People told NOT to go to Build a Bear Pay Your Age day as at least 3 stores forced to close

Found 12th Jul
Edit 15.45 - ALL queues have now closed due to safety advice.

2982449-1RFVa.jpg
People are being told NOT to go to the Build A Bear pay your age for a teddy day as at least three stores have been forced to close as they have been advised by authorities due to sheer numbers of people turning up and worries for peoples safety.

Original deal posted by @babyblueHERE

On their Facebook page they have announced that Meadowhall, Telford and Basingstoke stores have had to close due to advice from authorities, extreme crowds and safety concerns and the schoools haven't even finished for the day yet!

2982449.jpg

If you were going to go and you have already signed up to the club, they are also doing a scheme called count your candles were your child up to age 14 can pay their age for a bear in their birthday month so might be worth waiting for all this to die down and letting them restock and going then.

2982449.jpg

Comments on their Facebook page are over 1600 at the moment - most from angry parents.
Some Hot Uk Dealers have already been down and loaded some pictures - looks chaos and not a place you'd want to be with small kids with reports of pushing and shoving already.

Thanks to @noseley for this picture from Birmingham

2982449.jpg
and @NeoDoug1 for this picture from Bournemouth
2982449.jpg
Community Updates
MiscBuild-A-BearToysChild
Top comments
I don't get people who queue for hours just to save a few quid. How much is your own time worth to you.
its a teddy bear shop, what numpties, its like the crowds who turn up at Next sales at some ungodly hour to fight over clothes.
Saturn38 m ago

I assume @deeky won't be in the queue for this offer.[Image]

As it happens I'm just waiting for my dog-sitter who has just got to the front of the queue at the Bury shop, after a 3 hour wait

Oh, your joke...

34325707-FgrUe.jpg
Edited by: "deeky" 12th Jul
34326765-lKiuU.jpg
35 Comments
its a teddy bear shop, what numpties, its like the crowds who turn up at Next sales at some ungodly hour to fight over clothes.
It's no better in Kent, queues of up to 1000 allegedly.

34325241-B7HAO.jpg
Edited by: "Richard_Richard" 12th Jul
I assume @deeky won't be in the queue for this offer.

34325347-MFZh4.jpg
Saturn38 m ago

I assume @deeky won't be in the queue for this offer.[Image]

As it happens I'm just waiting for my dog-sitter who has just got to the front of the queue at the Bury shop, after a 3 hour wait

Oh, your joke...

34325707-FgrUe.jpg
Edited by: "deeky" 12th Jul
wow imagine what it would have been like if all of the schools were off.
eslick16 m ago

Apparently they are in Scotland and its been dreadful - US will start to open soon so waiting to see what happens over there - could get messy!
eslick18 m ago

the point was for people with babies to go and get them for £1 or £2 .. if I took my 10 year old I'd be paying that much for a bear anyway!
arcangel1115 m ago

the point was for people with babies to go and get them for £1 or £2 .. if …the point was for people with babies to go and get them for £1 or £2 .. if I took my 10 year old I'd be paying that much for a bear anyway!

Yeah of course I was meaning those 5 or 6 which from the last time we were in would still be a saving.
emribena11 m ago

Apparently they are in Scotland and its been dreadful - US will start to …Apparently they are in Scotland and its been dreadful - US will start to open soon so waiting to see what happens over there - could get messy!

Some of the US store will not know what hit them, many are in malls which have so many empty shops it will be the first time they have been busy on years. Was in a few earlier in the year, they had 100+ shops but only 20 or 30were actually open no idea how they made any money.
Edited by: "eslick" 12th Jul
34326765-lKiuU.jpg
Say I want a bear today, but I am 28, do I have to pay my age or retail..

Let's get Sherlock Gnomes on the case.
People freak about dogs in cars, but lets just queue with a pram in the hot sun for hours for a toy the baby is to young to care about
I don't get people who queue for hours just to save a few quid. How much is your own time worth to you.
Standi34 m ago

I don't get people who queue for hours just to save a few quid. How much …I don't get people who queue for hours just to save a few quid. How much is your own time worth to you.

If you don't get it by now, you never will.
darkstryder3601 h, 19 m ago

Say I want a bear today, but I am 28, do I have to pay my age or …Say I want a bear today, but I am 28, do I have to pay my age or retail..Let's get Sherlock Gnomes on the case.

It was maximum price of £25 today if you could get one - they have now closed the queue at all UK stores!
catbeans49 m ago

People freak about dogs in cars, but lets just queue with a pram in the …People freak about dogs in cars, but lets just queue with a pram in the hot sun for hours for a toy the baby is to young to care about

Inside a car, temperature gets too hot to bear
deeky5 h, 22 m ago

As it happens I'm just waiting for my dog-sitter who has just got to the …As it happens I'm just waiting for my dog-sitter who has just got to the front of the queue at the Bury shop, after a 3 hour wait Oh, your joke...[Image]

Did you spot this "Deal", @deeky?

[ hotukdeals.com/dea…503 ]
splender3 h, 47 m ago

Inside a car, temperature gets too hot to bear

Inside a pram get very hot too, babies are more delicate than dogs, prams are made of thick plasticky fabrics, if the pram is covered its dangerous, if you leave the baby exposed its dangerous.
Edited by: "catbeans" 12th Jul
Usual self entitled suspects on the radio screeching "disgrace" and demanding to know how you tell a three year old they can't have a bear how about buying them elsewhere, just a thought?
I hate to sound like Narcissistic (I'm not, I hate myself) all these people are parasites
Edited by: "Norseg" 12th Jul
Standi6 h, 9 m ago

I don't get people who queue for hours just to save a few quid. How much …I don't get people who queue for hours just to save a few quid. How much is your own time worth to you.

I would say the same thing but if enjoy doing it it's not time wasted

I personally wouldn't I can't stand to wait in a queue, Its not because I value my time it's because it's super boring

I spend all my day sleeping, having arguements on Twitter and Hotukdeals, have a bit of education, play a bit of Xbox, pull my 'pork', take a shower, cry myself to sleep
Norseg8 m ago

I would say the same thing but if enjoy doing it it's not time wasted I …I would say the same thing but if enjoy doing it it's not time wasted I personally wouldn't I can't stand to wait in a queue, Its not because I value my time it's because it's super boring I spend all my day sleeping, having arguements on Twitter and Hotukdeals, have a bit of education, play a bit of Xbox, pull my 'pork', take a shower, cry myself to sleep

May I suggest that you change around the chronology of your day? How much time are you currently allocating to each pursuit?
fanpages7 h, 18 m ago

[Image]

Nah, would have been too many grizzly children in the queues.
Parents actually took their kids out of school to get a bear for a fiver.

These people shouldn’t be allowed to have children or vote!!
Saturn55 m ago

May I suggest that you change around the chronology of your day? How much …May I suggest that you change around the chronology of your day? How much time are you currently allocating to each pursuit?

Oh I forget walking my dog

I'll put in order from longest to least time
Longest: Sleeping
Xbox
Social Media
Dog walking
Pulling my 'pork'

I know my life sucks, it's like a loop, it was better than what I used to do, my days last year when I ran a eBay store which sold a lot of low value products, that was too stressful so I had to quit since I had anxiety from it

Nothing really else I can do I get bored easily, I like to try new things but I've lived in the same boring town all my life
Norseg13 m ago

Oh I forget walking my dogI'll put in order from longest to least …Oh I forget walking my dogI'll put in order from longest to least timeLongest: SleepingXboxSocial MediaDog walkingPulling my 'pork'I know my life sucks, it's like a loop, it was better than what I used to do, my days last year when I ran a eBay store which sold a lot of low value products, that was too stressful so I had to quit since I had anxiety from itNothing really else I can do I get bored easily, I like to try new things but I've lived in the same boring town all my life

Are you getting any significant exercise? Circa 10-miles (1 intense hour) on a bike, 3 times a week, could be transformative. It may also help you deal with work-related anxiety in the future.
Saturn41 m ago

Are you getting any significant exercise? Circa 10-miles (1 intense hour) …Are you getting any significant exercise? Circa 10-miles (1 intense hour) on a bike, 3 times a week, could be transformative. It may also help you deal with work-related anxiety in the future.

I'm walking a lot everyday so yes

I am Underweight even though I eat enough so I guess i do 'too much exercise'
joanddan71 h, 32 m ago

Parents actually took their kids out of school to get a bear for a …Parents actually took their kids out of school to get a bear for a fiver.These people shouldn’t be allowed to have children or vote!!

Absolutely spot on, the best point that has been made on any topic on here for months.

Well said!
Norseg10 h, 44 m ago

I'm walking a lot everyday so yesI am Underweight even though I eat enough …I'm walking a lot everyday so yesI am Underweight even though I eat enough so I guess i do 'too much exercise'

All sounds good, but a bit a endorphin-generating exercise thrown in might help. High-intensity exercise can provide different benefits to low-impact exercise, even in small doses. I don't know you or your situation, so don't take this in a patronising way, but if you have a few minutes free, take a look at Gerald Ratner and the positive impact that cycling had in moving him on in life again.
Saturn23 m ago

All sounds good, but a bit a endorphin-generating exercise thrown in might …All sounds good, but a bit a endorphin-generating exercise thrown in might help. High-intensity exercise can provide different benefits to low-impact exercise, even in small doses. I don't know you or your situation, so don't take this in a patronising way, but if you have a few minutes free, take a look at Gerald Ratner and the positive impact that cycling had in moving him on in life again.

I don't think "pulling a Ratner" is the same as @Norseg pulling his pork. Then again...

PS. Some comments about High-Impact Intensity Training, & a very one-sided discussion from a vocal member about everything else...

[ hotukdeals.com/com…057 ]
@fanpages@Saturn

Skip to 3:24
This kinda fits well.
Edited by: "Norseg" 13th Jul
Norseg28 m ago

@fanpages @Saturn [Video] Skip to 3:24This kinda fits well.

34336073-nkDrH.jpg
Saturn8 m ago

[Image]

34336167-QdOHG.jpg
Some people appear to be beyond (accepting) help.
It's really slack by them not to expect massive amounts of people... it cost an arm and a leg for a bloody teddy normally, so many people can't warrant spending that amount on a teddy.
I’d rather go next day and pay full price. Straight in straight out making a mega saving.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants