Groups
    EXPIRED

PCMCIA Wireless Card

The internal wireless adaptor in my laptop has given up on my and i need to find a way of connecting the laptop without having to carry around any extra bits for it as i'm always accessing the interent wirelessly from different locations. So, instead of a USB Wireless adaptor i'm thinking about a pcmcia card, but i have no idea if this will work.

The specs of the laptop state:
    PC Card/Express Card Slots:Support for one Type I or Type II PC Card, with support for both 32-bit (CardBus) and 16-bit PC Cards,

Any recommendations on what i should be looking for? Price, Manufacturer, etc?

6 Comments

]http//ww…pcg

there is a netgear one for a little more if you wanted a branded card.

this should do you. if you bought a USB adapter instead you could use it on any pc not just a laptop.

I bought one off ebay around 2-3 years ago, it was just a generic wireless PCMCIA card.

The cheapest I could see on there was item number: 350051303883

I've never had any problems with mine at all, and I too would recommend PCMCIA over usb, simply as they are a hell of a lot sturdier and don't stick out as much.

Original Poster

Great, thanks for the extremely quickly reply. I'll look into it.

Original Poster

Question - do some cards stick out and others sit flush within the slot?

no, you'l never get one that sits flush, they'll all stick out a little, but no where near as much as a usb dongle
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2636
      2. Family Spotify account21
      3. Legal advice22
      4. Washer Dryer44

See more discussions