Groups
    EXPIRED

10 Comments

Venn diagrams -
    i would firstly draw a large rectangle. Put a horizontal line through the mid - the top half is alone, the bottom is not alone.
    Then put 3 Vertical even lines across, so there are 16 squares, 4 at the top, 4 at the bot.
    Then the first columned on is bus, 2nd columned is bike, 3rd columned is walk, and 4th columned is car.

ORRRR
    you could try the traditional oval way:

Draw a large square with a circle inside at the centre - circle is alone, outside is not alone.
    Split the giant square into 4 evenly squares, so the lines go through the circl's centre.
    Call each square bus, bike walk and car. Done

I like the traditional way better i guess

a bit like this, en.wikipedia.org/wik…svg cept theres a forth corner in the top left

It's been quite a while since I have done these now. I think this is how it should look:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/171/vennlq3.jpg

For example: Where blue cross is = Takes bus alone

and where green cross is = takes bike not alone

ahhh i see, yeah venn diagrams are all about ovals and circles, so my pick would still be the second one. Tbh that kinda made me think a bit - and this is coming from a maths uni student

100 years since I attempted this but is it something like this ??

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/ordinaryphotos/VENN.jpg

[SIZE="7"][CENTER][COLOR="Red"]FAIL ![/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

lol at all of us getting different solutions... to a year 4 question !!!

Mine is wrong I've just been told by a smart r's 15 year old.

Looking at it now for the OP.

i strangely still stand by my 2nd traditional like solution (well change the giant square to a giant circle for super-traditional way). Any corroboration here while others get a better one?

starsparkle2311;3689018

tell me about it, she's had to do homework about newspapers, naming the … tell me about it, she's had to do homework about newspapers, naming the font, and font size, were just some of the questions asked. She's 8 for goodness sake!!!!

arr yes, the response that education is dumbing down :thumbsup:

I've been told that Russ's diagram above is correct.

Off now for the paracetemol !!

starsparkle2311;3689071

lol, thanks, off to draw it now!!!! Thanks for your help, thanks to your … lol, thanks, off to draw it now!!!! Thanks for your help, thanks to your kid too!!!:thumbsup:

No worries, and the kid ? he's grounded with no tea for making me look a plonker :oops::oops: (Not hard I might add, lol)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764303
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846208
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions