Found 1st Oct 2008
Does anyone know what PC World are like with returning an item?

I bought an xBox 360 on boxing day and about half the time it doesn't turn on. Have to leave it a couple of hours and then try again.

Am I right in thinking I can choose to receive a refund from PC World and not have to send it back to Microsoft as I've heard it takes about 6 weeks...

TIA

7 Comments

i took something back on sunday-no questions asked.

Dont know what the specifics are but the website quotes ...

To qualify for a refund or exchange the product must be:In otherwise in … To qualify for a refund or exchange the product must be:In otherwise in 'as-new' condition;Complete with any accessories and free gifts offered with it (and, if possible, the original box andpackaging). Please return the product to a PC World store or phone PC World aftersales on 0844 561 0000(9am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm on Saturday & 10am to 5pm on Sunday). If a faultoccurs while you are abroad, please contact us after you return to the UK.

In any event you should call the number to get the specific view on the return.

The 360 has a 1yr warranty on anything thats not Red Ring related and 3 years for the Red Ring Fault. Although it can take several weeks for it to be returned to you, my friend had to return his twice and he got his returned both times within 2 weeks and the return postage is free when you go through the offical returns process. Cheers.

This week I returned a graphics card to PC World because although my computer appeared to meet the specs on the box when I tried to install the card it refused to work. When I went back to PC World before I could even explain the problem I was told that once the box had been opened and the part had been installed in the computer they would not accept it back. I told them that I was unsure that the card was working properly and may even be faulty and I was left with a card that I paid for that I could not use. He did not appear to be interested in finding out whether the card was faulty or not or even what my reason for returning it was. After thinking about it for a moment I was given the cost of the graphics card back as credit on a gift card.

PCWorld aftersales are a nightmare, they have the right to send the console away for repair, or give a replacement if your very lucky, they will not refund it, not after 6 months. Thats basically saying, ''I have used this product for 6 months, its faulty, I dont want another one or a repair, I want a refund (then I will go to gamestation across the road and purchase one at the now much cheaper price!)'' It just wont happen, this is pcworld we are talking about.

I work for The Techguys and deal with returns, generally faulty Xbox's are swapped there and then, depending on the fault. PM me the receipt number (six digits near top) and store number (4digits) and I'll look up your receipt details.

Bryan839;3094387

PCWorld aftersales are a nightmare, they have the right to send the … PCWorld aftersales are a nightmare, they have the right to send the console away for repair, or give a replacement if your very lucky, they will not refund it, not after 6 months. Thats basically saying, ''I have used this product for 6 months, its faulty, I dont want another one or a repair, I want a refund (then I will go to gamestation across the road and purchase one at the now much cheaper price!)'' It just wont happen, this is pcworld we are talking about.

That is the same with any retailer though, you say PC World aftersales is a nightmare but I know my colleagues and myself do our best, but outside of 28 days it is generally down to the manufacturers warranty, the fact that we still swap a lot of Xbox's is goign above and beyond expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I know there is probably some bad apples in the bunch, but you can't tar us all with the same brush and as a whole we can't be that bad, or we wouldn't still be here? :thumbsup:

PCWorld aftersales are a nightmare, they have the right to send the … PCWorld aftersales are a nightmare, they have the right to send the console away for repair, or give a replacement if your very lucky, they will not refund it, not after 6 months. Thats basically saying, ''I have used this product for 6 months, its faulty, I dont want another one or a repair, I want a refund (then I will go to gamestation across the road and purchase one at the now much cheaper price!)'' It just wont happen, this is pcworld we are talking about.

Do you know any other retailer gives you just refund after using it for a 6 months. it is not fair to say it is only pcworld has this policy... after all no one do a business just to get loses.....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games56
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3369
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522882
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***822

See more discussions