Groups

51 Comments

i've got a canadian accent mixed with a little welsh.i get asked every day"where in ireland are you from" figure that one out

I have no accent

People outside the region seem to know I'm from the North somewhere....I don't always get Geordie though. People from here in Newcastle often ask where I am originally from lol. I'm told by people closer to me I lapse in and out of being Geordie/posh...so I guess I don't know what my accent is lol

West of scotland

the best, in other words.

i have a london accent x

starsparkle2311;4774504

have to agree there.......grexy babes

cheers, sparkly babes :thumbsup:

my "native" accent is similar to a weegie one, which apparently doesnt fair too well in the Poll of accents as I read recently.

I have made some adjustments to it and now its a smooth Sean Connery sounding accent.....not identical in sound with the "sh" mind you....but a lot clearer...lol

Tinkytayls;4774497

i have a london accent x

is that a "sarf" London accent or are we talking plums in the gob type accent? :?

i've got a cornish accent and cant disguise it very well.
    its a bit diificult on the phone when i'm trying to put on my 'posh' voice,and people still think i'm some sort of common farmer type
    (sound a bit like hyacinth bucket now dont i)

I get told that I sound like I am from Eastenders, which - being from East London - I guess isn't too surprising :giggle:

I just finished Martina Cole's 'Maura's Game' and I loved that i Knew all the places and the slang!

I have a Peterborian accent, but apparently I sound posh and then sometimes people think I sound Australian. I am not posh and I am not Australian lol

North East, not geordie.

When i go anywhere in the country outside of the north east I get told I have a very strong accent. People here sometimes struggle to understand me!

I was born in Liverpool, raised in Wrexham and now live in Bolton so my accent is a mixture of all. I have been accused of talking posh and have a great telephone voice. We should record ourselves reading something to give each other a giggle... Or help insomniacs maybe?

mod

Strong Wigan accent. Don't you know?

starsparkle2311;4774777

gee, I tell you what, I love her books, I look forward to reading them, … gee, I tell you what, I love her books, I look forward to reading them, they always keep me gripped, 3 days of non-stop reading, harrowing, gruesome, whatever!!!!!!!!!! I love them all!!!!!!!!I'm reading Close at the mo', upto chapter 4, not getting it, but Martina I'm sure, will grab me by chapter 6!!!!

That's the first I've read of hers, am truly hooked now - getting Dangerous Lady next

andywedge;4774856

Strong Wigan accent. Don't you know?

dave whelan ?, all lancs' sound t'same.

I find it difficult to know the difference between an yorkshire and lancs accent most of the time.

starsparkle2311;4774878

tell me about it, I don' speak broad Alnwick, I'm a freak, quite posh, … tell me about it, I don' speak broad Alnwick, I'm a freak, quite posh, but ouside Alnwick, near London, I'm, either Scottish, Irish, even Swedish,drives me mad!!!!!!!!!!!Even in Alnwick, I don't belong, I don't worry too much about that tho'.lol, but go to Newcastle, I'm a total outcast, sheepshagger by all accounts, to me that's Wooler peeps , but whatever................

People from outside of Northumberland think we all take part in that rural activity. Those of us from Northumberland know it is just Wooler :thumbsup:

Soziberry;4775008

I find it difficult to know the difference between an yorkshire and lancs … I find it difficult to know the difference between an yorkshire and lancs accent most of the time.

aye, but Bolton (uz lot) have a very strong areet dialect, a la billy shannon. Yorks is alot more sophisticated, but i sithee meaning ;-)

I'd say my accent is fairly neutral with the occasional westcountry twang!

Was it Karl Pilkington who claimed he 'thought' in his accent too? :oops:

I work with a few yorkshire folks and also travel to the Mancs land, and both are clearly different imo.....

and both difficult to understand at first....lol

I am Bolton's Mrs Bucket lol

StevenA2000_uk;4774534

my "native" accent is similar to a weegie one, which apparently doesnt … my "native" accent is similar to a weegie one, which apparently doesnt fair too well in the Poll of accents as I read recently.I have made some adjustments to it and now its a smooth Sean Connery sounding accent.....not identical in sound with the "sh" mind you....but a lot clearer...lol

some people think I sound scouse, others say welsh, my friends just say I sound posh.

starsparkle2311;4775158

James Bond then? yeh, well ..................you see that Halle Berry, … James Bond then? yeh, well ..................you see that Halle Berry, that's me that is...............

lol...not quite James Bond....just a clear non-weegie accent....:p

.... and I'm not a fan of Halle Berry....

I won't say anything about ellesmere port then.............. lol

Trickyjabs;4775068

I'd say my accent is fairly neutral with the occasional westcountry … I'd say my accent is fairly neutral with the occasional westcountry twang!Was it Karl Pilkington who claimed he 'thought' in his accent too? :oops:

Do you not think in your own voice??? I do...so therfore it's my accent. :thinking:

starsparkle2311;4775178

why non-weegie, I like the Scots accent, if that's what you're referring … why non-weegie, I like the Scots accent, if that's what you're referring to!

lol...no, the weegie accent is quite specific. And while I dont mind my accent when its like that, sometimes people cant understand what I'm saying so I have to speak clearer (and sometimes slower) for those who take some time in listening and understanding.

starsparkle2311;4775185

best not!!!!!!!! lol, nowt that hasn't been said before,lol, hey they … best not!!!!!!!! lol, nowt that hasn't been said before,lol, hey they have ASDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

my ex used to work in the gamestation in ellesmere port, and my dad works for vauxhalls, lol. everyone round their seems to like pasties lol

starsparkle2311;4775221

I went to Loch Inch? when I was kid, fabulous memories, also skiiied on … I went to Loch Inch? when I was kid, fabulous memories, also skiiied on the Cairngorms, wow such is my travelling, I loved it!!!!!!!!!As for Halle Berry,only know her, 'cos I woke upto her on top of Billy Bob last night,lol, what was that film? I fell asleep after her orgasm,lol

That would be where the banging is coming from then! lol

starsparkle2311;4775230

can't be as bad as the London accent I got after phoning Southern … can't be as bad as the London accent I got after phoning Southern electric, innit? I laughed, it was worse than the Asian/indian accent, hello madam, I had to say, hello say that again?

London isnt so bad, theres loads of ignorant people n all that, but I actually like the place....:thumbsup:

starsparkle i have got the same accent as martina we are both essex girls lol

starsparkle2311;4775243

I loved London, great place to escape and forget … I loved London, great place to escape and forget yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Melting pot of nutters!!!!!!!!!!!Loved being there muchly

I once spent the weekend in Hackney......it reminded me of that Kurt Russell film "Escape from New York"......

was fun tho... :-D

Deep masculine Scottish accent, chicks dig it. :thumbsup:

starsparkle2311;4775265

I instantly love you............

:-D aww
    i should send you a little .wav

too right! ;-)

SS where's your current pegg pic from?

starsparkle2311;4775290

wave back, luv ya

lol you are cute funny awww i meant a sound .wav
    check your messages starsparkle

StevenA2000_uk;4774534

my "native" accent is similar to a weegie one, which apparently doesnt … my "native" accent is similar to a weegie one, which apparently doesnt fair too well in the Poll of accents as I read recently.I have made some adjustments to it and now its a smooth Sean Connery sounding accent.....not identical in sound with the "sh" mind you....but a lot clearer...lol

mine is similar, a year living in central edinburgh knocked the common weegie west of scotland twang out of me. all my mates now think I talk rather posh though i have slipped back into a few hawd on's every now and again.

Watched how to lose friends and alienate people last night was goood!!!

starsparkle2311;4775346

funny thing is, I always imagined you with a scottie accent, cool, in my … funny thing is, I always imagined you with a scottie accent, cool, in my books, not that means anything to you......................

I'll take that as a compliment. i thought you'd have sort of cheeky geordie type accent but not so rough that nobody could make out a word your saying. either way your posts are cool so keep up the good work fella.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767390
      2. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1115
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047152
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2485

See more discussions