PC world/currys Instant Replacement 3 years query

Found 6th Jan 2013
Could anyone tell me if it is possible for me to buy the Instant Replacement 3 year from currys/pc world if i was to buy a blackberry playbook from this site in the for sale/trade section? if so how

Thanks
Community Updates
31 Comments
Banned
no you can't
You want to buy the item from here, then go to PC World for the warranty?

Legitimately, no I don't think so. They would have to have the original receipt, and it has to be under a certain value new, if you don't have the receipt they would have to attach it to a sale and not many staff members will know how to do that.
Original Poster
what if the seller gives the receipt? also the seller said he bought it only a short while ago, about few days ago
Edited by: "money786" 6th Jan 2013
money786

what if the seller gives the receipt?

How old is it, and is instant replacement offered on them from new? Or is it a monthly package?
Banned
i think you have to buy it there and then when purchasing the item, would be very, very surprised if you can purchase it at a later date, how old is item?
If the seller only bought it a few days ago, then there is a chance someone in PC World will sell you the warranty, but there is also a chance they will not, be careful when going in there, just say you were given it as a gift and you want to buy the warranty just incase. It is possible to do on the system, but some managers will be reluctant if they suspect anything dodgy.
Original Poster
i am interested in this one hotukdeals.com/for…370
the warranty is a one off payment thing and think it will cost around £20-30 for the 3 years
sassie

i think you have to buy it there and then when purchasing the item, would … i think you have to buy it there and then when purchasing the item, would be very, very surprised if you can purchase it at a later date, how old is item?

You do have to buy it when purchasing, the only way to do it is by 'refunding' the item and reselling it, when you do this the option will come up on the screen for the warranty, stores are targeted on selling these so they do want to sell them, but it also means the receipt will say it was resold on the day the warranty is taken out, some managers wont do it, some will.
Banned
only way to find out is phone them or go instore and ask
Look at the squaretrade warranties on Amazon, it looks like they can be purchased after the original purchase amazon.co.uk/s/r…ade
If you read carefully, the playbook was bought online, so no you won't be able to do it, again there is a way around it but its very iffy, so no, you can't get the extended warranty, unless the seller is prepared to give you all their information and you to ring up and add it.
Banned
he only knocking you £10 off and chucking in a free £10 case, just buy new then you covered for 3 years
Original Poster
Ill just phone them tomorrow morning then to get confirmation, thanks all for the answers
sickly sweet

Look at the squaretrade warranties on Amazon, it looks like they can be … Look at the squaretrade warranties on Amazon, it looks like they can be purchased after the original purchase http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=squaretrade

You'll always get a warranty for something, the only thing is the PC World instant replacement one is pretty good, I know people who used to buy printers for £200, then 2 years down the line, knacker them up and get brand new printers for £200, which were obviously 10 times better than the ones they had, and it is literally no questions asked, if it dont work, you get a new one, and the warranty continues on the new one.
Original Poster
but the 16gb is out of stock in my local stores and home delivery is unavailable
Banned
sickly sweet

Look at the squaretrade warranties on Amazon, it looks like they can be … Look at the squaretrade warranties on Amazon, it looks like they can be purchased after the original purchase http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=squaretrade

has to be within 31days of purchase unless its changed
Edited by: "sassie" 6th Jan 2013
Banned
money786

but the 16gb is out of stock in my local stores and home delivery is … but the 16gb is out of stock in my local stores and home delivery is unavailable

lol i just new it would be
money786

but the 16gb is out of stock in my local stores and home delivery is … but the 16gb is out of stock in my local stores and home delivery is unavailable

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nbfljNMC1rzz3r3o1_400.gif
Edited by: "aircanman" 6th Jan 2013
Original Poster
it was instock a couple of days ago, knew i should have bought it then
aircanman

Is that a gif of someone's kid getting an iPad 2 for Christmas and not an iPad 3
Banned
money786

it was instock a couple of days ago, knew i should have bought it then

can you ask them to locate a branch with stock, or order it in, or even get it online
fattyuk

Is that a gif of someone's kid getting an iPad 2 for Christmas and not an … Is that a gif of someone's kid getting an iPad 2 for Christmas and not an iPad 3

Oh here we go, yer course it is, whatever floats your boat.
sassie

can you ask them to locate a branch with stock, or order it in, or even … can you ask them to locate a branch with stock, or order it in, or even get it online

There is always a chance that your local store will have one, even if it doesn't come up on the website, the collect at store shows out of stock when items go under a certain level of stock.
Original Poster
sassie

can you ask them to locate a branch with stock, or order it in, or even … can you ask them to locate a branch with stock, or order it in, or even get it online

Will try today seeing as its just gone past midnight
money786

Will try today seeing as its just gone past midnight

No, YOU MUST TRY NOW!
Original Poster
thanks again everyone for your answers, hope its available instore
Original Poster
aircanman

No, YOU MUST TRY NOW!

Calm down

Lines are open*:
8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm
sassie

has to be within 31days of purchase unless its changed

I didn't read it all but it baffles me why you can buy things listed as faulty on eBay and add the squaretrade warranty to the purchase oO

aircanman

You'll always get a warranty for something, the only thing is the PC … You'll always get a warranty for something, the only thing is the PC World instant replacement one is pretty good, I know people who used to buy printers for £200, then 2 years down the line, knacker them up and get brand new printers for £200, which were obviously 10 times better than the ones they had, and it is literally no questions asked, if it dont work, you get a new one, and the warranty continues on the new one.

That's a pretty scummy thing to do imo and puts the prices up for everyone else.
I don't bother with extended warranties (except applecare for my laptop as I have real problems with laptops dying on me!) but will buy electricals from John Lewis (price matched) for the free warranty.
Banned
sassie

he only knocking you £10 off and chucking in a free £10 case, just buy n … he only knocking you £10 off and chucking in a free £10 case, just buy new then you covered for 3 years

+1

buy new

case is £5 on amazon
sickly sweet

I didn't read it all but it baffles me why you can buy things listed as … I didn't read it all but it baffles me why you can buy things listed as faulty on eBay and add the squaretrade warranty to the purchase oOThat's a pretty scummy thing to do imo and puts the prices up for everyone else.I don't bother with extended warranties (except applecare for my laptop as I have real problems with laptops dying on me!) but will buy electricals from John Lewis (price matched) for the free warranty.

It is a scummy thing to do, not sure it has much of an influence on putting the prices up for everyone else though, only as much as asking JL to price match!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants