Groups

38 Comments

Have we not banned swine flu threads yet? If not, it's about time we did.

So extra days of school? WOOP Lol kidding, i'm not worrying myself about it either

And if worst comes to worst I've got my getaway planned...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IwE8AmB-Jd4/SXtlm3I4UcI/AAAAAAAAARI/cGdb72ljBb0/s320/Ali+g+and+West+Staines+Massive.jpg

massmail666;5931998

this is misc

And? I'm sorry but I just can't be doing with these threads as there's enough "pandemonium" about swine flu as it is so if people want to find anything out it's very easy to do so, I'm just fed up with it being shoved in our faces all the time that's all, we tend to get a flap on about things in this country.

Banned

Annie1508;5931980

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::w00t::santa:

The end is near......

Swine flu is old hat now - what we need is more threads about pneumonic plague...
    news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Banned

Annie1508;5932034

And? I'm sorry but I just can't be doing with these threads as there's … And? I'm sorry but I just can't be doing with these threads as there's enough "pandemonium" about swine flu as it is so if people want to find anything out it's very easy to do so, I'm just fed up with it being shoved in our faces all the time that's all, we tend to get a flap on about things in this country.

maybe so but nowhere near compared to the american's drama display lol ( no offence to the usa) im a bit bored of hearing swine flu now, there's a vaccine or summit just needs to be tested first, then happy days vaccinated ;-)

massmail666;5932045

so this thread is wrong but a thread about a dead presidents car is OK?

Who the heck mentioned a dead president's car? Am I missing something here? I'm talking about this thread, I don't give a heck about any others but if someone wants to complain about a dead presidents car thread then surely they within their rights to do so.
    :thinking: :w00t:

Annie1508;5931980

Nowt wrong with it, its educational!

MANJ_007;5932042

The end is near......

Banned

lol at people still rattling on about swine flu........

s.a.d

omg i was playing someone at scrabble today and he was from mexico!!! :w00t:

Banned

Met-Cast;5932096

TRAILER 3 FOR THAT MOVIE LOOKS ACE :whistling:

wulshaz;5932112

omg i was playing someone at scrabble today and he was from mexico!!! … omg i was playing someone at scrabble today and he was from mexico!!! :w00t:

Stay away from misc, you gonna spread it around!!!

Supermod

Annie1508;5931980

They serve a better purpose than Word Games. If you dont want to read it, dont enter.

I'm only getting cheesed off with these (and dodgy paper/news headlines) because I know a lot of people get sucked in without looking into the facts thoroughly, my dad being one of them!! He had a bout of diarrohea (sorry folks) and convinced himself he had swine flu, another friend's 3yr old son was sent home from Nursery as they were convinced he had swine flu, fair enough that he was sent home as he was poorly regardless, but he ended up having the chicken pox and was originally treated like a leper. I know a lot of people simply have a bad summer cold, they ring the doctors who without tests say the've "probably" got swine flu, so the mass epidemic we're experiencing is more likely a load of tosh.

I'm extremely sorry for the people's families who had died (most of whom already had pre-existing medical conditions) but just wish we could stop freaking everyone else out and convincing them they had a deadly swine flu when they have nothing of the kind.

This little piggy went to market
    This little piggy stayed at home,
    this little piggy had roast beef,
    This little piggy had none,
    and this little piggy went "cough, sneeze" and the whole world's media went mad over the imminent destruction of the human race, and every journalist found out that they didn't have to do too much work if they just did "Find 'bird', replace with 'swine'" on all their saved articles from a year ago, er, all the way home....

Banned

Annie1508;5932034

And? I'm sorry but I just can't be doing with these threads as there's … And? I'm sorry but I just can't be doing with these threads as there's enough "pandemonium" about swine flu as it is so if people want to find anything out it's very easy to do so, I'm just fed up with it being shoved in our faces all the time that's all, we tend to get a flap on about things in this country.

jade goody

o dear: hotukdeals.com/ite…=18
    and again: hotukdeals.com/ite…113

i guess there are different threads for different people.. one isnt better than the other... especially in misc hence:

THIS IS MISC

MANJ_007;5932133

Stay away from misc, you gonna spread it around!!!

:-D:-D:-D

Annie1508;5932143

I'm only getting cheesed off with these (and dodgy paper/news headlines) … I'm only getting cheesed off with these (and dodgy paper/news headlines) because I know a lot of people get sucked in without looking into the facts thoroughly, my dad being one of them!! He had a bout of diarrohea (sorry folks) and convinced himself he had swine flu, another friend's 3yr old son was sent home from Nursery as they were convinced he had swine flu, fair enough that he was sent home as he was poorly regardless, but he ended up having the chicken pox and was originally treated like a leper. I know a lot of people simply have a bad summer cold, they ring the doctors who without tests say the've "probably" got swine flu, so the mass epidemic we're experiencing is more likely a load of tosh.I'm extremely sorry for the people's families who had died (most of whom already had pre-existing medical conditions) but just wish we could stop freaking everyone else out and convincing them they had a deadly swine flu when they have nothing of the kind.

Yeah but without all the media hype, would you have known the symptoms of swine flu? We wouldnt of even known it was here.

what is the jist of the first post as I soooooo cant be bothered to read it?

Banned

MANJ_007;5932166

Yeah but without all the media hype, would you have known the symptoms of … Yeah but without all the media hype, would you have known the symptoms of swine flu? We wouldnt of even known it was here.

