PC World price promise - Do they match amazon - where can i find the PP terms?

Hi

looked all over the PCW site but can not see it

any help would be great

Cheers

john

11 Comments

No sorry they wont - see pcworld.co.uk/mar…ise for a list of where they will price match!

Original Poster

cheers for that

i have just found a camera that is £469.99 on pc world and £469.75 on john lewis

do they refund the diff then 10% of the total or just 10% of the diff

John, read the link

Its an extra 10% of the difference i.e. if they are £10 cheaper they will give you £11 off.

They used to do amazon!! I had trouble last weekend with them even price matching their site!!

Had to reserve it... Luckily I phoned a friend to do it there and then...

They claimed 'people had taken advantage' of their price promise!!

cosmicdav3;4017148

Its an extra 10% of the difference i.e. if they are £10 cheaper they will … Its an extra 10% of the difference i.e. if they are £10 cheaper they will give you £11 off.

This is news to me.... 'if you find a lower price for the same product and offer, we'll reduce our price by 110% of the difference – even up to 7 days after purchase! '

cosmicdav3;4017148

Its an extra 10% of the difference i.e. if they are £10 cheaper they will … Its an extra 10% of the difference i.e. if they are £10 cheaper they will give you £11 off.

WRONG! It's 10% of the difference - If it is £10 cheaper then its 10% of £10 = £1.00

If it was 110% they would have been out of business a long time ago!

I've done it often enough to know.

They recently dropped a lot of matches against folk like Amazon - they must have been losing too much money - So price match is really a joke now!

Jim N;4017286

WRONG! It's 10% of the difference - If it is £10 cheaper then its 10% of … WRONG! It's 10% of the difference - If it is £10 cheaper then its 10% of £10 = £1.00I've done it often enough to know.They recently dropped a lot of matches against folk like Amazon - they must have been losing too much money - So price match is really a joke now!

Its pretty certain that anything PC World sell's can be found from many other retailers cheaper...

Like Amazon, Dixons and the like...

Sorry perhaps I worded myself wrong earlier, when I said they gave you £11 off if it is £10 cheaper elsewhere i meant the £11 is the total amount you would get back, i.e. 100% of difference = £10 and then an extra 10% of the £10 difference (£1) so the total would be £11, I think the way I worded it was a bit confusing for some!

Banned

john77;4017114

cheers for thati have just found a camera that is £469.99 on pc world and … cheers for thati have just found a camera that is £469.99 on pc world and £469.75 on john lewisdo they refund the diff then 10% of the total or just 10% of the diff

24p saving?:thinking:

extra 2.4p off with the price promise

cosmicdav3;4019205

Sorry perhaps I worded myself wrong earlier, when I said they gave you … Sorry perhaps I worded myself wrong earlier, when I said they gave you £11 off if it is £10 cheaper elsewhere i meant the £11 is the total amount you would get back, i.e. 100% of difference = £10 and then an extra 10% of the £10 difference (£1) so the total would be £11, I think the way I worded it was a bit confusing for some!

That explanation is even more confusing?:thinking:

I must be thick
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ditched Sky66
    2. Chromecast11
    3. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost518
    4. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?22

See more discussions