Banned

23 Comments

Just about yeah. They're crooks

Banned

yes and no

depends on category

games dvds etc are but laptops etc are about 5% ish just as a comparison

I thought it was higher than 10%....sold something for £260 and they took over £30 (just in FVF)

then add what they take for paypal and profit is pretty much gone

Banned

lil_tiger;6061482

I thought it was higher than 10%....sold something for £260 and they took … I thought it was higher than 10%....sold something for £260 and they took over £30 (just in FVF)

who knows? there is a page here if you can work it out ....it says all personal sellers...all items exc mobile fones property and motors is 10% upto max of £40.????.

i know this isnt right as ive sold a couple of laptops a few weeks ago and paid nothing like that:thinking:

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

seem to of changed again recently as sure it was 9. somat % before

Sold something for £780 and got stung for £85 with paypal fees thrown in, Still if i had sold it somewhere else i would have probably got £400,

I need to sell a camera lens and the 10% thing and paypal fees is the only thing puttin' me off. ebay has become quite a greedy place (talking about the topdogs/ bigwigs)

casparwhite;6061457

yes and nodepends on categorygames dvds etc are but laptops etc are about … yes and nodepends on categorygames dvds etc are but laptops etc are about 5% ish just as a comparison

Games are 9%, DVD's 10%:thumbsup:

I sold my HTC Touch HD and the bill is now 32.45ukp. Thieving barstewards.
I must start using ebid!
That and paypal fees, they have just taken 40ukp off me. That's 16% by my calculations.

Banned

tonygee;6062321

Games are 9%, DVD's 10%:thumbsup:

wheres it say that?.....they all appear to come under media now which is 9% bin or 10% auction from what i can make out ?

for private sellers anyway

playtrade and amazon marketplace is more expensive than ebay.

casparwhite;6062382

wheres it say that?.....they all appear to come under media now which is … wheres it say that?.....they all appear to come under media now which is 9% bin or 10% auction from what i can make out ? for private sellers anyway

Just looked at my last five recent transactions(few weeks old), All 9% final fee. Sold one Blu-Ray @10%. I'm a private seller too, I thought it was 10% but my calculator tells me 9%.:thumbsup:

***EDIT*** They are all BUY IT NOW so 9%, sorry I didn't realise there was a % difference in BIN & auction:oops:

:x yep they are a shower of robbing blagards!!!!!

i think they must be investing more money into ebay as they keep trying to improve things but obvisously they need to improve there fees

yupp.

Sold my iPhone for £260 on there. Ended up only getting £220 after ebay fees and paypal fees. Total joke.

amazon takes about 25% in total

Banned

dantheman3989;6062569

amazon takes about 25% in total

have you seen the prices peoiple are charging on market place....not suprised tbh

And in some categories you MUST offer free P&P.

E-bay isnt the place it used to be,

So where is? Ebid?

i've sold quite a lot of stuff on ebay, and though the fees might seem high, the way i see it is that if you sell an item for 100quid, and have to pay a tenner, then you haven't done bad really. Your item is listed in a clear, easy to use and (relatively) safe environment, which is often the first place that potential buyers will go and look for an item they're after, from many different countries in the world. You're paying to list your item for potentially hundreds of thousands of people to look at and hopefully bid on/buy. People seem to hate ebay, I don't.

Banned

EADG123;6068182

i've sold quite a lot of stuff on ebay, and though the fees might seem … i've sold quite a lot of stuff on ebay, and though the fees might seem high, the way i see it is that if you sell an item for 100quid, and have to pay a tenner, then you haven't done bad really. Your item is listed in a clear, easy to use and (relatively) safe environment, which is often the first place that potential buyers will go and look for an item they're after, from many different countries in the world. You're paying to list your item for potentially hundreds of thousands of people to look at and hopefully bid on/buy. People seem to hate ebay, I don't.

show me what you can sell for £100 and only pay a tenner? there are paypal fees and now postage fees to be paid on top of all that while ebay makes profit out of the postage? yet sellers arent? double standards really

but yes there is no viable alternative, so yes they can turn the screws whenever they feel like it.....alienating more cutomers which oin turn means less profits which means higher feews and stealth fees lik free postage.......and the circle continues

they want all the big retailers on there essentially killing off the sellers that used to buy from the retailers and sell on there........the middleman ie personal small sellers are not wanted and being cut out of the loop.....hence the discounts for shops and large volume sellers/retailers

ive just been having a look at my past sales, does anyone know if there's an itemised billing section on there anywhere? just to see what fees I've paid on what sales? that'd be helpful. i've never actually sold anything for 100 quid on there, just basing that comment on the 10% final valuation fee mentioned in this here thread! what would you suggest the fees would be on a £100 item?

i remember Yahoo Auctions....much better.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764009
    2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917251
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415314087
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386134

See more discussions