Penalty Charge Notice

Posted 5th Dec 2019
I've received a parking charge notice through the post. My wife had borrowed my car and purchased a ticket, however she accidentally put her registration number on the ticket hence why I've received the penalty. Is it worth appealing? I have the ticket and they should be able to tell that her car was not parked there. Do I just pay the charge?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
ashmac06/12/2019 06:55

Appealing is for girls !Be a real man and ignore them and the pathetic …Appealing is for girls !Be a real man and ignore them and the pathetic invoice , 3 issued 3 ignored Asda , McDonald’s , shopping centreAll had the same letters and all went away Job done ✅Wouldn’t let it bother you or waste any time writing letters as once you make contact your doomed .Ignore ignore and they move into the next mug

Dreadful outdated advice.
deeky05/12/2019 19:11

Depending how much it is (£30 if you pay within 14 days?) I'd be inclined …Depending how much it is (£30 if you pay within 14 days?) I'd be inclined to just pay it and save any stress. These people aren't well known for being sympathetic.

Deeky, I am going to give you a comment ticket as you have been here far too long.
As you are easy, please pay £30.00 to hotmik@hotmail.ta
If you are still here at xmas please note that the penalty goes up to £69.69 and a bottle of old spice, thank you.
jayhutton1005/12/2019 19:09

Thanks for the advice guys, I was thinking appeal anyway.

Depending how much it is (£30 if you pay within 14 days?) I'd be inclined to just pay it and save any stress. These people aren't well known for being sympathetic.
hotmik05/12/2019 20:02

Monopoly is more stressful than a parking ticket

Not if you land on Free Parking
71 Comments
Look at money saving expert forum for PCN, they got an expert for this kind of PCN
Edited by: "be2st" 5th Dec 2019
Always appeal.
Make your wife pay or she doesn't get to use your car again

But in all seriousness, I'd give them a ring and explain what's happened. Just say she has blonde moments
Toon_army05/12/2019 19:08

Make your wife pay or she doesn't get to use your car again But in all …Make your wife pay or she doesn't get to use your car again But in all seriousness, I'd give them a ring and explain what's happened. Just say she has blonde moments

Thanks, I tried ringing but you have to contact them in writing. Shady as...
@jayhutton10 what company??
jayhutton1005/12/2019 19:08

Thanks, I tried ringing but you have to contact them in writing. Shady …Thanks, I tried ringing but you have to contact them in writing. Shady as...

You're joking! What kind of company doesnt take phone calls!
Where was the car parked, local car park, supermarket or council?
Sc4mp005/12/2019 19:10

@jayhutton10 what company??

Civil enforcement limited
jayhutton1005/12/2019 19:09

Depending how much it is (£30 if you pay within 14 days?) I'd be inclined to just pay it and save any stress. These people aren't well known for being sympathetic.
Toon_army05/12/2019 19:10

You're joking! What kind of company doesnt take phone calls!Where was the …You're joking! What kind of company doesnt take phone calls!Where was the car parked, local car park, supermarket or council?

Private car park, recently gone pay and display.

Depending how much it is (£30 if you pay within 14 days?) I'd be inclined …Depending how much it is (£30 if you pay within 14 days?) I'd be inclined to just pay it and save any stress. These people aren't well known for being sympathetic.

£60 within 14, and I've just been informed there are 2 breaches.....
Yeah, make sure that it is a proper PCN - I think I read somewhere that even putting n an appeal makes you liable for the fine...

If its a private company, can't you just ignore them? Their "fines" are more like a request or something?
jayhutton1005/12/2019 19:12

It should only be £30 within 14 or 28 days!
I was stupid a few months ago and parked in an electric bay, honestly didn't see the sign, it was tiny
solid05/12/2019 19:13

Yeah, make sure that it is a proper PCN - I think I read somewhere that …Yeah, make sure that it is a proper PCN - I think I read somewhere that even putting n an appeal makes you liable for the fine...If its a private company, can't you just ignore them? Their "fines" are more like a request or something?

Who knows. I might just appeal but pay anyway
39269278-J54Fz.jpg

But odd their offices are a Liverpool address but a Notts phone number
jayhutton1005/12/2019 19:12

Well you never know. I've just read a thread where the OP successfully got the PCN written off after writing 12 (twelve :D) letters. It might be worth 1 letter if it isn't going to affect your early settlement discount but after that I really couldn't be bothered with them.
Sc4mp005/12/2019 19:16

[Image] But odd their offices are a Liverpool address but a Notts phone …[Image] But odd their offices are a Liverpool address but a Notts phone number

I'll ring them on that
Also found this

Do Civil Enforcement take people to court

Civil Enforcement are a very litigious company, issuing hundreds if not thousands of claims per year. They are known to issue claims for historical parking tickets (up to six years in the past) when many people were generally ignoring them. CEL have found this to be an extremely profitable operation since many people pay up when faced with stamped court papers (e.g. an N1 claim form). However, those that have fought their tickets have been able to defend themselves; CEL most often do not actually turn up if the case reaches court. More information on legal enforcement of parking tickets can be found here.

If you have received a court claim from CEL our recommendation is to:

Do not ignore it! If you don’t defend the claim, then it will default against you. If you don’t then pay it then you will have a County Court Judgement on your credit file
Understand the legal aspects of private parking tickets
Start a thread on Pepipoo forum
deeky05/12/2019 19:16

Well you never know. I've just read a thread where the OP successfully got …Well you never know. I've just read a thread where the OP successfully got the PCN written off after writing 12 (twelve :D) letters. It might be worth 1 letter if it isn't going to affect your early settlement discount but after that I really couldn't be bothered with them.

When I got a penalty charge they rang me the day before our court date and offered me the initial half price discount, I declined it as they'd messed up and I had all I needed in front of me to get it chucked out so I think you can really take it to the last day.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 5th Dec 2019
Sc4mp005/12/2019 19:19

When I got a penalty charge they rang me the day before our court date and …When I got a penalty charge they rang me the day before our court date and offered me the initial half price discount, I declined it as they'd messed up and I had all I needed in front of me to get it chucked out so I think you can really take it to the last day.

Yeah, but after how many letters, phone calls? I'm not suggesting that you couldn't ultimately be successful. it's just so stressful.

@jayhutton10 I'd do the same as what @deeky is suggesting. Just pay, and save yourself the stress of being chased etc. However I'd then also appeal in writing - stating you have paid in the meantime, but write you are not admitting liability or intent to defraud by not paying, it was just human error.

If they refuse your appeal, you can take it to appeal (maybe try and get a refund from credit card company at this point). You would, I'd hope, stand in better standing with any judge/adjudicator saying you did try to follow the process, and paid the fine as a means of halting any additional fees being charged whilst you appeal. By that time hopefully you would have access to photo evidence (which in your letter you can ask the car park company to keep - i.e. not deliberately loose).

That's what is do, but it's all theory I'm afraid.

Make sure you chastise and remind the wife of her foolishness at every opportunity in the meantime
Edited by: "sarb_singh1980" 5th Dec 2019
deeky05/12/2019 19:22

Yeah, but after how many letters, phone calls? I'm not suggesting that you …Yeah, but after how many letters, phone calls? I'm not suggesting that you couldn't ultimately be successful. it's just so stressful.

Tbh, I only got about 4/5 letters before the County Court letter which I then responded to, didn't get any phone calls except for that one but I can see what you mean,having a potential ccj and big fine dangling above your head is definitely not nice.
sarb_singh198005/12/2019 19:22

@jayhutton10 I'd do the same as what @deeky is suggesting. Just pay, and …@jayhutton10 I'd do the same as what @deeky is suggesting. Just pay, and save yourself the stress of being chased etc. However I'd then also appeal in writing - stating you have paid in the meantime, but write you are not admitting liability or intent to defraud by not paying, it was just human error. If they refuse your appeal, you can take it to appeal (maybe try and get a refund from credit card company at this point). You would, I'd hope, stand in better standing with any judge/adjudicator saying you did try to follow the process, and paid the fine as a means of halting any additional fees being charged whilst you appeal. By that time hopefully you would have access to photo evidence (which in your letter you can ask the car park company to keep - i.e. not deliberately loose). That's what is do, but it's all theory I'm afraid. Make sure you chastise and remind the wife of her foolishness at every opportunity in the meantime

To be honest I think I'll just do that.

Thank you all for the advice
Toon_army05/12/2019 19:08

Make your wife pay or she doesn't get to use your car again But in all …Make your wife pay or she doesn't get to use your car again But in all seriousness, I'd give them a ring and explain what's happened. Just say she has blonde moments

At least I know what she is getting for christmas this year, 2 PCN
What did they sent you with the letter? A photos of the car and the wrong ticket?
Buckyball05/12/2019 19:45

What did they sent you with the letter? A photos of the car and the wrong …What did they sent you with the letter? A photos of the car and the wrong ticket?

It's all done from ANPR no enforcement officers. Car was there at that time so I'm not disputing that fact, just hers wasn't.
I wouldn't invite them round for a game of monopoly you will definitely lose.
grillnun05/12/2019 19:56

I wouldn't invite them round for a game of monopoly you will definitely …I wouldn't invite them round for a game of monopoly you will definitely lose.

I bet I'd beat them at Viticulture though
grillnun05/12/2019 19:56

I wouldn't invite them round for a game of monopoly you will definitely …I wouldn't invite them round for a game of monopoly you will definitely lose.

Deeky, I am going to give you a comment ticket as you have been here far too long.
As you are easy, please pay £30.00 to hotmik@hotmail.ta
If you are still here at xmas please note that the penalty goes up to £69.69 and a bottle of old spice, thank you.
hotmik05/12/2019 20:02

Not if you land on Free Parking
hotmik05/12/2019 20:11

If you are still here at xmas...

You can read my HUKD messages?
Had 2 of these, £120 down the drain...I've now got eyes in the back of my head...well one eye obviously

Sorry to read this jay, they are a nightmare.

Is there a £30 one deekles? both mine were £60, I'm moving nearer you
maccy1i05/12/2019 20:25

Is there a £30 one deekles? both mine were £60, I'm moving nearer you

Well, £60 but halved to £30 within 14 or 30 days. I never get them though. I'd rather walk miles than give those scumbags a penny of my hard-earned
Edited by: "deeky" 5th Dec 2019
deeky05/12/2019 20:26

Well, £60 but halved to £30 within 14 or 30 days. I never get them though. …Well, £60 but halved to £30 within 14 or 30 days. I never get them though. I'd rather walk miles than give those scumbags a penny of my hard-earned

I know, it's horrifying, I even know the envelopes they come in now it's normally £60 within 14 days and then £100 after the 14 days is up, but if you're on hols or something now sure if they'd accept that as a reason.
maccy1i05/12/2019 20:28

I know, it's horrifying, I even know the envelopes they come in now I know, it's horrifying, I even know the envelopes they come in now it's normally £60 within 14 days and then £100 after the 14 days is up, but if you're on hols or something now sure if they'd accept that as a reason.

Well, I say hard-earned...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions