People who give low reviews to decent products, venues and services

Found 18th Apr
So one of my biggest annoyances are the never ending overly harsh low reviews on products, venues or services that are actually not that bad.
In my more gullible days these reviews from miserable depressed not been happy since England won in '66 sods had robbed me of some pretty good products or hotel stays because of their bad reviews.

You can be on Amazon and see the deal of the decade and it takes one review of someone saying theirs was poor quality for you to empty ya basket

Cantankerous sods tha bloomin' lot of ya
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
poseidonxxx1 h, 12 m ago

I think UKHOTDEALS should introduce a compulsory comments box next to the …I think UKHOTDEALS should introduce a compulsory comments box next to the vote cold option. For cold products only.A minimum of 12 words why it was voted negatively.

I think people who post on forums should at least know the correct name of the forum they are posting on.
I give this discussion 1-star.
Why do you feel the need to put "So" at the beginning of a sentence?
RossD8914 m ago

I like reading poor reviews which have little to do with the service or …I like reading poor reviews which have little to do with the service or products they paid for such as "product was damaged in post and had to send bak. Will neva use again".

Those are good, but even better are the questions & answers on Amazon products.It amuses me to see so many people reply with comments like "No idea" or "why are you asking me?"
34 Comments
What you described is called cherry picking. You did exactly that with reviews and excluded 99% of the positive ones
first world problem
deleted396333
People have different experiences with sellers/products.
That’s life.
A bit like Trip Advisor reviews of Holiday hotels . You have to apply an intelligent view on a number of posted opinions to come to a conclusion . No hotel has 100% positive reviews or 100% negative reviews, so make your decision aided by (but not compelled by ) these reviews .
Sadly on here too often members just press the hot or cold button without leaving a comment (often sheep voting) so giving no clues as to why the "deal" is good or bad (that's my pet bitch !)
Leaving reviews, good or bad, is big business. There are two ways to influence your company's profile... promote your product with good reviews and give your competition bad reviews. Or a combination of both. Ignore the 5 star reviews and the 1 star, read the rest. It's what I do and so far it's worked out OK.
I give this discussion 1-star.
Why do you feel the need to put "So" at the beginning of a sentence?
I like reading poor reviews which have little to do with the service or products they paid for such as "product was damaged in post and had to send bak. Will neva use again".
RossD8914 m ago

I like reading poor reviews which have little to do with the service or …I like reading poor reviews which have little to do with the service or products they paid for such as "product was damaged in post and had to send bak. Will neva use again".

Those are good, but even better are the questions & answers on Amazon products.It amuses me to see so many people reply with comments like "No idea" or "why are you asking me?"
Always take reviews with a hefty pinch of salt.

I used to love the reviews of my fave hotel in Egypt, which mainly moaned that they served beef bacon at breakfast and not pork and the hotel in Barcelona that had terrible reviews due to the hotel not protecting guests from pick pockets on the ramblas.
Just because you didn't find rat turd in the wardrobe in your cheap holiday hotel doesn't mean I didn't.
You ok hon?
jimmy_the_fridge31 m ago

Just because you didn't find rat turd in the wardrobe in your cheap …Just because you didn't find rat turd in the wardrobe in your cheap holiday hotel doesn't mean I didn't.

I hope you kicked Reepicheep back to Narnia.
Adult1 h, 29 m ago

I give this discussion 1-star.Why do you feel the need to put "So" at the …I give this discussion 1-star.Why do you feel the need to put "So" at the beginning of a sentence?

Must be a contestant from the quiz show Pointless.
The one I dislike on here is many users claiming to have had that exact item, washing machine for example, and claim they had it and this and that went wrong with it, when I think many just dislike budget brands and are determined it will be unreliable.

The best deal ever on here was the misco stationery deal, 60 x papermate pens for 9p a box, 10 rolls of packing tape for 50p and 8 permanent markers for 15p, many of us got about a thousand pounds worth it stationery for around £20 all delivered, I got 50 boxes of papermate pens, another 50 boxes of various branded pens at 6p a box loads of packing tape and note books etc, a lot I have now given away to family and friends. Many people missed out on the deal because for some strange reason it got voted cold.

33656880-cJm7P.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 18th Apr
My favorite is when I bought an access panel to hide some water pipes behind a kitchen cupboard.

amazon.co.uk/Acc…tch

Size is clearly in the title 200mm x 300mm (8 x 12 inch), description and the price reflects this.

