Found 7th Oct 2016
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good watercooling kit to install in a system I'm building? what do I actually need for this, or is there an all-in-one kit I can buy off the shelf that will come with everything I need to install it easily?

1. Ask
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. PC
9 Comments

I presume this is for CPU rather than GPU.
Also do you really need it?
You need to look at the dimensions for fitting the fans in the case.
I have this installed Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 but i needed to have liquid cooling as I have an fx9590.

What are you wanting? A full water cooler or a cpu and or gpu cooler?
Personally I have a corsair h110i cpu cooler, I use the fans on the gpu, but always go for a 2-3 gpu fan option, and then I have a large case that has 6 big fans in, always runs at a nice 40-50 degrees under load

westy125

What are you wanting? A full water cooler or a cpu and or gpu cooler? … What are you wanting? A full water cooler or a cpu and or gpu cooler? Personally I have a corsair h110i cpu cooler, I use the fans on the gpu, but always go for a 2-3 gpu fan option, and then I have a large case that has 6 big fans in, always runs at a nice 40-50 degrees under load

Mine to and have nnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNo pproblems atttt al
=

Original Poster

I was initially looking at a water cooler for the CPU instead of using air..

FTCom

I was initially looking at a water cooler for the CPU instead of using … I was initially looking at a water cooler for the CPU instead of using air..

You really need to list your specs to get specific answers.

FTCom

I was initially looking at a water cooler for the CPU instead of using … I was initially looking at a water cooler for the CPU instead of using air..

It'll depend on which CPU you have, how far it's overclocked and what size radiator you case will accept.

Cooler Master Seidon 120V is fine for anything other than AMD 8xxx or 9xxx series CPU's, and is a ready-filled and sealed easy to fit unit with all brackets supplied.

If you want graphics cooling as well, you really need to build your own cooling loop.

moneybag

Cooler Master Seidon 120V is fine for anything other than AMD 8xxx or … Cooler Master Seidon 120V is fine for anything other than AMD 8xxx or 9xxx series CPU's, and is a ready-filled and sealed easy to fit unit with all brackets supplied.

Those small ones are a generally a waste of time though, with even a mid-range aircooler surpassing it in every way for less money. They do have a couple of uses like a more secure mounting if the PC gets moved a lot but for the average system the only reason to get one is so that you can tell the uninformed that you've got a watercooled PC.

Just do a search for AIO cooler. Main issue with liquid cooling is where you're going to mount it in your case. You also need access to clean out the radiator fins every so often as they can get clogged with dust. Normally it's CPU back or top of case and GPU at front of case.

Liquid cooling is not magic and only moves the heat to another location. i.e. you don't really want your CPU/GPU dumping heat into a cramped case. So decent air flow is needed as well unless you buy an external radiator.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on selling an iPhone?11
    2. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…11
    3. Advice on a decent second-hand DSLR11
    4. arome therapy diffusers22

See more discussions