Groups

Banned

27 Comments

Go for it. Get a big stick to hit people with, legally! :thumbsup:

Banned

i think your having a laugh lol

I always wanted to do the same..........go for it:thumbsup:

not if you want your friends to be honest with you

To be honest, I assumed you were joking as well just because it doesn't seem an obvious route for an IT professional.

John

depends why you are joining to be honest. If it is to help decide if you want to join the "regulars" then go for it. If its for a power trip, dont. if its to help make the place a little bit safer for everyone, then you are OK in my book and best of luck to you

imranmaz;4922749

lollll! see that guy hit that lady?! so bad!

She was gobbing off to him though.

imranmaz;4922795

its not a career change... its volunteer work. and i'm a BA at work

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/a-team-ba.jpg

Trickyjabs;4922744

Go for it. Get a big stick to hit people with, legally! :thumbsup:

Specials only get the inflatable truncheons and different modes of transport im afraid

http://www.comedy-zone.net/pictures/images/signs/150503/speedcop.jpg

wow, hes on a babybike with a gun!!

ADZ1478;4922959

wow, hes on a babybike with a gun!!

:?:?

imranmaz;4922828

its just so i can give back to the community. on the way home from … its just so i can give back to the community. on the way home from holidays yesterday three guys were beating up another guy and i stopped the fight and made sure the dude got on a bus before i left. that's what reminded me that i was looking at this before i started work.I wanted to see how high pressure work was before i committed to this.

I do things like that too and I'm five foot nothing and female. I wouldnt ever even think of being a police person though! That cant be your only reason x

imranmaz;4924407

I'm 6 foot and weigh 13 stone, am in great shape. I really just want to … I'm 6 foot and weigh 13 stone, am in great shape. I really just want to do something worthwhile with some of my spare time. thought about volunteering at a local charity shop (which i still might do too) but i thought working in the met would be mutually beneficial, i get great training, do exciting work, helps to keep in shape, looks great on a CV, improve important skills, other htings that are a bonus is free travel and the knowledge that my family/friends/gf might feel a little safer with me around. i know they did and still do when i did a first aid course. I've helped about 10 people in serious situations since doing that course.I give blood too... things like this just make me happy... plus a little part of me thinks that if i do this for someone then someone might do it for me one day when i really need it :thumbsup:

Then at least you're doing it for a lot of good reasons x x

Being a special constable of 15 years i can recommend this voluntary activity.

There is lots and lots of BS about what we can do etc. Don't believe any of it. Officers have the same powers and responsibilties as their full-time counterparts throughout England and Wales.

Look at your local force's website for open evenings and go along and judge for yourself. The Specials are a different group of people who feel that they can offer their time to help make their community safer, nothing more noble than to stand up and be counted in my opinion!

Just to note you will benefit from being Special even if you are not looking to be a "regular"

Short note about the free travel issue, check very carefully as far as i am aware Specials do not qualify for this "perk" that full-time officers get

go for it.... my hubby used to be one and now hes joined full time.....

Try [url]www.scstuff.co.uk[/url] or contact your local Force - every force has a Specials co-ordinator who can talk you through everything you need to know..

Banned

illegitimi_uk;4925021

Short note about the free travel issue, check very carefully as far as i … Short note about the free travel issue, check very carefully as far as i am aware Specials do not qualify for this "perk" that full-time officers get

Not true. Specials get it also (unless its just the BTP)

Imran - BTP is probably a good option.. worth looking at.

OP are you suffering an identity crisis. Before opening the thread in the listing you are Imranmaz. When the post is opened you are Bykergrove. Or should we shout multi..... LOL

:-D

go for it mate :thumbsup: you will just be wondering what it would be like if you didnt

guv;4966659

Not true. Specials get it also (unless its just the BTP)Imran - BTP is … Not true. Specials get it also (unless its just the BTP)Imran - BTP is probably a good option.. worth looking at.

The "free travel" - is Force Specific

Banned

packard;4981381

The "free travel" - is Force Specific

Sorry, not sure what you mean. Someone said Specials didnt get free travel. I was just stating BTP do. (Or were you saying some BTP area's don't?)

BTW - Byker (That seems so wrong!) - the BTP Chief Commisioner is the president of my littleuns Football Club. Met him a fortnight ago when they had a "Horse Race Evening". (Him - and Steve Bennett - the Premier Ref.)

Banned

ADZ1478;4922782

depends why you are joining to be honest. If it is to help decide if you … depends why you are joining to be honest. If it is to help decide if you want to join the "regulars" then go for it. If its for a power trip, dont. if its to help make the place a little bit safer for everyone, then you are OK in my book and best of luck to you

agreed what he says :thumbsup:

bykergrove;4981565

So I checked the met site (I live in london) and i got this:While you … So I checked the met site (I live in london) and i got this:While you won’t be paid for your time, your travelling expenses will be covered and you will receive an allowance for refreshments bought while on duty. You will also receive your uniform, together with a further allowance for footwear.but the travel thing really isnt much of an issue... i'm going to apply over the weekend

Good luck!

Im looking at joining too...I've always wanted to be in the police force. My bro is in the met, and I am kinda jealous as its my dream, lol...

I have application form all ready to be filled out...watch this space!

birdyboyuk;4981639

Good luck!Im looking at joining too...I've always wanted to be in the … Good luck!Im looking at joining too...I've always wanted to be in the police force. My bro is in the met, and I am kinda jealous as its my dream, lol...I have application form all ready to be filled out...watch this space!

Me three, im looking into joining aswell, i was interested before and never followed it up, now ive requested an application pack more info etc

Banned

Jetpac;4981880

Me three, im looking into joining aswell, i was interested before and … Me three, im looking into joining aswell, i was interested before and never followed it up, now ive requested an application pack more info etc

Me four. Looks like a giggle.:thumbsup:

What qualifications do I need?

FilthAndFurry;4981995

Me four. Looks like a giggle.:thumbsup:What qualifications do I need?

None AFAIK.

avonandsomerset.police.uk/rec…spx

Banned

FilthAndFurry;4981995

Me four. Looks like a giggle.:thumbsup:What qualifications do I need?

Be sincere and non argumentative. That counts both of us out! :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Community Appreciation Giveaway​ (razerzone​)​11
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      4. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88

See more discussions