Groups
    EXPIRED

PC version of Mac Mini

I'm looking to replace my boyfriends machine, he wants a small form factor PC that he can use for browsing the web, watching movies and playing games (nothing hardcore, I think sims2 is the most graphic intensive game he has)

I'm a mac user so I struggle when looking through the millions of PCs out there.
    anyone know anything that would be any good?

I'm looking for something that is smaller than a usual PC tower, I've been looking at the Acer L100 which is nice but i'm not convinced, anyone know of any others?

2 Comments

I would recommend a PC from the HP 'Pavilion Slimline' series. They have intermediate specs, and are available for about £400 (just the base unit) or for just over £500 including a screen. The base units are quite cute, and although not as small as a mac mini, they take up much less room than traditional towers.

For an idea:

h10010.www1.hp.com/wwp…tml

or

pcworld.co.uk/mar…id=

Hope this is useful!

Theres a device which is smaller then a Laptop and lighter. There are two types:

1. ASUS EEE PC2-GW Handheld Computer Link:

pcworld.co.uk/mar…id=

2. ASUS EEE PC4GB Handheld Computer Link:

pcworld.co.uk/mar…id=

It has USB inputs which allow to connect to a external CD/DVD Burner, Hard Drive extra. Also I read that you can install windows XP.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT sport on sky boxes47
      2. Samsung Galaxy S633
      3. Amazon spend £20 and get £5 extra44
      4. Xiaomi phones45

See more discussions