People's thoughts on Now tv?

Posted 29th Apr
I think it's a good service with a fair few deals & voucher codes to use throughout the year.Much better value than proper sky tv using a sky box!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

15 Comments
Yes, very good.
Over years they provide free if not super cheap monthly deals.
Streams are 720p unless you pay x amount for 1080p.

I noticed you also get Sky Sports News for free.
Been using nowtv for a couple of year now....always get deals for cheaper entertainment...movie package etc and not tied into contracts can cancel from month to month if you like...much more cheaper than sky itself(y)
rimalpatel00729/04/2020 16:47

Yes, very good.Over years they provide free if not super cheap monthly …Yes, very good.Over years they provide free if not super cheap monthly deals.Streams are 720p unless you pay x amount for 1080p.I noticed you also get Sky Sports News for free.

Yes I'm happy with the picture quality myself.3 new channels on entertainment pass next month too & I see they have switched nat wild to nat geographic.I have the blue lettered box with freeview built in.
Now TV is trash compared to other SVOD companies. Only 720p, way more expensive (have to pay for movies/sports/entertainment/kids etc.)

Netflix, Disney+, and Prime Video all cost £5.99 at full price with ways to get it cheaper available. All have better content than Now TV.

Now TV with a free pass is okay but even for free I struggle to find much good stuff on there.
Mich8ll829/04/2020 16:57

Been using nowtv for a couple of year now....always get deals for cheaper …Been using nowtv for a couple of year now....always get deals for cheaper entertainment...movie package etc and not tied into contracts can cancel from month to month if you like...much more cheaper than sky itself(y)

Yes think I'm on £1.60 for entertainment, £4 for cinema & paid £4 for 4 months of kids.I've heard people getting better deals even than this!
Ditched Sky in 2017 and have used Now Tv entertainment since. Ive never paid more than £4pm due to cheap Ebay vouchers, McD Monopoly, Now tv offers.

Currently paying £1.80pm for 3mths.

Movies I get a few times a year, again using a cheap offer. Just bought 1mth Sky movies for £3.49 from CDKEYS

Sports, normally pay £20pm when I need it based on when Man Utd are on TV.
Edited by: "ed1980" 29th Apr
I got few months of entertainment and movies. I watch portrait artist of the year with the gf (was only reason I did te £1.99 for 3 months deal) other than that we use Netflix mainly, or cinema HD.

So for me, it's a so so service. Not much on it that grabs my interest to watch.
I think nowTV would be useful for sports channels, movies/entertainment/kids wise it’s pretty useless, as Jamie mentioned above Netflix, Disney+ and Prime Video are much better alternatives. Sports is pretty useless too during this lockdown..
I’ve never received a NowTV deal from them after cancelling
Ukguy10129/04/2020 17:17

Yes think I'm on £1.60 for entertainment, £4 for cinema & paid £4 for 4 mo …Yes think I'm on £1.60 for entertainment, £4 for cinema & paid £4 for 4 months of kids.I've heard people getting better deals even than this!

Same for me...I’m on a £1.60 entertainment deal and a £1 movie deal at the moment...Total...£2.60 a month...it’s a no brainer(y)
NowTV could be improved with one simple addition.... Profiles.

I don't wanna watch the same rubbish as the Mrs (Good Doctor I'm sick of seeing you in my suggestions) or the kids programmes either.

I'm sure it would be fairly simple to do and mean that my 5 year old doesn't see IT whilst looking for Frozen.

If only there was a service with profiles and better picture quality for a decent price....
Wait there is? Every other provider!? Wow!
Ivor-NoReasonToCare29/04/2020 21:15

NowTV could be improved with one simple addition.... Profiles.I don't …NowTV could be improved with one simple addition.... Profiles.I don't wanna watch the same rubbish as the Mrs (Good Doctor I'm sick of seeing you in my suggestions) or the kids programmes either.I'm sure it would be fairly simple to do and mean that my 5 year old doesn't see IT whilst looking for Frozen.If only there was a service with profiles and better picture quality for a decent price....Wait there is? Every other provider!? Wow!

Today I noticed they added an additional option when pressing the red button, ability to add show to My List.
rimalpatel00729/04/2020 21:31

Today I noticed they added an additional option when pressing the red …Today I noticed they added an additional option when pressing the red button, ability to add show to My List.

Just a list of things to watch though. Not for the two/three screens that can view at a time.
I love it, although that might be because I've never had Sky TV so I've managed to spend the past six months watching all of those TV shows that I've never seen or haven't seen the latest seasons of. I've watched GoT, The Walking Dead, 200+ episodes of Modern Family, A.P. Bio, Pen15, Mrs Fletcher, The Trip to Greece, Nurse Jackie, Westworld, Legion, War Of The Worlds, The Righteous Gemstones, Eastbound & Down, Succession, 30 Rock, VEEP, Chernobyl and loads of other stuff all for just a few quid a month. I guess if you've had Sky TV for years then you might struggle to find decent shows that you haven't seen before, I think that NOWTV is fantastic value for money. Admittedly I often struggle to find any new movies that I want to watch, but then again when you can sometimes get free Cinema passes or buy them for as little as quid then I can't really complain.
It's always been the worst platform for me by a large margin. More issues than all the others combined.
But the content is fine and there are so many cheap deals that I put up with it.
Can't imagine paying full price though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions