Found 18th Jun 2008

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

how about ignoring crime?
that woud reduce it!

mclovin for PM.

Parents, the easy target. It always ****es me off when I hear on the news that parents will be prosecuted for things their kids do. Do people not take into account that these days mummy can't afford to stay at home and look after the kids as she did in the past? No I don't think they do. With the need for longer working hours, theres no surprise that parents are carp at the job these days.

For the record, Shengis has no kids, and doesn't want any :thumbsup:

Have more do-goers running around helping the criminals while castigating people who do not like being mugged, burgled, knifed and raped. Then get some politican to spin the figures to make it look that we live in a healthy, prosperous and moral society. Then, put the blame on their behaviour on parents, schools and everyone else but the person comming the crime. Then, for those poor souls, who have nothing better to do than cause hardship and distress for others, take them on holidays to Spain, give them tax payers money as pocket money, and buy each of them an ipod for behaving during a 24 hour period. That ought to do the trick.

I've taken my soapbox away now!

Anyone fancy a game of Hangman?

lumoruk;2337091

firing blanks? :?

Nope, but I don't deny practising on the private shooting range :oops: :lol:

Shengis;2337054

Parents, the easy target. It always ****es me off when I hear on the news … Parents, the easy target. It always ****es me off when I hear on the news that parents will be prosecuted for things their kids do. Do people not take into account that these days mummy can't afford to stay at home and look after the kids as she did in the past? No I don't think they do. With the need for longer working hours, theres no surprise that parents are carp at the job these days.For the record, Shengis has no kids, and doesn't want any :thumbsup:

Yeah but i think the target of the parent argument are the great unwashed.
That don't go to work, live of the tax payers cash.
Have about 5 kids, all different dads.
Appear on jeremy kyle.
Let their kids do what they want, and shout at anyone who criticises.

You should look at some of the nurserys and primary schools, you can already see the little thugs growing up into future criminals.

I get your point and could imagine it would be frustrating, but there has to be a large amount of the blame levelled at the parents for not installing proper manors and respect.

Don't agree with you Shengis, understand the reasoning but don't agree.

My mum went out to work as did my dad and there is no way I would have been allowed to act like some of these hoodlums. That was 50+ years ago. I could go and on and on. Seems to me a percentage of parents have given up discipline and kids these days think they know their rights.

It's probably still a small minority if the truth be known but because of the way the media exaggerate and lie about it that minority becomes the normal.
We all know that just one small group of skanks can up the crime levels by 100's of percents in a very short period of time.

Banned

Shengis;2337054

Parents, the easy target. It always ****es me off when I hear on the news … Parents, the easy target. It always ****es me off when I hear on the news that parents will be prosecuted for things their kids do. Do people not take into account that these days mummy can't afford to stay at home and look after the kids as she did in the past? No I don't think they do. With the need for longer working hours, theres no surprise that parents are carp at the job these days.For the record, Shengis has no kids, and doesn't want any :thumbsup:

Predikuesi;2337097

. Then, put the blame on their behaviour on parents,

So who should get the blame for jimmy 12 year old going round stealing cars, stabbing a few people etc?
Who should be teaching their children values and what is right and wrong?
If my 13 year old daughter starts doing anything seriously wrong I will accept the fact I have failed as a good parent to bring her up with respect, manners and knowing what is acceptable and what isn't.

hottoshop;2337338

Don't agree with you Shengis, understand the reasoning but don't agree.My … Don't agree with you Shengis, understand the reasoning but don't agree.My mum went out to work as did my dad and there is no way I would have been allowed to act like some of these hoodlums.

Yeah but we both know that back in the day you would have got a damn good hiding and sent to bed with no supper. Do that now and it's abuse.... So in effect, tie the parents hands and then blame them when they can't catch the baby:thinking:

I understand you viewpoint, but if you HAD been a hoodlum, do you think it right your parents should have suffered? If they were at work 9-5, assumed you went to school but you were actually out with your mates, doing whatever, is it really their responsibility? I know it is, but I think it's down to levels and what they CAN actually do in a given situation. If they're not there to stop you doing something because they're working or whatever, is that their fault?

colinsunderland;2337572

So who should get the blame for jimmy 12 year old going round stealing … So who should get the blame for jimmy 12 year old going round stealing cars, stabbing a few people etc?

Completely off the top of my head, is the answer Jimmy???

Predikuesi;2337097

Have more do-goers running around helping the criminals while castigating … Have more do-goers running around helping the criminals while castigating people who do not like being mugged, burgled, knifed and raped. Then get some politican to spin the figures to make it look that we live in a healthy, prosperous and moral society. Then, put the blame on their behaviour on parents, schools and everyone else but the person comming the crime. Then, for those poor souls, who have nothing better to do than cause hardship and distress for others, take them on holidays to Spain, give them tax payers money as pocket money, and buy each of them an ipod for behaving during a 24 hour period. That ought to do the trick.I've taken my soapbox away now!Anyone fancy a game of Hangman?

Sounds good :thinking:...

stratomaster;2337241

Yeah but i think the target of the parent argument are the great … Yeah but i think the target of the parent argument are the great unwashed.That don't go to work, live of the tax payers cash.Have about 5 kids, all different dads. Appear on jeremy kyle.Let their kids do what they want, and shout at anyone who criticises.You should look at some of the nurserys and primary schools, you can already see the little thugs growing up into future criminals.I get your point and could imagine it would be frustrating, but there has to be a large amount of the blame levelled at the parents for not installing proper manors and respect.

