People Selling Voucher Codes on Ebay

Anyone else noticed loads of people doing this? - Probably loads of people from HUKD to be honest!

So many people do it, no postage hassles, they simply email the codes to winning bidders - I can't believe mugs actually do pay several pounds for them, what makes me laugh is that they have the nouse to search for them on Ebay but if they were to do the same search on Google they would get them for free :giggle:

I have never sold voucher codes on Ebay as I wouldn't feel comfortable myself.

5 Comments

But it saves them time...and some people believe that time is money, so if both parties are happy, then what's the hurt?

Original Poster

But it saves them time...and some people believe that time is money, so … But it saves them time...and some people believe that time is money, so if both parties are happy, then what's the hurt?

That's the whole point though, it doesn't save them time, it takes more time to complete a sale on Ebay than it does to search the same voucher code on Google, and then you have to go to Paypal and wait for email etc.

Money Spinning

That's the whole point though, it doesn't save them time, it takes more … That's the whole point though, it doesn't save them time, it takes more time to complete a sale on Ebay than it does to search the same voucher code on Google, and then you have to go to Paypal and wait for email etc.

It sometimes takes me longer to hunt down a code than complete a BIN purchase on ebay. Many of the code sites that pop up on a google search have old/invalid codes and it's rarely on the first page you click onto so until you get into the gist of how to search effectively it can be quite time consuming, also it's not like you're stuck to reading through pages while just waiting for an email to arrive. I personally wouldn't buy a code from ebay, in fact I won't buy anything on ebay without doing a thorough search to see if I can get it cheaper somewhere else, because I quite like the satisfaction I get from hunting down the code myself and I'm getting better and faster at it and know I've saved hundreds in fact probably thousands when I think there were two holidays to the States involved, but there are those people that don't like to or can't be bothered, so for them, paying someone else less than 2 quid to get a voucher worth a lot more than that would seem like a pretty good deal. So they're not being ripped off or anything, they're being helped to save money where they would normally have paid full price because they don't want to search for themselves.

my pet hate. people who sell codes and vouchers on ebay. Remember people, vouchers have a nominal value of .001p or something. Grrr

Even better than yesterday I saw someone selling links to a pdf file on the official xbox website to claim 5 free HD DVD's after the've purchased the drive.... this link was going at £10 each :lol: shockin, cheek of some people
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    3. word association Game74044563
    4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions