Groups

Banned

19 Comments

I received those too and i don't even bank with them... I just report it as phishing

I'm with Egg and what makes me laugh is that any emails from them go straight in the spam folder and fake ones get through!!!

I thought I had the full collection - I didn't realise there were fake ones out there for Egg as well.:-D

Dear customer !As part of our security measures, we regularly screen … Dear customer !As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the Barclays system. We recently contacted you after noticing an issue on your account.Our system requires further account verification.Active here https://ibank.barclay.co.uk/olb/q/ We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for reading.

[SIZE="6"]Woo Hoo i aint with them phew better go update my details :-D[/SIZE]

Dear Valued Halifax® member:

Due to concerns, for the safety and integrity of the Halifax account we have
    issued this warning message.

It has come to our attention that your Halifax® account information needs to be
    updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to
    reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes
    out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into
    any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension.
    Please update your records on or before April 30, 2008.

Once you have updated your account records your Halifax account service
    will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

To update your Halifax® records click on the following link:
    angelydi.ipower.com/Gal…p/

Thank You.
    Halifax® Security Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Halifax Life Limited and Halifax Share Dealing Limited and St Andrew's Life Assurance plc are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. They are entered in the Financial Services Authority's Register and their Register Numbers are 169628, 119223, 171881 and 183332 and 189101. This is an English language site, all contracts will be in the English language only. Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Copyright ? 2008. All rights reserved.
    ==================================================================================================

Always a good thing to report them to Castlecops too:

castlecops.com/pirt

The last one from the halifax seems odd as the link to click on is actually the real halifax site

jackt - thats actually the proper halifax link? wonder how that works then?

lol - my one had a proper Barclays link and it came from a Barcalys email account

Isn't that just how the link appears? What I meanis if you move them to the spam folder you can see the real link that is hidden there. I thought that was how they got round it...

Tell me if I'm being a thickie but I thought they were different.

i had one of those ones from halifax and being a bit thick followed the link only when i went to type password in and it came up letters instead of stars did i click so called them sent them the email and changed all my details x

"

Dear Valued Lloyds TSB Customer,

True to our promise to keep your internet banking account safe and secure from fraudsters,our online security team has discovered Log Ons to your account from the following IPs : 200.164.72.212 , 200.171.124.197 , 201.6.121.78

Due to this,your internet banking has been blocked for your safety until you confirm your IP address Click Here To Confirm Your IP(s) .

Please understand that this is a new security measure brought in to Lloyds TSB for the security of your internet banking activities.

Thanks for your co-operation.

lloydstsb.com/med…ure _logo.gif>

Lloyds TSB Security Team
    Lloyds TSB Plc

©Lloyds TSB Bank plc and Lloyds TSB Scotland plc are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and signatories to the Banking Codes. FSA authorisation can be checked on the FSA's Register at: [url]www.fsa.gov.uk/register[/url]. Lloyds TSB Bank plc and Lloyds TSB Scotland plc are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Financial Ombudsman Service. Lloyds TSB Group plc. - Copyright © "

Dear Yorkshire Bank Customer,

Yorkshire Bank is maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal guidelines to guard your personal information against unauthorized access, we restricted some of our services for our clients, in order to be able to complete this process.
    At this time we need you to renew your online profile and update our existing database, in order to be able to use all the Yorkshire Bank services with no restriction. As soon as our database will be updated we will make a few anouncements to our customers regarding this notification, so please renew your online profile with no delay.

Please click the link below to verify your account and log in:

[url]www.ybonline.co.uk/secured/httpybonline.co.uk=updating/login.html[/url] .
    (Remember Failure to verify your account details may lead to account being Frozen for security Reasons)

Thank you.

Online Banking Security Team

?National Australia Group Europe Ltd. Use of the information contained on this page is subject to certain rules. View the Rules of Use here. View our Privacy Policy. Yorkshire Bank is a trading name of Clydesdale Bank PLC, which subscribes to the Business Banking Code.

X-ME-Bayesian: 12.908559

Banned

mrsevans101;2057512

Isn't that just how the link appears? What I meanis if you move them to … Isn't that just how the link appears? What I meanis if you move them to the spam folder you can see the real link that is hidden there. I thought that was how they got round it...Tell me if I'm being a thickie but I thought they were different.

Just hover your cursor over the link and the real link appears in the bottom corner of the email.

When I can be bothered, I report fake emails to the senders ISP.

Phishing scams always talk about the integrity of your account being compromised. My account's integrity is very much in tact, thankyou.

edit: And something is always past due too. No self-respecting English person would use that phrase.

BARCLAYS BANK PLC.
    CLAPHAM JUNCTION BRANCH,
    7 ST JOHNS HILL,
    SW 11 1 TN, LONDON
    [url]WWW.barclaysbank.co.uk[/url]

Attention : Beneficiary

REF:- INSTRUCTION TO CREDIT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

This is to notify you about the statue of your fund right now in my desk. After due vetting and evaluation of your Inheritance file which The Ministry of Finance of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Forwarded and contracted us to see to your immediate payment.
    From our findings you have been going through hard ways by paying alot of charges to see to the release of your fund ($25 000, 000, 00 ) which has been delayed.
    We advice that you stop further communication with any correspondence from Nigeria. You don't have to pay any charges to receive your Inheritance fund anymore as you have met up with the whole requirements, your representatives in Nigeria will tell you to still go ahead with them but on your own risk.
    The only thing required from you is to obtain Non-Resident Clearance Form/Reciept which we are not asking you to pay the fee to us here in United Kingdom as the Government of Nigeria have paid us for handling/processing of your payment with other customers.
    We will help you to see that you obatin the form so that our bank will effect immediate transfer of your inheritance sum ($25 000, 000, 00) in to your designated bank account.
    If you follow up our directives your fund will reflect in your account within five working Bank days from the day you obtain this form. Do not go through anybody again but through this Bank if you really want your fund.
    Please respond to my private email (bankbarclays67@yahoo.fr )
    Yours sincerely,
    Mr.John Rob
    Head, Private Banking Section.
    Barclays Bank Plc.

Unfortunately, your Online Access has been locked out.

To ensure your protection, we've now locked access to your accounts due to a mis-match of access details between your
    sign-on details. You now need to verify your Identity. You won't be able to gain access to your accounts until you've done this.

To verify your identity, kindly follow reference below and take the directions to instant activation. It would take less than five minutes.

online.bbandt.com/

Important Notice – You are to carefully match Sensitive details correctly to avoid service denial.

Thank you for banking with us.

Yours Sincerely,
    BB&T Bank Online®

Copyright © 2008, Branch Banking and Trust Company. All Rights Reserved.

ZENITH BANK PLC
    Rue 308 Reverend Pere,
    Colineau Contonou. Republic du Benin.
    Telephone: +229-93412717
    Fax: 229-93412717
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Dear Customer,

How are you together with your Family Today? Hope all is going normally, Dear our latest news to bring you today that our Federal Government has been aprove all the funds that was deposit to this bank to be Convert through ATM CARDS in which you can be easiry received it through the Atm Service Department here in benin republic.

Meanwhile your funds $850.000.00USD has been convert into the Atm Switch Cards which has been approve by the Government and the Switch Card code of the funds are stated below (4008b56) which you can use to struct like about $1,500.00 per day to any ATM Bank nearest you in your Country.

So we have make the arrangement to the Atm Department here in Cotonou Benin Republic to deliver your Atm Card to your destination address which take under 2working days to be reach to your address, Meanwhile you have to Contact them immediately and the only money you have to send to received your Card from them is the processing fee $120.00 only to received your Card from the Department ok.

Here is thier Contact address and you can Contact them with below information ;
    ATM UNCLIAMING DEPARTMENT COTONOU BENIN
    Manager:Mr.Attah Mike
    Tel/+229-93913542
    Fax/229-93696816
    E-mail: ([email protected])
    Contact them imediately and get back to us earier once you get intouch with them below is what they need to deliver your Card to your address;

Your Full Name......
    Country Locate........
    Home address...........
    Telephone................

Immediately you contact them you get back and let us know.

Thanks & God Bless
    Regards
    Dr.Dave Martin
    Director of the Zenith Bank Plc

Customer Service: Limited Access To Your Online Banking

Dear Member,

When signing on to Online Banking, you or somebody else have
    made several login attemps and reached your daily limit.

As an additional security measure your access to Online Banking
    has been limited. this web security measure does not affect your
    phone banking or ATM banking.

click on log in to Restore Your Account Access and follow the steps

Thank you for using Cahoot!

Cahoot Bank plc

© 2008

Dear Natwest Bank Customer:

It has come to our attention that your account billing updates are out of order. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your billing records you will not run into any future problems with the online service. However, failure to update your records will result in account termination. Please update your records as soon as possible.If you are the rightful holder of the account you must click the link below and then complete all steps from the following page as we try to verify your identity.
    [url]natwest.com/upd…120,00.html[/url]

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choise but to temporaly suspend your account.

Regards
    Natwest Bank,

Updating Department.

We will never contact customers via email asking to supply any confidential information, telephone or internet banking login details via email that is why we want you to verify your account by our internet automated machine.

Legal| Privacy| Security|Affiliates| Media| About us| Glossary
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764594
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3501268
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523463
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1636

See more discussions