PC world/Currys Click & collect question

Found 24th Nov 2012
Hi folks,

Quick question, last night I reserved the new iPad to collect from my local PC world/CURRYS for collection and I'm planning on picking it up today. But when I reserved it it was £359 and now it's gone up to £399.

When I take my reservation number there today will I still pay £359 for it or the full £399?

Cheers
Community Updates
14 Comments
this happened to me at adifferent store, they had to honor the price at the time i made the reservation, they did look into what time the increase happened, so if they try to charge the extra explaine what happened, good luck.
pcworld.co.uk/gbu…tml

try and find it for £359 (or less) elsewhere and use the above to price match plus 10% difference
if it had gone down since yesterday, would you still expect to pay the price at the time of reservation?

they are under no obligation to honour the price at reservation.

Edited by: "csiman" 24th Nov 2012
csiman

if it had gone down since yesterday, would you still expect to pay the … if it had gone down since yesterday, would you still expect to pay the price at the time of reservation?they are under no obligation to honour the price at reservation.

What do you mean? I reserved it for £359 yesterday, today the price went back up to £399, I have the email confirming my reservation for £359.

If they don't honour it, I just won't buy it from them simple as, I'll buy it from the Apple store if they don't honour the reservation price.
roum89

What do you mean? I reserved it for £359 yesterday, today the price went … What do you mean? I reserved it for £359 yesterday, today the price went back up to £399, I have the email confirming my reservation for £359.If they don't honour it, I just won't buy it from them simple as, I'll buy it from the Apple store if they don't honour the reservation price.

No you have an email confirming your reservation - they do not need to honour the price as that offer finished at midnight so you cant expect to get it the next day and I very much doubt you will get it
Well I'll pop down there today and see what they say. As I said though, if they don't honour it, I won't be buying it from them. Not because I'm angry they won't honour it, but because for the same price I'll get quality customer service from buying it from the Apple store down the road.
Gonna be full price I think. How was it so cheap in the first place?
They honour the price on your conformation , its not like Argos where you pay the price on the day of collection
aircanman

Gonna be full price I think. How was it so cheap in the first place?

It was a 1/2 day sale on iPads.
Another thing is though, when I ordered it the iPads had a "Ends Monday" tag on it in red, yet the sale ended today instead?
roum89

It was a 1/2 day sale on iPads.

If it was a specific sale on iPads they most likely wont keep the price for you, however they will have a store bulletin which probably advises managers to honour it. Just speak to a manager if you have a problem.
Just got back from Currys, and they honoured it. Infact the sales assistant put my reservation number into the computer, the £359 price came up and I paid, no hassle or no questions.
roum89

Just got back from Currys, and they honoured it. Infact the sales … Just got back from Currys, and they honoured it. Infact the sales assistant put my reservation number into the computer, the £359 price came up and I paid, no hassle or no questions.

Just like i said then
deanos

Just like i said then

Yep exactly! Nice easy experience it was.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants