Groups
    EXPIRED

12 Comments

Didnt know posties worked at all :thinking:

My dad works for the post office which is seperate from royal mail but they have'nt been advised of any sunday deliveries when taking in mail. It could be dependant on area.

They are in Greater Manchester, my post office is open and Royal mail will be doing deliveries.

No Sunday deliveries.

There is usually post on the Sunday before Christmas in the North East of England
    and the local sorting office is open Sunday afternoon for collections

nikkib123;3818140

I though the postmen worked for Royal Mail???Me confused!

They do, don't they?

If I understand it correctly, the Post Office is an independant organisation that sells stamps and that can accept mail, but it's all handed over to the Royal Mail who are the guys that pick it up from them, sort it, and deliver it. I guess it's sort-of like how Carphone Warehouse sells phones as an agent of O2 and whoever else.

dxx;3818610

They do, don't they?If I understand it correctly, the Post Office is an … They do, don't they?If I understand it correctly, the Post Office is an independant organisation that sells stamps and that can accept mail, but it's all handed over to the Royal Mail who are the guys that pick it up from them, sort it, and deliver it. I guess it's sort-of like how Carphone Warehouse sells phones as an agent of O2 and whoever else.

Royal Mail owns Post Office Ltd. which is a subsidiary company. Actual delivery is handled by the parent company Royal Mail.

And before anyone asks, no I don't work for them.

I read on the RM site that there is going to be Sunday deliveries, also in some areas there will be 2 lots of post being delivered on Monday and Tuesday. hth

I had a christmas card from Royal Mail, saying they will deliver packets/parcels on Sunday. I live in Birmingham.

direct from royalmail.com

[COLOR="Red"]To make sure that you receive all your packages we’ve introduced new evening deliveries on Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd December. We’ve also introduced Sunday Redeliveries on Sunday 21st December[/COLOR]

So looks like it :-D

unknownuser;3818892

Royal Mail owns Post Office Ltd. which is a subsidiary company. Actual … Royal Mail owns Post Office Ltd. which is a subsidiary company. Actual delivery is handled by the parent company Royal Mail.And before anyone asks, no I don't work for them.

Ah, I see. Have a bit of rep for your trouble.

no deliveries on sunday, only redeliveries.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553760
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826345
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767183
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714459

See more discussions