10 Comments

No but you can install Linux but not on the new slim one.

the cost of blank blu rays is holding the development back

Sony's well thought out protection is holding back development......

Abvance;6071139

No but you can install Linux but not on the new slim one.

you can do it on the old one as well and it doesnt even void the warranty, but theres no CFW so no iso loaders or anything.
oh sorry misread your post.

yes sony learnt from the psp hackers.
I'd say people will manage to hack it sometime but it will be for the original firmware 1.00 or something but sony made a very clever move making it compulsory to update so the majority of ps3s will be unhackable. so i dont think it will take off like the psp hacks did.

[QUOTE=abomination;6071172]Sony's well thought out protection is holding back development......[/QUOTE

these people enjoy the challenge :thumbsup:

ms want people to copy games obv

just like sony did with the ps1, ps2 and psp

I'm pretty sure there's a fair few games available that don't come close to using all of a blu-ray disc's capacity (where's a 360 fanboy when you need one :giggle:). If the firmware was cracked who's to say you couldn't just burn a DVD+DL and be done with it.

I don't think the PS3 HDD encryption has even been cracked yet, Sony eventually plugged the demo loophole allowing you to install anything that didn't require activation from any other region (*sad*). I think there's still some way to go.

Custom firmware would be a really nice touch to the PS3. I'd love to be able to play PS2 games on my 80GB.

i thought PS3 is backward compatible? u cant even play PS2 games on it? wth

it is on the ps3 's that were sold at launch.

abomination;6071172

Sony's well thought out protection is holding back development......

& £4.99 & £9.99 3-6 month from release titles. So who cares about custom firmware or protection.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    3. GOT Leaks again614
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710

See more discussions