Groups

Pentland Email disclosing everyones Email addresses

Anyone else had the junk email this afternoon from Pentland brands with half of the populations email addresses clearly displayed?

The sender [email protected]pentland.com has just had my views on their disclosure of my personal information. I wish these morons would learn how to send a mail shot.

If you have been affected you can report this company to ico.gov.uk/ico.gov.uk/

2 Comments

Totally unrelated but I was sent 2 emails about 6 months ago with about 300-400 hundered email addresses each, I obviously deleted it, But i was wondering how they got my email address for a long while! (And never did find out!, The email was sent from another hotmail account!)

barneybar

Anyone else had the junk email this afternoon from Pentland brands with … Anyone else had the junk email this afternoon from Pentland brands with half of the populations email addresses clearly displayed?The sender [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] has just had my views on their disclosure of my personal information. I wish these morons would learn how to send a mail shot.If you have been affected you can report this company to ]http://www.ico.gov.uk/

I got that one today, nothing in the main body of the email :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767275
      2. What would be HELL to you?55
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1526
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047117

See more discussions