Absolutely agree Stratomaster, anyone who says parents are not to blame, should go to their nearest public nursery, and observe the way that some parents behave/speak in front of their kids, f-ing this f-ing that, they should be executed,.......Harsh, but fair

toconn;2337765

Absolutely agree Stratomaster, anyone who says parents are not to blame, … Absolutely agree Stratomaster, anyone who says parents are not to blame, should go to their nearest public nursery, and observe the way that some parents behave/speak in front of their kids, f-ing this f-ing that, they should be executed,.......Harsh, but fair

That's the problem. But what is the solution?

I'd target specific parent groups, maybe those on benefits, and link their benefits into parentcraft class attendance.

Maybe parentcraft classes introduced into schools as well, as a starter for 10

I'm willing to bet that capital punishment would be by far the best way to reduce crime if it was implemented again. As the Americans have demonstrated, it's not a deterrant by any means, but check your stats out - 98% of prisoners are reoffenders. This means that if they were all just executed the first time around, there'd be barely anyone comitting crimes, because they'd all be dead already.

Shengis;2337665

Yeah but we both know that back in the day you would have got a damn good … Yeah but we both know that back in the day you would have got a damn good hiding and sent to bed with no supper. Do that now and it's abuse.... So in effect, tie the parents hands and then blame them when they can't catch the baby:thinking:[COLOR="Blue"]It's a valid point Shengis but it kind of dismisses those parents that still manage to keep their kids on the straight and narrow.Those parents have the same constraints yet, and I still maintain this, the majority do do a good job. [/COLOR]I understand you viewpoint, but if you HAD been a hoodlum, do you think it right your parents should have suffered? If they were at work 9-5, assumed you went to school but you were actually out with your mates, doing whatever, is it really their responsibility? I know it is, but I think it's down to levels and what they CAN actually do in a given situation. If they're not there to stop you doing something because they're working or whatever, is that their fault?[COLOR="blue"]I've thought long and hard about that one and I think I have to come down on the viewpoint that yes, I do believe it is their responsibility. Any decent parent anyway would accept responsibility for their offspring probably way past school leaving age.I have two daughters in their thirties and if they, God forbid, did anything wrong even now I would feel responsible. TBH I don't think I've felt any different from day 1. After all I and their mother were the ones that taught them right from wrong from the start.[/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]See what worries me is that using your argument you are in effect putting the responsibility for your children's behavior firmly in the laps of teachers and the like. I believe that is what has actually been happening anyway by a growing percentage of parents.Schools are there to educate children for their coming adult lives surely not to act as parent, babysitter and the like ?I don't profess to being anything near the perfect parent as my daughters would no doubt tell you. i also don't profess to being right in this case, it's simply a point of view.Thanks for the discussion Shengis, as always it's good to hear from you [/COLOR]:thumbsup:

Banned

Shengis;2337665

Yeah but we both know that back in the day you would have got a damn good … Yeah but we both know that back in the day you would have got a damn good hiding and sent to bed with no supper. Do that now and it's abuse.... So in effect, tie the parents hands and then blame them when they can't catch the baby:thinking:

Well I never got a good hiding when I was younger, but that was possibly because my parents taught me not to be a little ****.

I understand you viewpoint, but if you HAD been a hoodlum, do you think … I understand you viewpoint, but if you HAD been a hoodlum, do you think it right your parents should have suffered? If they were at work 9-5, assumed you went to school but you were actually out with your mates, doing whatever, is it really their responsibility? I know it is,

There's your answer.

but I think it's down to levels and what they CAN actually do in a given … but I think it's down to levels and what they CAN actually do in a given situation. If they're not there to stop you doing something because they're working or whatever, is that their fault?

If you instill values into your children then I would suggest that they wouldn't be doing anything like that in the first place, and it wouldn't matter if you are there or not.
Why didn't you go out and burgle peoples houses when you were 13? Have you ever stabbed anyone? Why not?
When I used to live in a pretty rough council estate up here I have actually seen parents telling their kids to go and pinch some car radios so they can 'get some cans for tonight' and telling them if they get caught they'll just get a caution. I've also seen parents giving their teenage kids cans of lager to drink on the streets, and drugs.

Completely off the top of my head, is the answer Jimmy???

Possibly, but possibly not, it would depend on the situation.

toconn;2338048

I'd target specific parent groups, maybe those on benefits, and link … I'd target specific parent groups, maybe those on benefits, and link their benefits into parentcraft class attendance.Maybe parentcraft classes introduced into schools as well, as a starter for 10

Oh please so are you trying to suggest that parents who are on benefits that there kids are mostly likely to turn out bad?

Thats like me saying most knife/gun crimes and robbery is commited by black people :whistling:

A-n-d-y if you read my post, I'm suggesting a method by which may benefit society, and help those parents who may not have skills to be successful parents, the key word in the original post is 'maybe'.

I take it you are in disagreement with this view, what would you suggest as an approach ?

A-n-d-y;2339694

Oh please so are you trying to suggest that parents who are on benefits … Oh please so are you trying to suggest that parents who are on benefits that there kids are mostly likely to turn out bad?Thats like me saying most knife/gun crimes and robbery is commited by black people :whistling:

is the whistle for comic effect?
i.e are you joking?

Banned

lumoruk;2343938

Unfortunately in America and on American crime shows here they make an … Unfortunately in America and on American crime shows here they make an effort to make the majority of their clips be of black men. Though statistics prove whites do just as much crime, it's just the public's perception because of the racist producers/directors of these shows.

got a link to the stats?

Banned

thanks

lumoruk;2344063

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/rdsolr3305.pdflast year stats … http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/rdsolr3305.pdflast year stats show mixed raced are more likely to offend but I think we can all understand that, blacks have committed less crime than whites, lifetime offences show whites have committed more crime than mixed race, and blacks, but I guess if you put those two together then it is more than whites alone. Then if you add asian's.....okay then you have to think about population of whites, blacks, Asians and mixed okay i've lost my argument.

:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604823
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769552
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247659
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA22133

See more discussions