People ignoring social distancing

Posted 5th Apr
thesun.co.uk/new…un/

metro.co.uk/202…uid

watfordobserver.co.uk/new…rk/

I think those not exercising (sunbathing, picnicking etc) should get a £1K fine. No excuses.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Some people are morons. Just stay the **** indoors for a few weeks it’s not that hard to do.
Those people will also be the first people to complain when lockdown goes on for longer. Because of people like this.
unfortunately people tend not pay attention to facts or data. All the stuff about washing hands more frequently, not panic buying, face mask not that helpful outside a clinical setting (unless ffp3 ans above) etc. Its a shame if people were sensible then the lockdown would have not been necessary in the first place but hey ho I am sure they won't care until they find out all their pensions have dropped 20% in value and sadly people start lossing their jobs.

PS i think its really immoral to wish death on people, I wish people would stop that as well.
Edited by: "MRL263" 5th Apr
The below graphic perfectly illustrates the benefits of social distancing in a very simple to understand manner.

Looks like these morons need someone to explain it to them further.

40301574-WU99C.jpg
177 Comments
Some people are morons. Just stay the **** indoors for a few weeks it’s not that hard to do.
Those people will also be the first people to complain when lockdown goes on for longer. Because of people like this.
In The Sun article the photos show people adhering to social distancing, and whats more a lot have exercise/training gear on. You're allowed to exercise. And if you stop for a breather then so be it.

If you are 50m from someone but in a park, even if you weren't exercising, you are not going to catch it. Police intervention there is unnecessary and does put you/them at risk.

The sea front however - ridiculous.
The below graphic perfectly illustrates the benefits of social distancing in a very simple to understand manner.

Looks like these morons need someone to explain it to them further.

40301574-WU99C.jpg
unfortunately people tend not pay attention to facts or data. All the stuff about washing hands more frequently, not panic buying, face mask not that helpful outside a clinical setting (unless ffp3 ans above) etc. Its a shame if people were sensible then the lockdown would have not been necessary in the first place but hey ho I am sure they won't care until they find out all their pensions have dropped 20% in value and sadly people start lossing their jobs.

PS i think its really immoral to wish death on people, I wish people would stop that as well.
Edited by: "MRL263" 5th Apr
Similar problem at my local park. I cycled by it earlier and there were people sunbathing, sitting on benches, throwing frisby, etc. If this keeps up the council's might shut the parks down for good. Just so selfish.
plebbygiraffe05/04/2020 00:53

In The Sun article the photos show people adhering to social distancing, …In The Sun article the photos show people adhering to social distancing, and whats more a lot have exercise/training gear on. You're allowed to exercise. And if you stop for a breather then so be it.If you are 50m from someone but in a park, even if you weren't exercising, you are not going to catch it. Police intervention there is unnecessary and does put you/them at risk.The sea front however - ridiculous.

Theres a lot of people live within walking distance of that park! The pictures don't seem too bad, the video is another matter. In the story police say they will arrest anyone not complying, wonder how many arrested they made today? Sorry, but until threats are carried through, people will think screw it and just go out. But on the other hand you also get scare stories and councils shutting things down for no reasons, they closed the beach car parks here yesterday saying it was too busy, I've been down at vvarying times this week, and the car parks were deserted, the most I counted was 7, out of around 200 spaces.
AnkerMan05/04/2020 01:25

Similar problem at my local park. I cycled by it earlier and there were …Similar problem at my local park. I cycled by it earlier and there were people sunbathing, sitting on benches, throwing frisby, etc. If this keeps up the council's might shut the parks down for good. Just so selfish.

So long as they are from the same house & distance 6ft then they are complying. I would be more worried about you logic.
I hope those people in CASSIOBURY PARK know WATFORD GENERAL IS CLOSED!!!!!
lets hope no one gets sick 😳
Willy_Wonka05/04/2020 01:27

So long as they are from the same house & distance 6ft then they are …So long as they are from the same house & distance 6ft then they are complying. I would be more worried about you logic.

can you point me to where 'sunbathing in a public park' is one of the allowed activites please?
Re face mask some studies have shown an ordinary face mask can help so do wear if you need to go shopping at Sainsbury’s etc. It’s also hay fever season so a sneeze may be more than pollen and grass allergy I tried to get an FFP3 mask it was £35
julieallen05/04/2020 01:34

can you point me to where 'sunbathing in a public park' is one of the …can you point me to where 'sunbathing in a public park' is one of the allowed activites please?

