Groups

PC won't load up :S

my pc don't seem to load up, and I have also lost the back up cd, I did manager to go into safe mode and try and restore it to when it di d work but nothing has changed. a friend said to do a system recovery but it won't let me click on it? any ideas

rep will be left thanks

11 Comments

Go into safe mode and run a Malware, Spyware and anti virus scan.

If Vista - when loading up keep tapping F8. This should allow you to system restore

Safe Mode - Start> Run> type 'msconfig'> click 'Startup' and disable all. Hit 'OK' and restart.

Run some hardware tests - UBCD/ memtest86 and F Zero bootable antivirus

Good luck!

The system recovery might not be available if you are not logged in as the Administrator.
    Try going to Control Panel, then Performance and Maintenance, then User Accounts. See if you are the Administrator rather than a Guest.

Original Poster

k thanks guys I will try this later, and also when I was pressing f8 didn't come up with system restore, just come up with a list with safe mode, etc

So no access to windows at all?
    What computer and what version of windows?

Banned

Kellie + Paisley;3088781

k thanks guys I will try this later, and also when I was pressing f8 … k thanks guys I will try this later, and also when I was pressing f8 didn't come up with system restore, just come up with a list with safe mode, etc

it doesnt give you that option by pressing f8. just go into safe mode and uninstall stuff you put on recently (convertxtodvd etc.......was that from a safe source ;-)?)

Original Poster

maddogb;3088865

So no access to windows at all?What computer and what version of windows?

no access only when in safe mode... and its vista

Original Poster

csiman;3089197

it doesnt give you that option by pressing f8. just go into safe mode and … it doesnt give you that option by pressing f8. just go into safe mode and uninstall stuff you put on recently (convertxtodvd etc.......was that from a safe source ;-)?)

a member on here gave me link

Banned

load into safe mode and click on START button and then start typing system restore and then right click on it when it appears in the list of programs found above where you are typing.

select OPEN FILE LOCATION and it will open explorer and show you the system restore executable

right click on it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

When you say it 'doesn't load up', what exactly does it do? If it just seems to freeze, have you tried leaving it for quite a while (several minutes)?

Original Poster

fixed it for now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047153
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866383
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201355
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1828

See more discussions