People of London...did you spot the hotukdeals Black Friday van today!? It'll also be around tomorrow (29th)

Posted 28th Nov
Did any of our community members spot the hotukdeals van driving around London today?! It'll also be taking a route around London tomorrow and you can see the route below (29th Nov). Give it a wave and take a pic if you spot it!

Some pics of the van today:

3347624-0L8db.jpg

3347624-38eNo.jpg

3347624-tG77m.jpg
This is the route it'll take tomorrow:

3347624-6LwBT.jpg
Community Updates
Official Announcements
Top comments
It's funny how Oxford Street was so empty you managed to take a picture like that, clearly not a peak time. The no deal joke outside of the Houses of Parliament surely breaks site rules on political discussion?
30 Comments
Is the second photo a fake?
The van or London looks added, I can't decide which
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell28/11/2019 21:45

Is the second photo a fake?The van or London looks added, I can't decide …Is the second photo a fake?The van or London looks added, I can't decide which

Absolutely genuine
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell28/11/2019 21:45

Is the second photo a fake?The van or London looks added, I can't decide …Is the second photo a fake?The van or London looks added, I can't decide which

The "shop super hot deals from our super savvy members" schtick sounds silly.
This is the route @magicjay1986'll take tomorrow:

...Targeting tourist attractions when those you should be targeting are sat at home, queuing in the high street, or fighting for budget television sets in the supermarket.

PS. Places other than London also exist.
Nice idea. Shame I won't see it though.
Eden003228/11/2019 21:59

Nice idea. Shame I won't see it though.

We'll try to get some more pics tomorrow
Not really sure of the point...
Mechtup28/11/2019 22:08

Raising awareness of the site
It's funny how Oxford Street was so empty you managed to take a picture like that, clearly not a peak time. The no deal joke outside of the Houses of Parliament surely breaks site rules on political discussion?
jamie1528/11/2019 22:17

It's funny how Oxford Street was so empty you managed to take a picture …It's funny how Oxford Street was so empty you managed to take a picture like that, clearly not a peak time. The no deal joke outside of the Houses of Parliament surely breaks site rules on political discussion?

That image was just a TOTAL coincidence. Honest.
jamie1528/11/2019 22:17

It's funny how Oxford Street was so empty you managed to take a picture …It's funny how Oxford Street was so empty you managed to take a picture like that, clearly not a peak time. The no deal joke outside of the Houses of Parliament surely breaks site rules on political discussion?

...not to mention advertising GoGo Vision's business.
magicjay198628/11/2019 22:19

That image was just a TOTAL coincidence. Honest.

The capital letters make that clear
fanpages28/11/2019 21:58

This is the route @magicjay1986'll take tomorrow: [Image] ...Targeting …This is the route @magicjay1986'll take tomorrow: [Image] ...Targeting tourist attractions when those you should be targeting are sat at home, queuing in the high street, or fighting for budget television sets in the supermarket.PS. Places other than London also exist.

"Places other than London also exist."
39168728-vUuiN.jpg
Wongy11028/11/2019 22:21

"Places other than London also exist."[Image]

"Yo', Sherlock Holmes, smell ya later"
Mechtup28/11/2019 22:08

Motorists in their cars are an extremely good audience for this kind of advertising
msmyth28/11/2019 22:28

@sam_of_london will be horrified at such a development

fanpages28/11/2019 21:58

...PS. Places other than London also exist.

It's not quite the same as Amazon's Treasure Truck is it?

Then again, it could be worse...

Ah, Sheffield..., remember when you were important to this site too?
Voted cold, I didn’t see it up north
OllieSt28/11/2019 22:31

Motorists in their cars are an extremely good audience for this kind of …Motorists in their cars are an extremely good audience for this kind of advertising

In Central London?

fanpages28/11/2019 22:36

In Central London?[Video]

I would have thought places like Parliament Square with the constant stream of slow traffic would be prime locations
Edited by: "OllieSt" 28th Nov
shadowfall28/11/2019 22:36

I believe it's cold up there, or grim, or both.

Either way, it's not there, & neither is this site's target audience, apparently.
OllieSt28/11/2019 22:40

I would have thought places like Parliament Square with the constant …I would have thought places like Parliament Square with the constant stream of slow traffic would be prime locations

Of course... silly me. Nobody works in London during daylight hours either.
Seriously, @magicjay1986, well done for doing something. It beats being stuck in a box all day wishing you were shopping online.

Is it too late to advertise the Christmas Flamedeer competition at the same time?
What I can't get my head around is the Xmas lights in Oxford St. They look awful at night, and seemingly non existent during the day

39169501-Py9Ok.jpg
Edited by: "OllieSt" 28th Nov
shadowfall28/11/2019 22:36

To the tune of the coca cola advert.

🎶 Hotukdeals are coming
Hotukdeals are coming
Hotukdeals are coming
Hotukdeals are coming............. 🎶

Only they didn't come further south
msmyth28/11/2019 22:28

@sam_of_london will be horrified at such a development

As long as the other places aren't 4k he'll cope.
It wasn't me what done the brakes. Honest Gov.
richp28/11/2019 22:56

To the tune of the coca cola advert. 🎶 Hotukdeals are coming …To the tune of the coca cola advert. 🎶 Hotukdeals are coming Hotukdeals are coming Hotukdeals are coming Hotukdeals are coming............. 🎶Only they didn't come further south

Amazing idea - next year with speakerphone
I assume including a free letter from Coke
richp28/11/2019 22:56

To the tune of the coca cola advert. 🎶 Hotukdeals are coming …To the tune of the coca cola advert. 🎶 Hotukdeals are coming Hotukdeals are coming Hotukdeals are coming Hotukdeals are coming............. 🎶Only they didn't come further south

magnetkopf29/11/2019 15:14

Amazing idea - next year with speakerphone I assume including a free …Amazing idea - next year with speakerphone I assume including a free letter from Coke

...and information about all the great PepperBonus offers.
Hope the traffic restrictions & terrible situation around London Bridge within the last hour or so are not slowing your progress getting to the Tower of London, @magicjay1986.

Perhaps you should call it a day if you have not done so already.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants