PCWorld / Currys - 10% Discount off Orders over £1000 (Edenred)

I have just saved £170 on 3 appliances and the 5 years extended warranty :
Fridge/freezer, Range Cooker and Washing machine.

Total came to £1295 and paid £1125 saving £170.
Before paying I told advisor I could buy vouchers through a scheme at work (Edenred give you 7% discount) so can you offer a larger discount.

If smaller discount given I would have walked out and bought vouchers, printed and then returned into store saving £90!
After haggling and a 'word with the manager' she reduced it even further!.

She admitted manager can offer more than 10% discount when total including extended warranties comes to more than £1000.

I never thought of haggling at Currys but it works!

Just ask if not clear.

5 Comments

Extended warranties.

Easier just to use the O2 priority app for £100 off a £1000 spend than end up looking like a whining baby throwing a tantrum about getting a discount.

mod

Moved this to Misc as this isn't guaranteed

Original Poster

Dryosh

Easier just to use the O2 priority app for £100 off a £1000 spend than e … Easier just to use the O2 priority app for £100 off a £1000 spend than end up looking like a whining baby throwing a tantrum about getting a discount.

started good then ends off like the childhood you just had.
Sorry I didn't know about the O2 discount but honestly why the need to make such a comment.

single_lonely

started good then ends off like the childhood you just had.Sorry I didn't … started good then ends off like the childhood you just had.Sorry I didn't know about the O2 discount but honestly why the need to make such a comment.

Because of your comment about "just walking out"
The sales assistant went to all the trouble of helping you out with your items then threw in a thinly veiled threat to walk out if you didn't get a discount, if that's not someone on the verge of a tantrum then I don't know what is.
The sales people work really hard for little money and have to put up with people like you, I would have told you to go get your vouchers and see you in a few days.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??99
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1016
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764037

See more discussions