Groups

Banned

19 Comments

lol...i'm no good at using the search facility either. Like you say it's either naff or I just can't work out how to do it properly.

Cause your using it

imranmaz;4840772

or we need a sticky on how the hell it works

Most mods have this in their signature: hotukdeals.com/ite…51/

Or you can use google and add 'site:[url]www.hotukdeals.com[/url]' to the query...

Use this instead> ]http//hu…ch/

Someone made it a while back because the search on here is so bad.

PS Its because the spelling is "Philips" not "Phillips"!!

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4840790

]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/343704/philips-power2go-rechargable-power-/Easy enough.

+1.

It helps if you spell Philips correctly. Took 20 seconds to find the thread.

thesaint rules "User error".

If you aren't sure of the spelling, use regular Google with "site:www.hotukdeals.com" (not Gary's page as it probably won't recommend spelling corrections...)

I just use advanced search; the other one i cba with.

Merchant : ASDA.com Stores, put philips in the search, gives me a list of threads by last posting date.

That thread was right at the top.

The way threads are listed isn't that good, would be much better if the user could sort the results based on column like most of the other pages. And the investment of a google-search server for the site would be very nice...

emasu;4840807

I just use advanced search; the other one i cba with.Merchant : ASDA.com … I just use advanced search; the other one i cba with.Merchant : ASDA.com Stores, put philips in the search, gives me a list of threads by last posting date.That thread was right at the top.

Yes I choose 'deal' too. Thought some speedy member would choose the top one so I choose the next one down:-D

mod

I must admit that at first I found the search function tricky, to say the least. And I must further admit that if it wasn't for The Saints help I probably still would. I still have trouble searching for "Dr" (as in Dr+Who.). And don't get me started on looking for The The CD's. LOL. But that's the same with ANY search function on any website.

andywedge;4840832

I must admit that at first I found the search function tricky, to say the … I must admit that at first I found the search function tricky, to say the least. And I must further admit that if it wasn't for The Saints help I probably still would. I still have trouble searching for "Dr" (as in Dr+Who.). And don't get me started on looking for The The CD's. LOL. But that's the same with ANY search function on any website.

I helped you out? Damn, my son must've logged in on my account!

(+dr* +who)

For The The CD's you'll probably need ]google!

imranmaz;4840772

this phillips charger thing... i think its from asda and cost about … this phillips charger thing... i think its from asda and cost about 10...but that particular instance is besides the point... the search is ****. or we need a sticky on how the hell it works

Alas the search is only as good as the words people put into their deal posts.

Earlier I could not for the life of me find a google adwords voucher that had been posted. The reason was because the poster had not even included the words [COLOR=Red]google [/COLOR]or [COLOR=Red]adwords [/COLOR]in the actual post!

Jumpingphil;4840889

Doesn't seem to work.Brings up anything with "dr" in the title, but seems … Doesn't seem to work.Brings up anything with "dr" in the title, but seems to ignore the inclusion of "who".Edit. Is who, the, and why Etc. words that get ignored when doing a search?

Sorry, it seems like you need to include an * after the "who" as well. So +dr* +who*.
    Too tired to figure out why. :lazy:

I always use "advanced search" btw.

Banned

I believe people have been suspended for this

nice to see common sense prevail

gary rips search is awesome
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Marvel characters69
      2. LG G4 Replacement22