Banned
.?

18 Comments

u still looking?!

dont balme u actually...good luck....and saying brum or london is too vague as prices vary so much depending on WHERE in brum or london

bykergrove;4962826

LOL! hey i'm only 23! give me a chance! ;-) I was saving up a down … LOL! hey i'm only 23! give me a chance! ;-) I was saving up a down payment.. i have a bond that matures ealry next month and got the interest from my ISA too... all my money will be liquid soon so am looking properly now!do you know how much fees cost in that price range?Also does anyone have experience with a "One" account?I would be looking for a house in the shirly/solihul area in bham (I think)and looking to buy in london around east london?any good sites to look at? i'm a virgin to this stuff!

Books appointment at estate agents for first thing monday morning ....................

bykergrove;4962865

I work 5 days a week

he he he

No i meant for me !!!! I live in solihull ............... :thumbsup:

bykergrove;4962888

LAWLS!!!!!!! dude what do you reckon i could get for £230,000 up there?Is … LAWLS!!!!!!! dude what do you reckon i could get for £230,000 up there?Is it near universities? uni house too much hassle?

A very nice property at the moment at that price..........

Solihull is a great location for the several uni's...Cov uni, few in brum city centre, warwick uni, all easily reachable within half hour's drive.

bykergrove;4962925

great man thanks alot!I'm still thinking there is time left for the … great man thanks alot!I'm still thinking there is time left for the market to keep falling... but want to snap up a gem if it comes along!

Some of the houses by me and driving to work etc have been for sale for ages 6-12 months, some even more, so a cheeky offer might be worth trying.

Good luck matey ........ :thumbsup:

be checky. offer at least 10% less. you aren't in a chain which often buyers are if spending 230k.

you can offer a quick sale as well.

look at what season it is in the photo, that will tell you how long its been for sale, and play on that.

the fees are minimal, only solictor needed for buying and mortgage fees and a survey fee. don't spend a lot on a survey if under 10 yrs old, cos its guarenteed by builders. get a full survey done if not, it can save you money - if something is wrong, you can haggle down the price further.

say house is an investment, therefore they won't think you have fallen in love with it and you are looking at others, you just want a good prive rather than a home.

bykergrove;4962925

great man thanks alot!I'm still thinking there is time left for the … great man thanks alot!I'm still thinking there is time left for the market to keep falling... but want to snap up a gem if it comes along!

you can use this to your advantage, we are all thinking this, but they will rise again. there are supposed to be some brill mortgage offers coming soon - according to Martin Lewis

good luck hon... for value for money I'd choose brum over londinium every time!

This is like a JFK thread, except the stakes are higher.

bykergrove;4963155

thanks! i'm thinking the new london/birmingham highspeed rail link will … thanks! i'm thinking the new london/birmingham highspeed rail link will drive prices in Bham up faster than in london for the same property.

Solihull is probably the nicest area within, or rather adjacent to Birmingham also, good luck with it x x

Banned

If I were you, I'd wait a little longer. The crash hasn't bottomed out yet, Pointless buying something thats £40K cheaper than 4 months ago, when it'll be another £10K cheaper next month. Think of how long that extra you're paying out would take you to save.

Get in at the right time. Thats not now!

Said the same thing to my nephew when he bought his 1 bed first time buyers flat last June in docklands. He thought he was getting a great deal @ £249,995 (just below stamp duty hype-up). God knows what ots worth now, but I'd bet he couldn't have saved that much in a year!

bykergrove;4963268

ffs liddle the difference between me and BG1/JFK is i dont lie. I fixed … ffs liddle the difference between me and BG1/JFK is i dont lie. I fixed your quote above.kthnxbai(oh btw... my gf's mum broke her wrist today... she fell over)

I'm gonna sue you for £100,000 for misquoting me. Now that I know you have it of course. ;-)

p.s. I wouldn'y be looking now either. Market probably has further to drop.

Banned

BTW - why are you bykergrove now?

bykergrove;4963318

BTW this is a serious thread i'm not trolling as liddle seems to think

I don't think that actually. I just had to figure out whether to make a joke about girlfriends, stacks of cash or wallpaper! :whistling:

Seriously though - if you have a lump sum for investment, would you not consider a house abroad? Some (maybe) safer bets than the UK atm, and it can be a far more exciting project to get involved in imo.

Banned

bykergrove;4963318

i'm not too hot on buying right now... willing to wait like 6/9months but … i'm not too hot on buying right now... willing to wait like 6/9months but thinking if i look to get in at the stages where green shoots of growth are showing then i wont be able to go in at a lower offer price... but i guess i can save more and the price might have adjusted to the amount i was going to offer a few months prior.

Yes, but that time is quite a way off yet.

BTW this is a serious thread i'm not trolling as liddle seems to think

Never for one moment thought otherwise. (Did my reply suggest I thought you weren't?)

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4963382

I don't think that actually. I just had to figure out whether to make a … I don't think that actually. I just had to figure out whether to make a joke about girlfriends, stacks of cash or wallpaper! :whistling:Seriously though - if you have a lump sum for investment, would you not consider a house abroad? Some (maybe) safer bets than the UK atm, and it can be a far more exciting project to get involved in imo.

Bad move. The commuting times and costs are prohibitive.

Besides, have you seen the exchange rates recently? Friend of mine bought a detatched Villa in Spain 2 years ago. Its only the poor EU exchange rates that are in his favour. I wouldnt want to be paying inflated prices purely because the exchange rates!

bykergrove;4963355

I have relatives that are pretty good lawyers and would be willing to … I have relatives that are pretty good lawyers and would be willing to take my case for free... and I know you atleast have a computer :-D

I have a cousin who I bet is a better lawyer than any of yours. She has represented several high- profile clients and came top of her year at Cambridge about a decade ago too - seriously. However, I haven't spoken to her in a couple of years and she owes me no favours so probably won't represent me for free. Could you lend me £100,000 to employ her services?

p.s. There was more than one computer in that pic, so you could be better off than you think if you win.

bykergrove;4963440

I did think about abroad however I work long hours and work is really … I did think about abroad however I work long hours and work is really stressful so its a bit too much to have to worry about.My sister lives in birmingham and so she said she would take care of the house if i got it up there. And i live in London.I had a fixed rate bond in at 6.75%... I need to keep things liquid right now so it is going to suck to put that in an instant access account.. dreading it really! and i dont have 100k just yet :thumbsup:

Buying abroad can be a much easier process than you might imagine though, certainly easier than here in many ways from my experience. I've never bought in the UK after 3 failed attempts.

The only two properties I've bought have been abroad (different countries) and both were surprisingly easy, and both had UK mortgages/loans. One was sold and mortgage settled several years ago, and the same bank was used for the second - this time in the form of a loan as mortgage option wasn't available for that country. And both have worked out as excellent, hassle-free investments.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions