Acer Chromebook cb515 1ht
And
Acer chromebook R13 cb5-312 t

I'm no good at this tech stuff but which ones seem the best one etc
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Are you sure you want to get a chromebook? It doesnt run windows.
None because they have old Soc/processor; both MediaTek MT8127 and Pentium N4200 are from 2016 ).
Of course, if the price is low (lesssss than £100) then they might be a good deal.
TobyZ08/04/2020 13:41

None because they have old Soc/processor; both MediaTek MT8127 and …None because they have old Soc/processor; both MediaTek MT8127 and Pentium N4200 are from 2016 ).Of course, if the price is low (lesssss than £100) then they might be a good deal.

No idea what that means
mystogan1208/04/2020 13:41

My son uses Google class room
mystogan1208/04/2020 13:41

The Pentium will have instructions to run Windows if you install it, but you're not going to have enough space for it and for your data (32GB only).
Carly_Yoxen08/04/2020 13:43

No idea what that means

It means that if the seller asks a lot of money, let it go. Personally, I don't think they worth more than £100 new (and even this it is too much). In general, the technology is not like wine, older it gets, better value has.
Personally if i REALLY had to choose between these two machines. I would go for the pentium one.
mystogan1208/04/2020 13:49

Personally if i REALLY had to choose between these two machines. I would …Personally if i REALLY had to choose between these two machines. I would go for the pentium one.

I went for the other one 220 new 😩 Hope I've made the right choice
mystogan1208/04/2020 13:49

Personally if i REALLY had to choose between these two machines. I would …Personally if i REALLY had to choose between these two machines. I would go for the pentium one.

Agree; at least on long term you could still install a light Linux version and still use it for basic tasks.
Carly_Yoxen08/04/2020 13:53

Don't regret now; both of them have advantages and disadvantages.

Don’t worry, they will both get the job done
mystogan1208/04/2020 13:55

Don’t worry, they will both get the job done

Yes of course, it's basically to be used for school work, what could possibly go wrong ah

You made the right choice.
They can run Android apps on them and the Mediatek one handles the Android apps much better than the Pentium ones (I have a Pentium one).
Neither - too limited for school work as it progresses and your son develops. Examples where a pc/mac would blow this out the water includes modelling, musical composition, advanced image manipulation, programming. Three of those my 9 year old daughter already does and hence why you are getting people telling you already to have to hack them to get something more suitable on them.

As per last time you asked you got a brilliant answer from Cisco.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions