Groups

PCSO INTERVIEW AUGUST 21ST

The lazy boy here passed the met pcso application process and got his interview date about a month ago anyways its this thursday up in london - applied in may 09 passed july 08 and been waiting impatiently for a month

Will keep you updated - i will cry if i dont pass :-( as i will have to work in a shop again

Wish me luck as im gunna need it

Any hints from any pcso would be advantageous

Daniel

15 Comments

I've just PM'd you

good luck bud dont envy you if the PCSO's are treated round your way like they are mine wouldn be doing that for anyone!

but congrats!

Original Poster

hawkio;2768994

good luck bud dont envy you if the PCSO's are treated round your way like … good luck bud dont envy you if the PCSO's are treated round your way like they are mine wouldn be doing that for anyone!but congrats!

im not gunna work around where i live maybe a bit away sutton or merton

most of the public like you the only ones who dont are the people who are up to no good and dont want you to see what they are doing. good luck with the interview just make sure your verbal communication is top notch.

PCSO? Is that the wannabe cops? Next step up from hobby bobby's (specials)? Good luck as the respect they seem to get by the toerags round here is just below nothing!!!

They might ask you what made you want to be a PCSO and not a PO, also try and find out some info. about your chosen force, dress smart, speak clearly. Might be a few diversity questions in there.

Sorry dont know too much about PCSO just PO

Best of Luck

Original Poster

nadss;2769048

They might ask you what made you want to be a PCSO and not a PO, also try … They might ask you what made you want to be a PCSO and not a PO, also try and find out some info. about your chosen force, dress smart, speak clearly. Might be a few diversity questions in there.Sorry dont know too much about PCSO just POBest of Luck

yeh im just going to wear white shirt and tie - dad wants me to wear a suit but i think tis a bit extreme for some my age to wear

you really should listen to your dad and wear a suit.

I agree with the suit!! A definate!!

Shirt and Tie will be fine. They will prob ask you questions on what you have experienced in real life ie how you have helped someone or a situation. They want to see that your a team player and level headed. Im quite sure they will ask you a question on diversity, "explain the meaning of diversity" perhaps you could explain this and it would be good if you could give an example how you stopped some kind of bullying.

Have a think of any difficult situations you have encountered in your life, maybe at work? so you have some answers ready, they will prob ask you this and what you did to rectify them.

id say you should wear a suit as well, interviewing people regularly i have always thought people who make that extra effort , are probably more than likely to put in the work other than a "shirt and tie will do attitude"

good luck tho matey! :]

Hi my boyfriend is a pcso so i'll ask him for some tips for you when he finishes work
    Can't remember if he had an interview like but i'll see what he says.

harlzter;2769040

PCSO? Is that the wannabe cops? Next step up from hobby bobby's … PCSO? Is that the wannabe cops? Next step up from hobby bobby's (specials)? Good luck as the respect they seem to get by the toerags round here is just below nothing!!!

^ ^ ^ ^ Just read that again and didnt mean it to come across like that, what career prospects does a pcso have? Is there ranks you can rise up to and through like regular bizzies, as all the ones I tend to see are of the older generation rather than young officers who are in for a career.

I passed my PCSO application stage, but failed the interview. I did cry! :cry:
    I failed caus' I said the wrong things....so word of advice...think before you speak! lol

Best of luck with it! My brother was a PCSO for about 3 years, now he's just passed all the tests to be a PO! He loves it! It makes me jealous, lol.
    I have not given up tho....my dream is to be in the Police, ideally, a traffic cop...who knows...maybe one day we would cross paths!

Let us know how you get on....

birdyboyuk;2772466

I passed my PCSO application stage, but failed the interview. I did cry! … I passed my PCSO application stage, but failed the interview. I did cry! :cry:I failed caus' I said the wrong things....so word of advice...think before you speak! lolBest of luck with it! My brother was a PCSO for about 3 years, now he's just passed all the tests to be a PO! He loves it! It makes me jealous, lol.I have not given up tho....my dream is to be in the Police, ideally, a traffic cop...who knows...maybe one day we would cross paths!Let us know how you get on....

On the other hand you may cross paths with others of us from here who have no chance of joining the **** :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky66
      2. Chromecast11
      3. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost518
      4. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?22

See more discussions