Found 13th Jun 2008
Does anyone know where I can change all my pennies, 10ps and 20ps into notes/pound coins? I found a coinstar machine but it takes 8% or so I think. Thanks!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

Bank?

If you bag them seperately into coin types they will change them at the bank, they weigh them and bag them for me, just don't take more than about £15 at each time (or at lunchtime) and you should be alright.

go to the bank

halifax bank will only take 3 bags a day for adults but if you have a child you can pay unlimited amounts of bagged coinage into their account.

Jumpingphil;2308277

Does it have to be your child, or can you "borrow" one from outside the … Does it have to be your child, or can you "borrow" one from outside the branch. :whistling:

lmao

Dont think banks really want to accept loads of change.

Yes they do, I work for one, just don't go in when busy . Best say its your little ones savings or something and the girls go all gooey.

wendyak;2308296

Yes they do, I work for one, just don't go in when busy . Best say its … Yes they do, I work for one, just don't go in when busy . Best say its your little ones savings or something and the girls go all gooey.

Even if you dont have an account there? Is it not costly for the bank to handle/process lots of shrapnel?

Asda. Dunno ow much dey charge tho

LJM;2308312

Even if you dont have an account there? Is it not costly for the bank to … Even if you dont have an account there? Is it not costly for the bank to handle/process lots of shrapnel?

I always take change to the bank. They never ask if I have an account there. Money is money.

Take your change into the bank. They'll have a policy on taking change, usually along the lines of it should be sorted and a maximum they want to take (this is mostly to prevent smart-alecky moves like paying your mortgage in pennies - they aren't a valid way of paying large debts anyway). Most banks will give you rolls/bags for free so you can sort yourself if you are so inclined.

I usually offer our local village shops etc any change before I bank it as they have to pay the banks for change and are usually glad of the offer to exchange it for free.

I go down to Tescos and they have a big machine there. You get a ticket which you can spend on food or exchange for cash. I used to fill up pringle tubes and I took down 18 Tubes worth last week and came out with 600 pounds

asda have them
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. arome therapy diffusers23
    2. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?914
    3. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?40
    4. Best/cheapest music service66

See more discussions