Flu-like?

MANJ_007;5932166

Yeah but without all the media hype, would you have known the symptoms of … Yeah but without all the media hype, would you have known the symptoms of swine flu? We wouldnt of even known it was here.

Are they not just the same as normal, seasonal flu? :whistling:

And if we only know it's here because of the media, what are we actually worrying about???

If you're so fed up of swine flu threads, why on earth would you break your neck to get in here and start posting? lol

jog on....

MANJ_007;5932166

I didn't mind it at the start, even the first week I was fine as it obviously is quite a serious worldwide illness so I'd got the symptoms fine, it's flu symptoms for goodness sake. But it's the fact that X months later we're STILL going on about it that I can't be doing with.

And in answer to Chipstick's question above, I'm listing for exactly that reason, that there's obviously more than me fed up with these threads so why should they still be on here, or set up one Swine Flu thread (like the Quidco one) that any new sites can be put on to so if people ARE interested in swine flu they can still look.

Anyway, not getting into an argument as I'm preaching on now and beginning to annoy myself!!

civms47;5932174

Are they not just the same as normal, seasonal flu? :whistling:And if we … Are they not just the same as normal, seasonal flu? :whistling:And if we only know it's here because of the media, what are we actually worrying about???

I think the main difference being stomach upset with swine flu, the rest are the same, these come on alot more suddenly than normal seasonal flu

Annie I understand what your saying, but it's really simple. Just don't click on a thread that mentions swine flu in the title.

I get bored of certain types of threads, but it's the misc and that what the threads are, miscellaneous(thank god for firefox spell checker lol). If I see a thread I know won't interest me, I ignore and move on to the next.

Simples

But have you noticed that now its not being reported in the news headlines every night the rates have gone down? There was a GP on the radio last week who sent off swabs for all his patients who were diagnosed with flu - 90% of them turned out not to have it...........

Supermod

...if only the mods took more notice of this...

hotukdeals.com/ite…e=7

Arguments wouldnt happen.

Mod & Ed

Annie1508

Have we not banned swine flu threads yet? If not, it's about time we … Have we not banned swine flu threads yet? If not, it's about time we did.

+1

ChipSticks;5932244

Annie I understand what your saying, but it's really simple. Just don't … Annie I understand what your saying, but it's really simple. Just don't click on a thread that mentions swine flu in the title.I get bored of certain types of threads, but it's the misc and that what the threads are, miscellaneous(thank god for firefox spell checker lol). If I see a thread I know won't interest me, I ignore and move on to the next.Simples

I'm really annoying myself now as I just said I wasn't going to say anything else! But, like I said above, don't you think it would make more sense to have a dedicated swine flu thread (like the Quidco one)? Then if anyone has anything else to say, or add, about swine flu it can simply be added to the one thread. Also, anyone who wants to find something out about swine flu would be able to find the thread a lot easier.

Definitely finished now - honest!!

Banned

Annie1508;5932290

I'm really annoying myself now as I just said I wasn't going to say … I'm really annoying myself now as I just said I wasn't going to say anything else! But, like I said above, don't you think it would make more sense to have a dedicated swine flu thread (like the Quidco one)? Then if anyone has anything else to say, or add, about swine flu it can simply be added to the one thread. Also, anyone who wants to find something out about swine flu would be able to find the thread a lot easier.Definitely finished now - honest!!

I would want all the games to be in one thread then. and all the DVDs in deals...

We dont have sticky threads so its NOT GONNA HAPPEN

Annie1508;5932290

I'm really annoying myself now as I just said I wasn't going to say … I'm really annoying myself now as I just said I wasn't going to say anything else! But, like I said above, don't you think it would make more sense to have a dedicated swine flu thread (like the Quidco one)? Then if anyone has anything else to say, or add, about swine flu it can simply be added to the one thread. Also, anyone who wants to find something out about swine flu would be able to find the thread a lot easier.Definitely finished now - honest!!

But we could say the same about the games threads, they get on my timpletons, so instead of going in the thread and moaning they should only have one game thread because I'm fed up, I just ignore them...

Same for other types of threads.

Please help, my pc died
    How much is this worth?
    Where can i get....
    Halp!!! My cat swallowed a tampax.

you can't group every type of thread I'm afraid, you just have to learn patience, and to ignore what doesn't interest you

ChipSticks;5932339

Halp!!! My cat swallowed a tampax.

Damn, missed that one... :-D

MANJ_007;5932358

I may have made that one up for comedy purposes and to help me illustrate my point... lol

(no cats were harmed during the making of this thread)

MANJ_007;5932358

It was a white chocolate button, I think:thinking:

Re the topic - I don't think it adds anything to information that is of importance to the general public that an Australian lab have enabled a Relenza-resistant virus to replicate sufficienlty to be able to determine that it is resistant to Relenza.

It is a lab phenomeneon - unless they take it into their heads to try do hold the world to ransom, but then they would have to hybridise it first and then do clinical trials - the truth would come out and they would be incarcerated for ever.

Viruses will always end up as resistant to drugs to 'treat' them.

ChipSticks;5932441

I may have made that one up for comedy purposes and to help me illustrate … I may have made that one up for comedy purposes and to help me illustrate my point... lol(no cats were harmed during the making of this thread)

Yes, as I thought, white chocolate button!!

hotukdeals.com/ite…471
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?66
      2. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?38
      3. iPhone x53
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?914

See more discussions