1 star Review left
By S M Evershedon 24 December 2015
Verified Purchase
"Not what I needed for a ceiling hatch"
I think UKHOTDEALS should introduce a compulsory comments box next to the vote cold option. For cold products only.
A minimum of 12 words why it was voted negatively.
Edited by: "poseidonxxx" 18th Apr
RossD893 h, 1 m ago

It's surprising when you look at reviews for products on Amazon and see things like............'well packaged and quick delivery'. Nothing whatsoever to do with the product, it seems a lot of people can't distinguish between leaving a review for a product and leaving feedback for a seller.
deleted39633318th Apr

People have different experiences with sellers/products.That’s life.

Exactly. I've bought products I consider to be good quality and value with which have received pretty poor reviews and others with good reviews which I found to be ****.
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 18th Apr
poseidonxxx1 h, 12 m ago

I think UKHOTDEALS should introduce a compulsory comments box next to the …I think UKHOTDEALS should introduce a compulsory comments box next to the vote cold option. For cold products only.A minimum of 12 words why it was voted negatively.

I think people who post on forums should at least know the correct name of the forum they are posting on.
my favourites are the reviews where someone has bought a cheap alternative product the n complain it's poor quality because they are comparing it to some thing more expensive/ completely different.

There has always been a problem on HUKD of things that should be cold going hot and vice versa. Not the page fault just the user base who see the discount or vote on products they don't know about.
The reviews I hate are the stupid ones where people think 1 star is the highest mark, and they give a glowing report.
poseidonxxx1 h, 56 m ago

If that was to happen I reckon the same should be done for hot votes too
Adult4 h, 55 m ago

I give this discussion 1-star.Why do you feel the need to put "So" at the …I give this discussion 1-star.Why do you feel the need to put "So" at the beginning of a sentence?

Jumpingphil3 h, 26 m ago

So true.
Jumpingphil7 h, 46 m ago

I think people who post on forums should at least know the correct name of …I think people who post on forums should at least know the correct name of the forum they are posting on.

Feedback.....
33660122-nZ83C.jpg
Adult12 h, 10 m ago

Jumpingphil10 h, 41 m ago

fanpages7 h, 15 m ago

So true.

poseidonxxx19 m ago

Alas, the simple minded will always obsess over the messenger but will …Alas, the simple minded will always obsess over the messenger but will rarely understand the message.This thread is neither about me or my grammar. I assure you I make far more money than my English teacher ever did and probably have accumulated more than my Primary & Secondary combined. So if we are to get petty lets get very petty.Back on point: So one of my biggest annoyances are the never ending overly harsh low reviews on products, venues or services & people that troll other people's threads

It is a pity your vast wealth, &/or your education, did not provide you with a sense of humour.

OK, back on topic...

This thread could also be titled:

"People who I disagree with"
"People with a different opinion to me"
"People that are not me"
Oooh my first 'wheres ya handbag' back and forth on the internet
poseidonxxx5 m ago

...Does anyone know how much people are paid buy manufacturers...

I am quite good at spelling too.

Most products are provided free (by web sites, retailers, or manufacturers) to post positive reviews.
Alternatively, significant discounts on future purchases may be offered as an incentive.
fanpages5 m ago

I am quite good at spelling too.Most products are provided free (by web …I am quite good at spelling too.Most products are provided free (by web sites, retailers, or manufacturers) to post positive reviews.Alternatively, significant discounts on future purchases may be offered as an incentive.

Really?! Awesome. Do you have any links?
Look man, no offence intended. Was just trying to keep the audience energised and engaged. It's not like we released diss tapes of each other
33660264-6yyKx.jpg lol
Absolute bants in here
I browse reviews for laptops on Amazon and many of the negative reviews are usually written by people who haven't got a clue about what they are buying so then they are disappointed or people who don't know how to do the basics on a PC and blame the laptop for their inadequacies.

Also feedbacks on eBay... Some people leave negative feedbacks for silly reasons. Always use common sense when evaluating a seller, retailer etc.
Edited by: "hearts22" 19th Apr
You cant beat your own personal experience.

For instance, People on this forum swear by Samsung phones and computer parts such as Memory and SD cards - but i wont touch either of them due to poor customer service and faults i've had with them in the past. I do have a Samsung TV though and so far - its been fine.
I might have been unlucky, but as the saying goes "Once bitten, twice shy"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants