Peloton Spin Class (On a budget)

Posted 19th Jan
I keep seeing the adverts for Peloton and love the idea of being part of a spin class whilst being able to do her class at home. The idea is great but the cost is huge!

Peloton bikes start from £1990 which puts the price right up there with the commercial-grade units designed to run 16 hours a day, seven days a week.

For those who can afford it, it looks good, but it’s out of my budget, which is why I started investigating lower-cost alternatives.

So here’s a Peloton package on a budget

Bike: Ideally with magnetic resistance and a heavy flywheel..... unfortunately these are expensive so here’s one with a very respectable 18kg flywheel for £124.45

rover.ebay.com/rov…069

Bluetooth/Ant+ Cadence monitor for £11.50

rover.ebay.com/rov…471

13.3” Android Tablet to run the Peloton app on - £91.50

rover.ebay.com/rov…651

Bluetooth chest strap hear monitor -£9.89

rover.ebay.com/rov…141

Tablet mounting clamp - £5.92

rover.ebay.com/rov…107

XL gorilla tripod to position the tablet exactly where you want it - £8.88

rover.ebay.com/rov…904

And last but not least, the actual Peloton App from the Play store, I believe it’s currently on a 30-day free trial, so to get started it’s free.

play.google.com/sto…_GB

Total cost for a Peloton (On a budget) bundle:

£252.14

Almost one-tenth of the price of the real Peloton bundle, and better still you can use your android tablet for other things such as watching Netflix
Community Updates

Groups

9 Comments
I cycle everywhere and have never seen the point of all of this spinning malarkey. Just buy a half decent bike and go out and get some fresh air.
themachman19/01/2020 21:41

I cycle everywhere and have never seen the point of all of this spinning …I cycle everywhere and have never seen the point of all of this spinning malarkey. Just buy a half decent bike and go out and get some fresh air.

If you live out in the countryside where the roads are quiet and the weather is nice I would agree, but if you live in the city and are not a confident cyclist (and it’s ****** down with rain!) then I like the idea of a spin class
Edited by moderator: "removed blacklisted word" 19th Jan
Cyberry19/01/2020 21:44

If you live out in the countryside where the roads are quiet and the …If you live out in the countryside where the roads are quiet and the weather is nice I would agree, but if you live in the city and are not a confident cyclist (and it’s p1$$1ng down with rain!) then I like the idea of a spin class

Oh @Cyberry get yourself some training and you'll love it
39716160-pTtb5.jpg
themachman19/01/2020 21:41

I cycle everywhere and have never seen the point of all of this spinning …I cycle everywhere and have never seen the point of all of this spinning malarkey. Just buy a half decent bike and go out and get some fresh air.

don't forget the free sexism in the price

theguardian.com/wor…int
Lying on your back on the floor and waving your legs around, pretending you're dying fly is free
Edited by: "Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell" 19th Jan
I just went and watched the “controversial” ad..... The world has gone PC mad! I genuinely don’t see what’s so bad about it?

A guy buys his partner a peloton and at first she doesn’t seem all that thrilled (but pretends to be delighted in front of him) and then as she gets used to it, she grows to appreciate and actually enjoy it. What’s sexist about that?

It’s just someone avoiding hurting someone’s feelings by pretending they like their gift..... I do the same thing every Christmas!
then don't buy pointless gifts mate

I don't
Cyberry19/01/2020 21:44

If you live out in the countryside where the roads are quiet and the …If you live out in the countryside where the roads are quiet and the weather is nice I would agree, but if you live in the city and are not a confident cyclist (and it’s ****** down with rain!) then I like the idea of a spin class

I live in a semi rural area, and I used to road cycle (and mountain bike sometimes). I am now too scared to go on the road on my own because of the intolerance of car drivers (not all of them of course but a few), and I am a driver myself. But some of them are just simply dangerous. Better if you can go out in a group, but when you are on your own, it's like taking a gamble. I have been overtaken in bend, passed really close to me (a few inches), shouted out, swear at etc etc. It's just not worth it.

As for spin class, i bought a second hand spin bike (a crap one at that because i did not want to spend too much) and downloaded an app called Indoor Cycling, it's free and there are different level. It's not like Peloton where you are virtually with others people, but it's quite good
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants