Groups

PC & WiFi USB Dongle

I'd be grateful of just some guidance please. My tower PC has no wifi card, so I've got a wifi dongle. My current PC is connected to my router by cable,, so is it simply a job of removing the Ethernet cable, inserting the USB wifi dongle and I'll be able to surf using PC over wifi??

Sorry if it's an easy stoopid question!!

3 Comments

yes is easy enough might have to download some software for wifi dongle should be in the box or on the mfr website
    Edited by: "davver99" 9th Jun 2011

Original Poster

davver99

yes is easy enough might have to download some software for wifi dongle … yes is easy enough might have to download some software for wifi dongle should be in the box or on the mfr website

Thank you - 2nd hand one so will follow dcx_badass note below first!

dcx_badass

Connect the wifi first then windows will probably download the drivers … Connect the wifi first then windows will probably download the drivers from the internet (using the wired connection). When it's done view available wireless networks and chose yours, enter the security code and click connect.

Many thanks as always. Nice and straightforward - now just off to try it !!

Original Poster

And finally got the drivers downloaded and then removed the Ethernet cable and bibs your uncle!!!

Sorted!!

Now just to install windows 7 instead of poo vista :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…45
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      3. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE22
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions