Groups

People stealing food at university - solution?

I am at uni and share a kitchen between 35. Probably because times are hard now my drinks seem to be going missing like milk and fruit juices and milkshakes etc. My food is clearly labelled an its obvious its mine, they're unsealing my stuff and taking nearly all and leaving it almost empty.

Im looking to see what you guys suggest. Its quite hard to actually catch someone doing it due to the amount of people sharing with me. All ideas welcome I have some of my own but dont know if its too far.

73 Comments

Buy a mini fridge and put it in your room. Also handy for beer! :-D

cdm22;8144854

+1 you can pick up those Husky fridges for about £50/60 :-D

Original Poster

cdm22;8144854

good idea, they're banned but people have them. Only issue is the cost

Banned

fill an OJ bottle with pee.... no-one will mess with your stuff again?

Banned

golemsmate;8144872

Save you money on the food you are loosing.

I hated sharing a kitchen :x

I used to hang my cold stuff in a carrier bag outside my window....hooked on the handle, when I was at uni!! lol We all did it even though only 12 people shared the kitchen!

Banned

cdm22;8144854

this, try and find a second hand one though. Don't buy a cooler (pretending to be fridge) your milk and yoghurt will just go off.

doesnt suprise me student scumbags

golemsmate;8144872

Ask for one on your local freecycle site.

catch them red handed

pull out the machete and ask them if they want short sleeve or long sleeve

Lay down the law. If that involves landing a few haymakers then so be it

I guarantee you they wont steal your food anymore :thumbsup:

Put a laxative or 2 in some of ur stuff. See who then has the sh*ts and you then have your culprit, just remember not to eat or drink the stuff you have put them in.

As others have mentioned, best to buy a little fridge for yourself

mousetraps!...........................

anthonyt;8144922

Put a laxative or 2 in some of ur stuff. See who then has the sh*ts and … Put a laxative or 2 in some of ur stuff. See who then has the sh*ts and you then have your culprit, just remember not to eat or drink the stuff you have put them in.As others have mentioned, best to buy a little fridge for yourself

^^^^this

Original Poster

anthonyt;8144922

Put a laxative or 2 in some of ur stuff. See who then has the sh*ts and … Put a laxative or 2 in some of ur stuff. See who then has the sh*ts and you then have your culprit, just remember not to eat or drink the stuff you have put them in.As others have mentioned, best to buy a little fridge for yourself

I'm so tempted. The thief is mainly taking sealed things like full yazoo milkshakes and stuff so im wondering how i can slip some in without anyone realising.

Plus I worry about them retaliating with doing stuff to my things

jubbyme;8144874

fill an OJ bottle with pee.... no-one will mess with your stuff again?

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]+1[/COLOR] - I did this years ago and it worked a treat...it was four bottles of 'white wine' and yes it took a while to do! :whistling:[/FONT]

This is so frutrating; I never understood why people thought it was ok just to eat/drink other people's stuff; I guess they did it as long as they thought they wouldn't get caught. I like the laxative idea but don't know if it could get you into trouble, although I don't see how. I reckon if you opened your milkshake or whatever it might even encourage the thief as it would make it easier for them. But I see what you mean about someone then doing things to your stuff. Instead of laxative you could put a few teaspoons of salt in there which might be enough to put them off when they tasted it. Having said that, a dose of laxative might be harder to trace back to you.....

golemsmate;8144978

I'm so tempted. The thief is mainly taking sealed things like full yazoo … I'm so tempted. The thief is mainly taking sealed things like full yazoo milkshakes and stuff so im wondering how i can slip some in without anyone realising.Plus I worry about them retaliating with doing stuff to my things

They won't know it was you though. Put something in the fridge like a milkshake and don't label it. How would they know who's it was between 35 of you? But you would know who took it :thumbsup:

I love the laxative idea, and you shouldn't feel guilty. If they are hard-up for cash and they need food, they wouldn't be taking milkshakes. Scum. Try to buy long-life stuff which you can store in your room. Or go into polish/turkish grocery stores where their products are in a different language and it's harder for them to tell what it is (a yazoo would grab their attention). Buy stuff which they may not like, such as Soya Milk, etc.

I mainly had it last year, in fact that was only real time.

Lived in a massive block of rooms(about 40) and whenever I bought food it vanished within a hour, didnt matterif I bought 1 yogurt or 10 they went, buy a takeaway and put it in fridge, it went. Buy cheese, butter bread or anything and it went.

I think it was all by 1 guy though as I had a few suspicions as even in December 2008 he said his loan never arrived yet always had food and drink money, one day I told him I was going to see family for the weekend, walked out with bags, came back an hour later as missed train and he was sitting there with a bottle of my drink in front of him and my pack of pasties, and my pack of eggs, and some cheese laughing about then saw me and then grabbed them all and vanished making sure I couldnt see what was in his hands.

Laxative or chilli sauce or better still, both.

Find a reliable mate, and then get a decent small fridge, and that way you can split the cost of it

You just need to agree who's room to put it in, and such details.

Also reminds me, got so fed up and went into kitchen one day and these 2 other lads who I think were taking something every so often like pies, butter and cheese were in there, so I said "I hope whoever drank the milk I had in there enjoyed the *** I put in it" and the guy got up and started shouting at me saying how he would sue me if he became ill from drinking from my milk carton and I just said that he shouldnt take the milk then and he tried backing himself up saying I was putting everyones health at risk because germs move about etc.

Just for providing sheer frustration, you could take a bottle of Yazoo you have drank from then fill it up with water to provide weight, and superglue the lid back on. The thief would get nicely frustrated trying to open the darn thing.

A more sensible approach (as seen in Imperial Halls), They have like a mesh box and you simply put a pad lock on it. alternatively, get a plastic box with lid which is same size as your fridge space, drill a hole and padlock it.

Alternatively, buy cheap tesco extra value stuff.. im sure they wont steal those

hope this gives some ideas.

smack em in the face

treble99;8144942

^^^^this

yup laxatives my 1st thought too

sister had a problem at work with someone stealing her lunch,she grated xlax onto her nutella sandwiches and it never happened again

No doubt they are just lazy thieving gits, convenience, can't be bothered to shop for things themselves, no respect for other people and I'd guess they don't clean or do anything to keep the place tidy which you have to do in communal living. Guess they are immature really, no sense of responsibility to others.

Personally retribution is my bag, can't be a victim and not get at least equal, so i'd be tempted to do something with bodily fluids or waste, something in the food, and then kick seven bells out of them if i know who it was. Just me but then I'm big enough to do it.

Banned

Have you tried kicking their stupid face in?

Why dont you put a label on everything of yours saying " I spit in here" they are not going to risk it

Eat them.

get one of those beer fridges for your room n use that instead

Laxatives are good but the problem is when we did it, the laxative is a dark colour so it is easy to see if they pour the drink out. I would suggest something like a drop of hot-headz.com/hot…tml into a drink. That will **** them up

Welcome to University Life, this will be a great lesson learnt... same stuff happens at my workplace too lol
    They do say Uni gets you ready for the future.

What an absolute scumbag, whoever it is. No shame. Don't feel guilty about getting your own back, they deserve it.

I totally agree with everyone, put in a couple of doses of laxatives. They won't realise it's from your food/drink, it could have been from a dodgy curry, the food they are picking out of the skip or whatever. Just open the bottle, but leave it full, they wont care and will still drink it. Trust me, it will make you feel better about it all.

Banned

sdavi3680;8147103

What an absolute scumbag, whoever it is. No shame. Don't feel guilty … What an absolute scumbag, whoever it is. No shame. Don't feel guilty about getting your own back, they deserve it. I totally agree with everyone, put in a couple of doses of laxatives. They won't realise it's from your food/drink, it could have been from a dodgy curry, the food they are picking out of the skip or whatever. Just open the bottle, but leave it full, they wont care and will still drink it. Trust me, it will make you feel better about it all.

this

i used to do this super standard thing to do. Next time someone takes your milk, go on a mad one, n punch em in the face hard, and say don't ever take my stuff again, it has my name on.

no one will ever mess with your food again

Antifreeze?

be warned that putting laxative in food would be classed as poisoning and is a criminal offence

Banned

roryk83;8147193

be warned that putting laxative in food would be classed as poisoning and … be warned that putting laxative in food would be classed as poisoning and is a criminal offence

no it's not, it's his food, he's just letting it dissolve ready for him to eat/drink it :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1315
      2. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?33
      3. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      4. Biscuit addiction1231

See more discussions