Can you tell me where it isn't? In fact it makes vitamin D which is vital for our bodies.
Alliswell105/04/2020 01:35

Re face mask some studies have shown an ordinary face mask can help so do …Re face mask some studies have shown an ordinary face mask can help so do wear if you need to go shopping at Sainsbury’s etc. It’s also hay fever season so a sneeze may be more than pollen and grass allergy I tried to get an FFP3 mask it was £35

FFP3 are the lowest range of masks acceptable for use by critical care NHS staff.
Willy_Wonka05/04/2020 01:36

Can you tell me where it isn't? In fact it makes vitamin D which is vital …Can you tell me where it isn't? In fact it makes vitamin D which is vital for our bodies.

Yes, it isn't on any list of approved activities issued by the government, so therefore anyone doing it isn't complying. Don't see sunbathing below?

1. When am I allowed to leave the house?You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:

• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
  • one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household
  • any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
  • travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home
julieallen05/04/2020 01:41

for example food and medicine, medical need, avoid risk of harm,but only …for example food and medicine, medical need, avoid risk of harm,but only where you cannot work from home

Suggest you have a read to you edited comment above. Gaining vitamin D is a medical requirement & has been advised by the NHS for decades.
So technically the photographer and reporter were also at fault?
Willy_Wonka05/04/2020 01:38

FFP3 are the lowest range of masks acceptable for use by critical care NHS …FFP3 are the lowest range of masks acceptable for use by critical care NHS staff.

Yes you
Are correct I meant for the gen public while practising social distancing while outdoors
I think at the end of the day ideally
Stay home 🏾
Alliswell105/04/2020 01:51

Yes youAre correct I meant for the gen public while practising social …Yes youAre correct I meant for the gen public while practising social distancing while outdoors

Just pull your blouse or t-shirt over your nose and mouth if you are worried about distance. Anyway, Joe public will not get masks from anywhere but dodgy people because the Government have diverted all sources to the NHS & Private Care
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 5th Apr
Willy_Wonka05/04/2020 01:47

Suggest you have a read to you edited comment above. Gaining vitamin D is …Suggest you have a read to you edited comment above. Gaining vitamin D is a medical requirement & has been advised by the NHS for decades.

Now you're just trolling.
julieallen05/04/2020 02:13

No I am not. Sunlight produces vitamin D which is vital for health. So long as people keep their distance what is the problem?

I suggest you look at the health implications of lack of vitamin D. They can be quite severe.
Stupidity is a natural gift, you can't teach that. It is clearly evident in the minority that are not following what the government has put in place. It really isn't difficult to follow such basic rules and instructions.
julieallen05/04/2020 02:13

Not sure if they're trolling (not even sure what that means). But what they've said is correct. There are other sources. But it's not easy to come by. Which is why many foods have to be fortified with it. And people still don't get enough even eating those.

Having said that, you could just sit in the back garden (if you have one) instead of congregating in a public place.
Edited by: "ra786" 5th Apr
Oh no. Pandemic is not a holiday trip, Stay Home please
What they don’t get is the more they break the rules the longer it will go on...
ra78605/04/2020 04:40

Not sure if they're trolling (not even sure what that means). But what …Not sure if they're trolling (not even sure what that means). But what they've said is correct. There are other sources. But it's not easy to come by. Which is why many foods have to be fortified with it. And people still don't get enough even eating those.Having said that, you could just sit in the back garden (if you have one) instead of congregating in a public place.

You only need about 20mins of direct sunlight to get a decent source of natural vit D. So no.need to visit parks for that as I see people sunning them selves in front or rear garden. You cant get decent levels of vit d from winter sun so supplements are cheap and effective over time. I roll up sleeves and get my 20mins just walking back and fourth from shops or cycling.
Doesn't matter if people are two metres apart as if perception that parks are too busy, they will likely close.
Edited by: "AnkerMan" 5th Apr
OllieSt05/04/2020 07:56

That is the deal, and Italy seems to have got there eventually.April 4 …That is the deal, and Italy seems to have got there eventually.April 4 (GMT) 4805 new cases and 681 new deaths in Italy. The number of patients hospitalized in intensive care has declined for the first time since the beginning of the epidemic in Italy The target of bringing down the reproductive number (R0) to 1 has been reached. Now the goal is to bring it below 1. Earlier in the epidemic, it was as high as 3. This value represents the average number of people to which a single infected person will transmit the virus. An epidemic with a reproductive number below 1 will gradually disappear An estimated 30,000 lives have been saved as an effect of the lockdown measures, according to Istituto Superiore di Sanità (ISS)

The problem remains that they can't stay in lockdown. A phased relaxation based on age / vulnerability looks to be the way forward alongside social distancing and ppe
Not sure which part of “Stay Home” is causing the confusion.
Perhaps when the realisation that a loved one is buried without a dignified send off, without family and friends they will understand.
The decision to flout these instructions will haunt some people for a life time.
It won’t be me.
Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Save life’s.
The delivery staff at my local Domino's Pizza just don't seem to give a s*** about keeping any safe distance.
They all head into the shop together and then sit out the back in a group smoking, etc.
The prep staff are not wearing any masks, etc. (hopefully the cooking will kill any contamination) but not on the packaging.
Domino's is lousy anyway, but considering the lack of adherence to the distancing laws I would not advise ordering from them if you want to stay safe.
By the way this is the Twickenham branch.
xdaminis05/04/2020 08:36

The delivery staff at my local Domino's Pizza just don't seem to give a …The delivery staff at my local Domino's Pizza just don't seem to give a s*** about keeping any safe distance.They all head into the shop together and then sit out the back in a group smoking, etc.The prep staff are not wearing any masks, etc. (hopefully the cooking will kill any contamination) but not on the packaging.Domino's is lousy anyway, but considering the lack of adherence to the distancing laws I would not advise ordering from them if you want to stay safe.By the way this is the Twickenham branch.

It makes me wonder why anyone is still ordering takeaways when you have no idea of the health of those who have just prepared it and of those who are delivering it.
People think because they've survived two weeks lockdown that they have done their time and so are immune. The people next door to me were adamant that they were going to stick by the rules. On Friday their son's girlfriend drove from her student house near London to Merseyside to be with him. How stupid is that! They only have themselves to blame if they get infected.
Rune_2H05/04/2020 08:29

Comment deleted

Most people need to get out for exercise and fresh air before mental health issues arise. I assume you dont live in a studio flat in a high rise building....
Edited by: "chocci" 5th Apr
We still have neither a vaccine or a cure for Covid-19 so social distancing is the only way the public have to slow the spread of it until that happens. If people keep ignoring the rules there won't be many left to administer the vaccine / cure when the scientists finally crack it.
Never been a gambling fan but looks like we've all got our tickets in our hands and no-one knows when their "lucky" number will be called or what prize they will get.
Increase your chances of a good result by staying safe with the best advice you can find.
Good luck everyone, hope I see you all in the winners circle
Willy_Wonka05/04/2020 01:47

Suggest you have a read to you edited comment above. Gaining vitamin D is …Suggest you have a read to you edited comment above. Gaining vitamin D is a medical requirement & has been advised by the NHS for decades.

You can get vitamin D in your own home, sit by a window.
spanner7905/04/2020 09:14

You can get vitamin D in your own home, sit by a window.

Open window.....
It's not rocket science people

40303334-uG6UN.jpg
MRL26305/04/2020 01:12

unfortunately people tend not pay attention to facts or data. All the …unfortunately people tend not pay attention to facts or data. All the stuff about washing hands more frequently, not panic buying, face mask not that helpful outside a clinical setting (unless ffp3 ans above) etc. Its a shame if people were sensible then the lockdown would have not been necessary in the first place but hey ho I am sure they won't care until they find out all their pensions have dropped 20% in value and sadly people start lossing their jobs.PS i think its really immoral to wish death on people, I wish people would stop that as well.

Couldn't agree more with you re pensions. We are now at the beginning of a depression with the economy predicted to contract 15% in the second quarter and unemployment to double at a minimum. 100s or 1000s more firms will go under even with furloughed employees but the government can't afford to furlough people forever and even if they could for year, it's all got to be paid back at some point with further cuts to services, higher taxes and hardship for all. The shorter the lockdown, the quicker we can hopefully get back to normal.
Willy_Wonka05/04/2020 01:36

Can you tell me where it isn't? In fact it makes vitamin D which is vital …Can you tell me where it isn't? In fact it makes vitamin D which is vital for our bodies.

bbc.co.uk/new…035

Bit of clarification for you. Now pop your top back on and go home.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions