Found 18th Nov 2008
i know there are some very astute people on hukd that give sound advice

my o/h has 2 company pension schemes from previous jobs - both in building companies - 1 being Wolseleys who announced 2000 job losses today!!

should we take these out and put into a private pension due to present climate

i did enquire about 6/7 yrs ago but was advised not to as company pensions are the safest (dont mention Dexion etc)

but due to present climate - getting worried now
advice appreciated - thanks

6 Comments

hi i work for the PPF (google for more information) and what we do is protection indv. members pension funds if a comapny goes under. I could give you a more information, but i will need the scheme's name:thumbsup:

Banned

kwikemart;3494224

hi i work for the PPF (google for more information) and what we do is … hi i work for the PPF (google for more information) and what we do is protection indv. members pension funds if a comapny goes under. I could give you a more information, but i will need the scheme's name:thumbsup:

spackenze anglaise?

Original Poster

kwikemart;3494224

hi i work for the PPF (google for more information) and what we do is … hi i work for the PPF (google for more information) and what we do is protection indv. members pension funds if a comapny goes under. I could give you a more information, but i will need the scheme's name:thumbsup:

jeez - keeping my fingers crossed company wont go under - multinational company!!

the dept you work in pensionprotectionfund.org.uk/

have come in for a lot of critisism??!!? - (methinks) but i understand you have to go by the book

i am not really prepared to go to finance advisor as they always take a cut thats why i posted

thanks for your reply - i will have a look at site in more detail later:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

csiman;3494250

spackenze anglaise?

holly100;3494309

jeez - keeping my fingers crossed company wont go under - multinational … jeez - keeping my fingers crossed company wont go under - multinational company!!the dept you work in http://www.pensionprotectionfund.org.uk/have come in for a lot of critisism??!!? - (methinks) but i understand you have to go by the booki am not really prepared to go to finance advisor as they always take a cut thats why i posted thanks for your reply - i will have a look at site in more detail later:thumbsup:

no worries, if you need any further advise feel free to PM :thumbsup:

holly100;3494309

jeez - keeping my fingers crossed company wont go under - multinational … jeez - keeping my fingers crossed company wont go under - multinational company!!the dept you work in http://www.pensionprotectionfund.org.uk/have come in for a lot of critisism??!!? - (methinks) but i understand you have to go by the booki am not really prepared to go to finance advisor as they always take a cut thats why i posted thanks for your reply - i will have a look at site in more detail later:thumbsup:

"i am not really prepared to go to finance advisor as they always take a cut thats why i posted " I would dream of charging you

Original Poster

thanks kwik:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57588
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions