 6600K, great CPU. If your not looking to over clock, the 6500 was referred to as bang for buck. I know there is a new gen, but I like these processors. Motherboard depends on the above.Perhaps an 850w supply for future proofing with ease.

I think you misunderstood, the parts on part picked are the ones which will be staying. Anyway a 1080 is overkill for 1080p and upgrading the SSD isn't going to get a noticeable difference really. I think something like a 6600k would be great, i7 would be silly. 16GB of any ram will do.

MIDURIX8 m ago

I think you misunderstood, the parts on part picked are the ones which …I think you misunderstood, the parts on part picked are the ones which will be staying. Anyway a 1080 is overkill for 1080p and upgrading the SSD isn't going to get a noticeable difference really. I think something like a 6600k would be great, i7 would be silly. 16GB of any ram will do.

Hello again!

He said he wants to do 1440, 1070 would suffer on frame rates unless his playing on Low settings. I speak from experience, 1070 and 1080 in our household.

M.2 PCIe is a noticeable difference, I have it. The read and write speeds are great.

16gb ram is too much unless doing video editing etc 8gb would more than suffice.

I didn't say it wouldn't, but I would not want Low frame rate on 1440...especially if I forked out the money for a 1440 monitor.

8gb of ram is more than enough, I run 2
Of those games with no problems, there must be something wrong with your PC if you think you need 16gb for games.

I can't believe you comment a load of crap, like you did on yesterday's discussion. Toxic!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions