Expired

PC World Finance

Found 23rd Jan 2015
Popped down today in hopes or getting the HP Pavilion 15 laptop for £399 on finance,not got brill credit score but because I'm earning a bit now thought I'd be okay I can more than afford £20 odd a month but we talked about it all and he scanned it and I was declined..........didn't know if I took my mum ASA guarantor would I get accepted? Xx

Or if I go Santander and applied for a 0% for so many months purchases would I get the card there and then or have to wait for it to come in post? Or would really love to get this laptop whilst on offer xx

Edit: I'm thinking of asking for a small personal loan xx
Community Updates
24 Comments
PC world finance does not have a guarantor system, if you get declined you won't be getting any credit with them. You could get your mum to take the finance and you pay her each month. But it would all have to be in her name.

Hope this helps
jdurbin96

PC world finance does not have a guarantor system, if you get declined … PC world finance does not have a guarantor system, if you get declined you won't be getting any credit with them. You could get your mum to take the finance and you pay her each month. But it would all have to be in her name. Hope this helps

She wouldnt do that, plus i dont blame her its not something she would like. I will have to wait and watch, will pop into my santander branch tomorrow to see if i can apply for a card in there to buy it on, the repayments work out about same so no loss just would have to wait for the card to come through but thats normally a week or two xx
There will always be another laptop on offer; personally I think it's best to wait until you can afford to buy something.
If you have a bad credit score you may not get a credit card, and you'll definitely have to wait for it in the post with the pin number coming separately.
teh arn

There will always be another laptop on offer; personally I think it's … There will always be another laptop on offer; personally I think it's best to wait until you can afford to buy something.

Yeah but currently i cant raise the funds xx

bigfoot100

If you have a bad credit score you may not get a credit card, and you'll … If you have a bad credit score you may not get a credit card, and you'll definitely have to wait for it in the post with the pin number coming separately.

Yeah ive got a feeling ill be rejected xx
teh arn

There will always be another laptop on offer; personally I think it's … There will always be another laptop on offer; personally I think it's best to wait until you can afford to buy something.

bigfoot100

If you have a bad credit score you may not get a credit card, and you'll … If you have a bad credit score you may not get a credit card, and you'll definitely have to wait for it in the post with the pin number coming separately.

You are guaranteed to be declined if you're applying for a Satander card. Don't even dream about touching a 0%/low interest card any time soon. You will waste yours and the employee's time.

You can probably get an Aqua card with around a £250-500 limit if you're lucky. I got £250 when I first started with them when I had minimum credit history. Now it's a 3.5k limit. High interest though. like 40%, so I pay it off monthly if I use it.

You can also probably get the Capital One entry level cards. They also have high interest, like 30%.

Use this website.

applywithconfidence.com/Cre…it/

Put in your information and it'll tell you what you're likely to be accepted for then you can just apply from there.
Check that site first. Let me know what it says.

You can also apply for a Very account and get interest free, you can make whatever payments you want monthly.

Very accounts are generally easy to get and they have the laptop you want as well for £399.

KM4353

You are guaranteed to be declined if you're applying for a Satander card. … You are guaranteed to be declined if you're applying for a Satander card. Don't even dream about touching a 0%/low interest card any time soon. You will waste yours and the employee's time. You can probably get an Aqua card with around a £250-500 limit if you're lucky. I got £250 when I first started with them when I had minimum credit history. Now it's a 3.5k limit. High interest though. like 40%, so I pay it off monthly if I use it.You can also probably get the Capital One entry level cards. They also have high interest, like 30%.Use this website.https://applywithconfidence.com/Credit/Put in your information and it'll tell you what you're likely to be accepted for then you can just apply from there.

Thank you if you dont mind helping me answer two more questions:

1. Do you think theyd allow me a personal loan?
2. Pcworld said i could pay higher than the 10% deposit so say i paid them more (i.e. what i can currently afford due to pip backpay) about 50% of the £399 or a bit more would i be more likely to get accepted?
teh arn

bigfoot100

I have a Santander account that I put a little bit of money in every month, it does have some in there but I keep getting emails and post from Santander saying I will be "guaranteed" this card, its limited to only a few £100 so you might be lucky!
groenleader

I have a Santander account that I put a little bit of money in every … I have a Santander account that I put a little bit of money in every month, it does have some in there but I keep getting emails and post from Santander saying I will be "guaranteed" this card, its limited to only a few £100 so you might be lucky!

Thank you for being so positive! Xx its just hard because i cant work properly due to disability so they worry about income.
manganesewolf

Thank you if you dont mind helping me answer two more questions:1. Do you … Thank you if you dont mind helping me answer two more questions:1. Do you think theyd allow me a personal loan?2. Pcworld said i could pay higher than the 10% deposit so say i paid them more (i.e. what i can currently afford due to pip backpay) about 50% of the £399 or a bit more would i be more likely to get accepted?

1. Santander? No way in hell would they give you a personal loan. No one will give you a personal loan with your sort of credit, unless you are a homeowner, which you obviously aren't.
You can get a loan but only from pay day lenders like Wonga. Their interest rate is around 5000%.

2. Nope. Even if you said I'll pay you 50% of it, they'll still reject it. It's not anything to do with the amount. You just don't fit their criteria for lending, whether it's for £1 or £399, you're very high risk. It's not even PC World providing the finance, so it's not up to them.

KM4353

1. Santander? No way in hell would they give you a personal loan. No one … 1. Santander? No way in hell would they give you a personal loan. No one will give you a personal loan with your sort of credit, unless you are a homeowner, which you obviously aren't. You can get a loan but only from pay day lenders like Wonga. Their interest rate is around 5000%.2. Nope. Even if you said I'll pay you 50% of it, they'll still reject it. It's not anything to do with the amount. You just don't fit their criteria for lending, whether it's for £1 or £399, you're very high risk. It's not even PC World providing the finance, so it's not up to them.

I see your point, i will probably try applying for a card from that site you sent me, they found a few i could be eligible for thank you for helping me! Xx
manganesewolf

I see your point, i will probably try applying for a card from that site … I see your point, i will probably try applying for a card from that site you sent me, they found a few i could be eligible for thank you for helping me! Xx

Apply for the ones you can get. But don't buy the laptop on it as you'll end up paying a lot of interest.

Apply for a very account and if you get accepted, just buy it from there as they have the same "offer".

Feel free to PM me anytime too, should you need any help.
KM4353

Apply for the ones you can get. But don't buy the laptop on it as you'll … Apply for the ones you can get. But don't buy the laptop on it as you'll end up paying a lot of interest. Apply for a very account and if you get accepted, just buy it from there as they have the same "offer".Feel free to PM me anytime too, should you need any help.

I cant find the same offer on very xx and thank you for the advice xx

Im going to see if mum will lend me some money xx
manganesewolf

I cant find the same offer on very xx and thank you for the advice … I cant find the same offer on very xx and thank you for the advice xxIm going to see if mum will lend me some money xx

http://www.very.co.uk/hp-pavilion-15-p130na-amd-a8-processor-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-wi-fi-bgn-bt-156-inch-laptop-with-optional-microsoft-office-personal-365-purple/1436928632.prd?_requestid=168944

This not it?
KM4353

http://www.very.co.uk/hp-pavilion-15-p130na-amd-a8-processor-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-wi-fi-bgn-bt-156-inch-laptop-with-optional-microsoft-office-personal-365-purple/1436928632.prd?_requestid=168944This not it?

Its got amd rather than intel but will keep in mind if cant afford the intel one tomorrow xx thank you
manganesewolf

Its got amd rather than intel but will keep in mind if cant afford the … Its got amd rather than intel but will keep in mind if cant afford the intel one tomorrow xx thank you

Do you have a link to the laptop you want to buy?
Transformers

Do you have a link to the laptop you want to buy?

Its this one currys.co.uk/gbu…tml but ithink i may just bide my time might try a high interest account and wait a while for the interest to huild me enough money xx
No point in applying for any credit as it wouldnt do any favours for your rating..

I would do the above and apply for a sublime card such as capital one.. or vanquis etc..

Just make sure you pay off your balance in your "up to 56 day" period you usually get and dont make any cash transactions and you'll be fine..

Unless your bank offers you a credit card guaranteed... you can ask your bank...

Guyver

No point in applying for any credit as it wouldnt do any favours for your … No point in applying for any credit as it wouldnt do any favours for your rating..I would do the above and apply for a sublime card such as capital one.. or vanquis etc..Just make sure you pay off your balance in your "up to 56 day" period you usually get and dont make any cash transactions and you'll be fine..Unless your bank offers you a credit card guaranteed... you can ask your bank...

Thank youim going to focus on building my creditnow rather than that laptop xx
manganesewolf

Thank youim going to focus on building my creditnow rather than that … Thank youim going to focus on building my creditnow rather than that laptop xx

A good decision... well done. (_;)
Inactive

A good decision... well done. (_;)

Thank you ive realised its not going to hurt for me to wait, and if i build my credit score i will have a much easier time in the future when i genuinely need money xx
manganesewolf

Its this one … Its this one http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-p199sa-15-6-laptop-blue-10075685-pdt.html but ithink i may just bide my time might try a high interest account and wait a while for the interest to huild me enough money xx

That is the smart option, so well done on not taking out a loan.

Also, if it helps, although that deal is a good one - it's nothing special. A better deal will probably come up soon, and by then you should be able to buy it outright, and won't need to pay interest either.
Transformers

That is the smart option, so well done on not taking out a loan.Also, if … That is the smart option, so well done on not taking out a loan.Also, if it helps, although that deal is a good one - it's nothing special. A better deal will probably come up soon, and by then you should be able to buy it outright, and won't need to pay interest either.

Thats what im hoping, rather then spend every last penny now and rack up debt, i can enjoy my money i have been given; build my credit record and avoid any more debt...it means i can sleep at night knowing i have more than enough to cope xx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants