Found 19th Feb 2009

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
27 Comments

I would report them to ebay as infringing on one of their policies, damn scamsters:x

Here is the link:

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

m8 i really dont see why he need's to be grassed on, 1) its down to the buyer to do the checks, just like your mate was smart enough to do and 2) it's classed as '' Repairable total loss vehicles where repair costs including VAT exceed the vehicle's pre-accident value '' so by the looks of it, its been repaired @ his own cost or atleast some cost to him, i mean yea maybe he should mention it but surely he dont have to, or does he ?

Not much of a scam, i'll bet half the cars on ebay have been cat C or D at some point. The ones that **** me off are the sellers offering 'repairable accident damaged, unrecorded'.

Dub1;4427393

m8 i really dont see why he need's to be grassed on, 1) its down to the … m8 i really dont see why he need's to be grassed on, 1) its down to the buyer to do the checks, just like your mate was smart enough to do and 2) it's classed as '' Repairable total loss vehicles where repair costs including VAT exceed the vehicle's pre-accident value '' so by the looks of it, its been repaired @ his own cost or atleast some cost to him, i mean yea maybe he should mention it but surely he dont have to, or does he ?

Well he is a dealer going by his finished items:whistling:

no law against this i dont think, as long as he has had the (VIC) done via vosa or atleast the person he got it from, then its all good to go, this is what mycarcheck.com states. If you wish to purchase a vehicle included in a car accident report then you must declare this to your insurance company, otherwise they may not pay out in the event of an accident or claim if this had not been made known to them when you were first insured. Remember insurance companies do not check vehicles before they insure them for adverse car history or car damage reports, it is down to the vehicle owner to do this.

m8 im sorry but i would do a HPI check on any car i was even going to think of bidding on, unless it was a cheap peice of junk run around, what he is doing is not nice, but he aint breaking no rules, the buyer himself/herself should of a HPI before bidding

Carley;4427430

He has changed the auction wording this time around to include£100 non … He has changed the auction wording this time around to include£100 non refunderble deposit via paypal.This is obviously an attempt to make sure he doesn't feel the need to get out of a sale next time around, my mate won the auction paid the deposit then did the HPI check, (you wouldn't do a HPI check until after you knew the car was yours would you) and this extra wording makes it difficult to back out once you find out about the Cat C.The fact that it is Cat C makes the value much less than a clean car.

Carley;4427430

The fact that it is Cat C makes the value much less than a clean car.

It's 10 years old, its worth ****** all anyway :lol:

look's as do ebay has pulled the auction lol

to be honest i really didnt see the problem, car looks superb to me
http://www.bigmouthstrikesagain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/2215600420_c2b33af681.jpg

the only thing id say would be taking a bit to far is not giving the info needed or blanking out the plate, as then a HPI check couldnt be done if he didnt give the reg number etc

Banned

My last 2 cars have been one cat c, and one cat d (or whichever is one less damaged than c!) (when purchased), repaired by my dad with no ill effects. My current car is clean, but it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't.

Stop being a grass, and in the nicest possibly way, keep your nose out. The seller was fair with you and refunded without questioning, so just leave him to it ffs.

Carley;4427497

£1,350 on the last auction and currently over a grand, fact is it should … £1,350 on the last auction and currently over a grand, fact is it should be half that as a cat c... he is deliberately withholding information :x

That's not a fact, you just made that up:p :w00t:

Banned

Carley;4427497

£1,350 on the last auction and currently over a grand, fact is it should … £1,350 on the last auction and currently over a grand, fact is it should be half that as a cat c... he is deliberately withholding information :x

you need to research your prices more as you are talking absolute rubbish.

vibeone;4427561

My last 2 cars have been one cat c, and one cat d (or whichever is one … My last 2 cars have been one cat c, and one cat d (or whichever is one less damaged than c!) (when purchased), repaired by my dad with no ill effects. My current car is clean, but it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't.Stop being a grass, and in the nicest possibly way, keep your nose out. The seller was fair with you and refunded without questioning, so just leave him to it ffs.

The seller is lying....and whatever the age i am sure i wouldnt like to buy...if he lies about this what else is he lying about? Im with the OP on this one. His ,ate is also out of pocket!

Banned

I sent the guy a message regarding it (dont ask why)

Got quite a rude message back, along the lines off...

"Well how about you keep your nose out ar*sehol* . If its of no interest to u leave it alone, i havnt dun any checks, thats up to the buyer, why should i waiste £16.00 anyway u wont be buying it even if it ends on a 5er"

Exact Quotes!

Banned

louloo;4427593

The seller is lying....and whatever the age i am sure i wouldnt like to … The seller is lying....and whatever the age i am sure i wouldnt like to buy...if he lies about this what else is he lying about? Im with the OP on this one. His ,ate is also out of pocket!

Based on the info here... I wouldn't buy it either - because as you rightfully suggest, what else is he lying about.

However, this has got nothing to do with the OP, and if a buyer doesn't HPI a car, to be honest they get what they deserve.

THis is just a witch-hunt against a probably-dubious guy, but ultimately not doing an awful lot wrong.

Banned

Dimitar Berbatov;4427607

I sent the guy a message regarding it (dont ask why)Got quite a rude … I sent the guy a message regarding it (dont ask why)Got quite a rude message back, along the lines off..."Well how about you keep your nose out ar*sehol* . If its of no interest to u leave it alone, i havnt dun any checks, thats up to the buyer, why should i waiste £16.00 anyway u wont be buying it even if it ends on a 5er"Exact Quotes!

I think maybe you should get your mummy onto him for using that kind of language. You are hardly a buying-and-selling-saint yourself are you Berb's

Banned

That guy made that up check my posts, i aint got no mum :thumbsup:

At the end of the day it all depends why it was given Cat C in the first place. It could have been something as simple as the owner reversing into a bollard. A new back bumper with spraying etc would cost more than the car is worth :lol:

Cat C : Beyond economical repair.
Cat D : Within economical repair, but screw you we're not paying to have it done :lol:

And now bidding is private so the winning bidder can't even be warned. Well done people

Carley, I suggest your mate leaves a neg and points out the cars a CAT C.

vibeone;4427610

Based on the info here... I wouldn't buy it either - because as you … Based on the info here... I wouldn't buy it either - because as you rightfully suggest, what else is he lying about.However, this has got nothing to do with the OP, and if a buyer doesn't HPI a car, to be honest they get what they deserve.THis is just a witch-hunt against a probably-dubious guy, but ultimately not doing an awful lot wrong.

Erm isnt it illegal to sell a car without telling the buyer that it is a cat c / cat d?

Looking at the guys feedback I wouldn't buy anything off him, seems dodgy as. I wouldnt buy a cat c even if it was cheap as chips, you never know what is wrong with it and normally a cat c quite badly damaged that can never be fixed properly

Shengis;4431898

290297516646And now bidding is private so the winning bidder can't even … 290297516646And now bidding is private so the winning bidder can't even be warned. Well done people :)Carley, I suggest your mate leaves a neg and points out the cars a CAT C.

the winning bidder shows after auction doesnt it?

i would def email him-i dont believe its poking your nose in-look at what he has sold before? lol hes a big scammer:x

louloo;4432590

the winning bidder shows after auction doesnt it?

Not on private auctions. He's deliberately listed it as private so the winner can't be traced. Private auctions (unless they're for 'adult' bits) should always start the alarm bells ring for potential bidders.

Shengis;4432820

Not on private auctions. He's deliberately listed it as private so the … Not on private auctions. He's deliberately listed it as private so the winner can't be traced. Private auctions (unless they're for 'adult' bits) should always start the alarm bells ring for potential bidders.

lol well my alarms would be loud and clear looking at his completed:roll:

I emailed ebay too so i hope they listen..

Best bet is to report him as a trader as he's breaching ebays t&c's by not being registered as a business.

I saw a nice private car last night 2004 5.5l SL600. £20k for cash. Insurance is only about 1k. If only petrol wasn't so expensive....:thinking:

http://i22.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/32/85/d14f_1.JPG

Is the alpina the car that was Cat C ?
Cant you just complain to the bay again?

Banned

Chidda;4432059

Erm isnt it illegal to sell a car without telling the buyer that it is a … Erm isnt it illegal to sell a car without telling the buyer that it is a cat c / cat d?Looking at the guys feedback I wouldn't buy anything off him, seems dodgy as. I wouldnt buy a cat c even if it was cheap as chips, you never know what is wrong with it and normally a cat c quite badly damaged that can never be fixed properly

I'm not sure whether its illegal, though I (obviously) don't think it is.

However, based on the utter nonsense you posted about cat c cars - I suggest you haven't got a clue either

Agreed that the seller is dodgy though - but thats up to buyer to notice. Nowt to do with us...
Post a comment
@
    Text