people who bought the iPhone 11/iPhone pro from eBay currys “possible scam”

Posted 20th Oct
I suggest you check where your payment went as people are reporting it’s gone to

Shuel Rehman Salique

Apparently curry’s eBay account has been hacked and there main page redirects you to a unsecured fake page where it asks for you to login to your eBay account.

I would change your eBay password if you have purchased any iPhone from last night !!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Look what Currys just mailed me...

We are writing regarding your recent purchase made through the Currys PC World eBay store on 19th October 2019.

As you may be aware, there was an issue with your order last weekend. While the issue has now been resolved, it has meant that, due to reasons outside our control, we have not received the payment from PayPal for your order and are unable to fulfil this.

PayPal have told us they are processing a full refund into your account, and that this should be completed within 10 working days. They have advised if you have not received your refund within the timescale stated above, please raise an ‘item not received’ case via your PayPal account. 

While we don’t host this website ourselves and aren’t able to assist with the refund, we would like to offer you the below Currys PC World voucher for £50.00 for the experience you have had. This can be used in one of our stores or online at Currys.co.uk and we hope you can put it towards a future purchase with us. 
I’m in the same boat.

Purchased an open box IPad Pro for my son’s birthday. Got a text from Paypal asking me to confirm I’d sent a payment of £408 to this Shuel character. Thought the name was odd so checked my Paypal account. The transaction showed the seller as ‘Shuel Rehman Salique (Currys_PC world)’ so assumed this was the staff member who administered things at Curry’s end, so confirmed I’d made the payment.

I subsequently got an order confirmation and Currys even left me some positive feedback. However the item didn’t get despatched and as the delivery eta has now passed I went into my ebay account tonight and clicked ‘item not received’. At which point I got a message to say that there was possible account fraud and I should check the Paypal resolution centre for details. Seems someone has disputed the payment and eBay are waiting for a response from the seller...which seller i’m not sure!

The annoying thing is that I have had absolutely no contact from eBay, Paypal or Currys to date so this came as a bit of a shock. I have no idea where my cash is and it doesn’t look like the iPad will materialise. You would think that when they suspect that fraudulent activity has occurred they would at least warn the affected parties. Truly awful.

Thanks to this thread I at least have an inkling of what has gone down.
Edited by: "JF53" 24th Oct
I raised a case with the ICO yesterday and have been in contact with a journalist. I’ve shared a complete dossier of evidence showing the fake eBay login url, how the hacker updated the PayPal address to @tehtechguys.com (notice the spelling of ‘the’) and the various correspondence I’ve had with eBay, PayPal and PCWorld.

Fingers crossed someone at some point will have to raise their hand and admit they were at fault
253 Comments
No refund for me 2 weeks on. But at least ithings are now ‘under review by Paypal’ rather than waiting for a response from the seller.

I didn’t raise the dispute and have to date have still not received an e-mail from either ebay or Paypal to make me aware there is an issue with this payment. Seems that only Currys seem are interested in communicating with me. What a shower of muppets!
Edited by: "JF53" 4th Nov
Checked my Paypal account today and my refund has finally gone through so can re-order, Just in time for today’s 10% off promo.

Hope all those who’ve been caught up in this scam have either received their refunds or will do very shortly
My PayPal dispute is still ‘under review’ 😳
Ebay, Curry's and PayPal have surely had enough time to resolve the issue now so future purchases shouldn't be affected by this. However, hotukdeals is still not allowing posting of Curry's Ebay deals today, 2 weeks later.
They got hacked, which really sucks for them and for the people caught in the net, but it's a bit harsh that they're a banned seller for weeks.
(Also annoyed that my posted deal wasn't allowed, as I thought it was a really good Oculus Quest price, but heyho.)
Thanks guys.
S.R.S.
I also tried to post a deal yesterday for an iPhone 11 64GB from Currys PC World eBay store for £656 but it was blocked.

PayPal payment went to DSG Retail and the phone arrived this morning. It's a great deal for new, sealed UK stock.
I’m still waiting for a refund!
ant300012/11/2019 12:19

I’m still waiting for a refund!

That's crazy. Have you spoken to PayPal?
Freyalinia12/11/2019 12:33

That's crazy. Have you spoken to PayPal?

I’ve spoken with them and they are “actively working on it” and “I should receive a response in the next 2-3 days!”

It just become a bit of a weight around my neck
Finally received acknowledgment of my refund! Phew! (even if it is going to take up to 30 days!!
Edited by: "ant3000" 15th Nov
Hey all. It seems like the account is back fully in the hands of Currys/DSG and reading the above you've been receiving your refunds etc.

With that in mind we're now happy to allow Currys Ebay deals to be posted back on site. Anything though you want to raise please do.

Cheers
magicjay198623/11/2019 08:56

Hey all. It seems like the account is back fully in the hands of …Hey all. It seems like the account is back fully in the hands of Currys/DSG and reading the above you've been receiving your refunds etc. With that in mind we're now happy to allow Currys Ebay deals to be posted back on site. Anything though you want to raise please do. Cheers

Did they confirm to you that the account was compromised? From the way you have worded your comment it sounds like it, but officially they have refused to say anything.
jamie1523/11/2019 21:45

Did they confirm to you that the account was compromised? From the way you …Did they confirm to you that the account was compromised? From the way you have worded your comment it sounds like it, but officially they have refused to say anything.

Nope...not a thing. We think they resolved it a little while ago but we didn't want to rush to return them until we were absolutely sure things were back on track.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions